What is your overall beauty routine or must do (pro or diy) to look put together and prettier? 35+

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Hairdresser, beautician, cosmetic touch up / plastic surgery, etc...
I am used to be surrounded with women who do not care...but I do! How to do an overall take care routine when you are over 35 and things start to fall apart?
Hair : So I have been to the hairdresser but prefer my natural color but have really thinning hair :/
Face : beautician for a facial every change of season, and got fillers 18 months ago. time for a touch up.
Eyebrows : so important, I got an artist doing them but thinking about microblading.
Teeth : whitening
Body : just the gym....anything for the aging skin?

more ideas that make a difference???

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
ladysarahinlondon
Hairdresser, beautician, cosmetic touch up / plastic surgery, etc...
I am used to be surrounded with women who do not care...but I do! How to do an overall take care routine when you are over 35 and things start to fall apart?
Hair : So I have been to the hairdresser but prefer my natural color but have really thinning hair :/
Face : beautician for a facial every change of season, and got fillers 18 months ago. time for a touch up.
Eyebrows : so important, I got an artist doing them but thinking about microblading.
Teeth : whitening
Body : just the gym....anything for the aging skin?

more ideas that make a difference???
Regular yoga! I see women over 50 and their skin looks amazing.plus they can move like much younger people. ...and don't wait till over 35 to start.my nice is only 17 and loves it.

Reactions: gelbergirl

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Regular yoga! I see women over 50 and their skin looks amazing.plus they can move like much younger people. ...and don't wait till over 35 to start.my nice is only 17 and loves it.
thank you! I used to practice yoga -yeah even went to Bali- but haven´t done anything for almost a year due to health. I need to get back onto it, gentle.
Oh and also, I prioritize looking more put together and Make the best of what I have, over looking younger.

Apr 15, 2007
Yoga, pilates & meditation are all helpful
Lipstick & eyebrows can make the world of difference
We have to push perhaps a little more to feel good about ourselves
Taking care of yourself inside will show outside..
No Smoking, drinking etc helps one looks healthier
Retinol & sunscreen do wonders

Jan 26, 2007
Yoga is great, especially as we get older. I'm 51 and exercise 4-5 days a week. My favorite things are fitness kickboxing and going for walks. I use retinol serum/moisturizer along with sunscreen. I second a good lipstick and eyebrows. At 33 years old I had chemotherapy for breast cancer. My eyebrows never grew back as full as they once were, so I use an eyebrow gel and it really does make a difference.

Sep 22, 2019
For my skin, I've never once slept in my make up. No matter how tired I've been, I've always washed and moisturized my face before sleep, and my skin has thanked me for that.

Now I'm over 40, I rely on Primer under a very light application of foundation. I love the Benefit Pore-fessional Pearl Primer! I also use Revlon Skin Lights illuminator in pink light under my eyes, rather than a concealer; and am much happier with the result. With dry, aging skin, I no longer use powder cosmetics - liquid, cream, gel, etc.

On Friday night instead of my usual evening moisturizer I use the Arcona Wine Hydrating Mask as a moisturizer (thin layer, massaged gently into the skin, and not washed off), on Saturday night I do the same thing with Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask. It's a 'trick' I learned several years ago when getting a facial. I haven't gotten a facial since Covid hit, but used to get them in spring and fall. Luckily I inherited perfectly shaped eyebrows from my Mom - sadly, I didn't inherit her slimness or height.

I also have thin hair, and stopped dying it dark brown. Found out I'm not ready to go grey, but using a light brown that matches my natural color, so I don't need to get it dyed as often since only the grey roots show, not all the lighter brown roots. And the grey roots are so much less visible against the lighter brown.

Reactions: limom
Sep 22, 2019
When you all say lipstick, is a darker shade going to age us Or doesn’t it matter
I prefer medium shades as I age. Dark makes my lips look smaller and can bleed a bit, but super-light nude shades make my lips disappear. So, happy medium... Peach, berry, and warm pinks are my favorites.