What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

evietiger

O.G.
May 19, 2007
I finally took the plunge and bought the Verdura large initial necklace. I’ve been talking about it for over two years, but hesitated because no one else in my family has the same initial.

However, when I posted here about it I got a lot of good advice from my fellow jewelry fans. So here’s my 2021 Christmas gift!

View attachment 5219415
It's a beautiful piece! Congrats! And we have the same initial :smile: How do you like this when compared to Magic Alhambra long necklaces? Would you style them differently (with different outfit)? Also how long is the chain? Sorry for so many questions! Thank you!

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
It's a beautiful piece! Congrats! And we have the same initial :smile:
:heart:

How do you like this when compared to Magic Alhambra long necklaces?

Would you style them differently (with different outfit)?

Also how long is the chain? Sorry for so many questions! Thank you!
I have mentioned before how much I love the long Magic necklaces - I have them all ! I wear them with everything, day or night .

I haven’t worn the initial yet (since it is Christmas gift :smile: ), but I am guessing I won’t find it quite as versatile. However, I don’t plan to wear it any differently — I will wear it as an everyday necklace and at more formal events.

I got the standard chain length, which is 28 inches. (the Magic long pendant is about 35 inches). The nice thing about Verdura is they will customize to what the client wants. So the chain length can be changed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880

evietiger

O.G.
May 19, 2007
Thank you so much sbelle! I love the long Magic necklace as well but wanted to venture out of VCA. I love certain designs from Verdua but have never had a chance to see any piece in real person. Contemplating the Byzantine pendant (it is also a brooch!) ....

• Love
Reactions: 880

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
Thank you so much sbelle! I love the long Magic necklace as well but wanted to venture out of VCA. I love certain designs from Verdua but have never had a chance to see any piece in real person. Contemplating the Byzantine pendant (it is also a brooch!) ....
If you don’t have to have VCA or Verdura, Temple St. Clair makes some gorgeous bold yellow gold pieces.
Her Tolomeo pendant is iconic and is now in the Louvre’s permanent collection. There were a few posts on Temple St. Clair in the Discussion thread, so I won’t repeat here and bore everyone, but here is Tolomeo. I love this pendant. Scroll through all the photos to see how each circle moves. It’s so beautiful to me. Anyway, just FYI in case you might like Temple St. Clair and want to browse her website. She does gold like no other.

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
If you don’t have to have VCA or Verdura, Temple St. Clair makes some gorgeous bold yellow gold pieces.
Her Tolomeo pendant is iconic and is now in the Louvre’s permanent collection. There were a few posts on Temple St. Clair in the Discussion thread, so I won’t repeat here and bore everyone, but here is Tolomeo. I love this pendant. Scroll through all the photos to see how each circle moves. It’s so beautiful to me. Anyway, just FYI in case you might like Temple St. Clair and want to browse her website. She does gold like no other.

Just poking around a bit on her site, I see it's now also available in all diamonds! Gorgeous in the multicolored sapphires, but this is beautiful, too! :loveeyes:

Reactions: BigAkoya

evietiger

O.G.
May 19, 2007
Thank you BigAkoya! It is bold and gorgeous indeed! I love the multicolored one This is what TPF does to ya - discovering more and more treasures :smile:

Reactions: BigAkoya

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
@etoile de mer @evietiger
I just love this piece. I even asked if they would do it in WG, but she won't. She is really fixated on her YG and how beautiful the pieces are in YG, which I do agree. It is even more beautiful in real life, 3D. I love colored gemstones.

More enabling... look at the artwork on this gold... it's beautiful.
18K Sundial Bracelet – Temple St. Clair (templestclair.com)

Last night I started a thread for fans of Temple St Clair. :smile: It's a smaller, niche brand, so not sure how many fellow fans there are here. Your posts about her pieces, and a few others, are the only ones I've seen here over the years. But, I love her work so much, I thought she needed her own thread! :heart:

http://www.louisvuittonbag.net/threads/temple-st-clair-fans-lets-share-our-favorites.1046930/

etoile de mer

by the sea
Feb 25, 2012
Last night I started a thread for fans of Temple St Clair. :smile: It's a smaller, niche brand, so not sure how many fellow fans there are here. Your posts about her pieces, and a few others, are the only ones I've seen here over the years. But, I love her work so much, I thought she needed her own thread! :heart:

http://www.louisvuittonbag.net/threads/temple-st-clair-fans-lets-share-our-favorites.1046930/
Ah, well it seems a thread for Temple St Clair already existed! I'd looked and couldn't find. Apparently a mod merged the old thread with mine. So lots of older posts and pics there now, too. :flowers: