Workplace What is your degree in? What is your career?

May 5, 2020
I had the hardest time in college choosing a major. I started out chemical engineering, then tried to change to cognitive science, economics, engineering mathematics, and not until my junior year did I finally settle on double majoring in Computer Science and Business Administration.

I graduated in May 2019 and started a job as a software engineer at an early stage startup, and I love it. I think the one thing I did the best in college was always keeping an open mind, and that has helped me get a kickstart into a career I love.

*Jenn*

patiently awaiting our baby girl's arrival!
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
Crabcakes & Football, Baby!
i have an associate's degree in medical assisting, and i am currently a medical assistant.

i am working towards my bachelor's degree in allied health administration management, and hope to get a mid to upper level management position somewhere in the healthcare field after i graduate.

i have had many career changes and many different majors.

- i was a wedding coordinator, got a certification for that
- was planning on diagnostic sonography (ultrasounds), was going to school for that but after 2 tries and several years, i gave that up
- i run a bakery out of my house, completely self-taught, for a while i thought about opening a store, but its just too volatile and i need stability

at the end of the day, while i would love to work for myself, or work with animals, or do something creative, i am at the point in my life where i need a good stable career, not the relatively unachievable "never work a day in your life" fantasy job

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Mar 10, 2020
So I graduated this year, I have a master degree in international business. I also have a bachelor degree in foreign languages.
I have a job waiting for me but the coronavirus happened and now I have to wait for the border to reopen since I'm moving abroad.

Ithuriel

Nov 24, 2013
B.S. and M.S. in Statistics.
I’m currently working in data analytics/data science in the marketing industry, but hoping to make a switch to the tech industry.

Reactions: meowmeow94

Kevinaxx

Sep 18, 2016
I was a bit backwards.

worked in banking and then changed into investment—before going back to school to get my bachelors in administration w/concentration in finance.

worked as an associate for a senior advisor, HH about 500 w/book of $2.5bn and a little under $400mm of that managed.

now transitioning into planning and after that will be an advisor.

long term there are a few other plays in mind. But for now, helping people with their finances will be the main focus.

meowmeow94

Princess of Cat Kingdom
Apr 30, 2014
Cat Kingdom
B.S. and M.S. in Statistics.
I’m currently working in data analytics/data science in the marketing industry, but hoping to make a switch to the tech industry.
nice ❤ i’m on track of starting my Master in Data analytics as well :smile: so excited! I have background in Marketing and love to work in tech too!

Reactions: Ithuriel