What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

911snowball

Apr 9, 2016
US- Northeast
This post is for Big Akoya! If I cannot sleep at night, I often start watching you tube videos of various shopping excursions to VCA boutiques all over the world. I love to see what is offered as my boutique does not carry much of the high jewelry line so it is such delightful eye candy! One blogger was trying things on and this appeared and I immediately thought of you and the discussions here on various bow designs. Added bonus with the gemstone! I think it is just beautiful! bow ring for BA.

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
This post is for Big Akoya! If I cannot sleep at night, I often start watching you tube videos of various shopping excursions to VCA boutiques all over the world. I love to see what is offered as my boutique does not carry much of the high jewelry line so it is such delightful eye candy! One blogger was trying things on and this appeared and I immediately thought of you and the discussions here on various bow designs. Added bonus with the gemstone! I think it is just beautiful! View attachment 5217761
Wow! This is VCA? This is so pretty! Next time I head to the boutique, I am going to ask my SA about bow rings! :nuts:
I never thought to do that so I only know the Noeud. This is so different, and I love colored gemstones. Thank you so much for sharing. I also do not have a boutique near me, so I should watch VCA youtubes too. What a great idea!

lynne_ross

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
I finally received my diamond bangles to go with my love bracelets. They are a bit bigger than my loves which I am not 100% happy with. However, they are exact same size as my perlee clover. I wear 2 stacked with my 3 loves 24/7 and then stack the 3rd with my clover perlee. I stacked all 7 bracelets together a few times this week and I find the diamond bands tie the loves into the perlee clover better. Very happy with this purchase. I have gotten more compliments on them in a week then any of my other pieces. Funny how people like the simple items.
Here is all 7 together.

CBE180CF-EE80-4D76-B1C0-A1B7C708797E.jpeg

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I finally received my diamond bangles to go with my love bracelets. They are a bit bigger than my loves which I am not 100% happy with. However, they are exact same size as my perlee clover. I wear 2 stacked with my 3 loves 24/7 and then stack the 3rd with my clover perlee. I stacked all 7 bracelets together a few times this week and I find the diamond bands tie the loves into the perlee clover better. Very happy with this purchase. I have gotten more compliments on them in a week then any of my other pieces. Funny how people like the simple items.
Here is all 7 together.

View attachment 5218171
This looks great! I have seen a lot of bangle stacks, especially Loves.
Your idea of adding diamond bangles between them make the stack look stunning. I love it, and as you said, it ties the bangles together.

And by the way, I like that the diamond bangles are a bit larger and stand out (vs. a bit smaller and shrink in).
It makes the bangles looks like edges for the Love, similar to the beaded edge of your Perlee which also "sticks out" in a sense from the flat part of the clover bangle. I like it! It's very three dimensional. Looks gorgeous!

Congratulations on your new pieces!

chiaoapple

O.G.
Sep 27, 2006
Stunning. Yes, they had QUITE A MARKUP and oddly it varied as per hardware too. It was to be expected, I guess, as you got a lot "more" for your dollar there comparted to, for example, VCA and Cartier. Anyway, this is beautiful.
Thanks, and yes, Bvlgari really is better priced than other lux brands but it seems they are actively trying to change that lol!
I do hope they continue to come up with great new designs as I know I would not be able to buy any existing designs because I know “how cheaper it used to be…”!

Reactions: glamourbag

lynne_ross

O.G.
Dec 18, 2008
Your idea of adding diamond bangles between them make the stack look stunning. I love it, and as you said, it ties the bangles together.

And by the way, I like that the diamond bangles are a bit larger and stand out (vs. a bit smaller and shrink in).
It makes the bangles looks like edges for the Love, similar to the beaded edge of your Perlee which also "sticks out" in a sense from the flat part of the clover bangle. I like it! It's very three dimensional. Looks gorgeous!

Thanks BigA. I had the exact same thought that the diamond bangles had to be same size or larger than loves. I tried on some that were smaller and the loves hide them and went over them. My 3 loves and perlee are sentimental so glad to finally find something to jazz them up and tie them together.

Reactions: BigAkoya

glamourbag

O.G.
Feb 25, 2010

@lynne_ross I agree with @BigAkoya. I think if they were all flush it wouldn't give quite the same impact, but perhaps that's personal preference as I prefer stacks which are of bracelets/bangles in different sizes, widths, shapes etc. I think they also soften the look of the loves and I bet add a great amount of sparkle and pair back to your rings! Beautiful! I bet you're a vision!

• Love
Reactions: lynne_ross

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I finally took the plunge and bought the Verdura large initial necklace. I’ve been talking about it for over two years, but hesitated because no one else in my family has the same initial.

However, when I posted here about it I got a lot of good advice from my fellow jewelry fans. So here’s my 2021 Christmas gift!

9C17F95F-3BF7-4057-8225-3ECDD8B132F9.jpeg

Last edited:

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I finally took the plunge and bought the Verdura large initial necklace. I’ve been talking about it for over two years, but hesitated because no one else in my family has the same initial.

However, when I posted here about it I got a lot of good advice from my fellow jewelry fans. So here’s my 2022 Christmas gift!

View attachment 5219415
Wow... that is so gorgeous, and you have the best initial! It is stunning as an "S"! I love the curves and the points at the end of your "S" and ofcourse the way the rope wraps around it. Beautiful! Mod shots if you're not shy!

Congratulations on your beautiful piece!
And, if any of your next generation admires or wants this piece, you can smile and say it's only for a "S"pecial person! If you do pass it on, she will wear it and know it was from mom/aunt/godmother "S"belle and that she was the chosen "S"pecial one.

Not that you need to think about that now, because for now... it's all about you and this gorgeous piece! :nuts: :heart:
So gorgeous! Congratulations to you, and an early Merry Christmas!

Jan 25, 2010

However, when I posted here about it I got a lot of good advice from my fellow jewelry fans. So here’s my 2021 Christmas gift!

View attachment 5219415

Gah!! I remember this thread. I'm so glad you bit the bullet. Verdura do the loveliest initials. The rope detail is incredible. Normally I hate mixed metals on a piece, but this is stunning. This is on my wish list - not for a long time. Mainly because I can't try them on, but the rope gets me every time. What's the service like there? Will this be an everyday piece for you?

Reactions: sbelle

911snowball

Apr 9, 2016
US- Northeast
sbelle this is gorgeous! This happens to be my initial too so I join in the request for a IRL mod shot . I have looked at this on the website over and over but cannot really tell how it would look so I have not ordered. Love it!

lisawhit

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007

View attachment 5219415
Love it! Congratulations! I've been thinking about getting the smaller size, I can't make up my mind.

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
Wow... that is so gorgeous, and you have the best initial! It is stunning as an "S"! I love the curves and the points at the end of your "S" and ofcourse the way the rope wraps around it. Beautiful! Mod shots if you're not shy!

Congratulations on your beautiful piece!
And, if any of your next generation admires or wants this piece, you can smile and say it's only for a "S"pecial person! If you do pass it on, she will wear it and know it was from mom/aunt/godmother "S"belle and that she was the chosen "S"pecial one.

Not that you need to think about that now, because for now... it's all about you and this gorgeous piece! :nuts: :heart:
So gorgeous! Congratulations to you, and an early Merry Christmas!
Thank you so much!

I am not big on modeling shots, so we'll see on that. ;)I am out of town for the next week, so maybe after that?

In the meantime, how about this picture from Verdura.com

AE33BD30-A7DE-4798-ABFC-7BA290E53B74.jpeg

Gah!! I remember this thread. I'm so glad you bit the bullet. Verdura do the loveliest initials. The rope detail is incredible. Normally I hate mixed metals on a piece, but this is stunning. This is on my wish list - not for a long time. Mainly because I can't try them on, but the rope gets me every time. What's the service like there? Will this be an everyday piece for you?
The Verdura boutique is in a building across the street from Bergdorf Goodman and everyone there is lovely. I did purchase this piece at Bergdorf's which has a nice size Verdura boutique. I like getting the InCircle points, so about 1/2 of my Verdura has come from BG.

I am going to hold off wearing until after Christmas, but I do plan on wearing it as an everyday piece.

sbelle this is gorgeous! This happens to be my initial too so I join in the request for a IRL mod shot . I have looked at this on the website over and over but cannot really tell how it would look so I have not ordered. Love it!
The hard thing with the Verdura intial necklaces is that they most often don't have your initial in stock. And especially if you buy at BG. They have one initial just to show you. If they have to place an order it take 9-12 weeks. I happened to be lucky and mine was in stock at Verdura, but I didn't actually see if until I had already purchased it.

Love it! Congratulations! I've been thinking about getting the smaller size, I can't make up my mind.
I totally understand-- I thought about it for two years!

For me, the decision for the large was because I like to wear my necklaces long. Exactly like in the photo above. The smaller initial is too small to be worn long.