What bags do you ladies wear with your little ones when you are out and about?

Miumiu23

Dec 27, 2012
Which is the better option? I am looking at a mini (is Lambskin too delicate with little ones?) or is a boy bag better?

ipekkeles

lil' miss shop-a-lot
Sep 23, 2011
Turkey
how little are we talking about? my daughter is almost 7 but when she was younger (older than a baby, so she didn’t need diapers or change of clothes or changing mat etc.) WOC was my most used bag.

ZofieUp

Dec 22, 2020
I had a similar dilemma (WOC vs BA)a few months ago and asked some advice here.

I bought a Celine trio (was advised here) and chanel mini square. But hands down the Celine is way more practical for me.

I chose mini because of the caviar leather. I’ve noticed that lambskin is to delicate for my active child.

i would prefer a WOC, I found the chain of boy bag heavy.

Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:

M00

May 1, 2014
I have a one and a 3 y.o. When I’m out and about with them, I also have a separate diaper bag. So I like to carry just a small bag with me. My go to is CAVIAR or crumple calfskin square and rectangular mini. I’ve brought the lamb mini with me once but I was always worry I’d scratch the bag (when I’d be in a hurry with 2 little ones, I’d tend to quickly toss my bag in the car, or set it quickly down to the stroller). I also saw a mom with small baby at the mall with her Chanel 19 and it looked great as well. Personally I’m not a a fan of the 19 so I don’t have any of them. But if you like the option of having a bigger bag, I think it’d be a great choice since the lamb or goatskin on the 19 is very durable as well

Sep 3, 2017
New York, New York
My favorite is a small classic flap in caviar. Anything hand held is too difficult (like a trendy or cch which I love but both look best hand held and are slightly bulky worn on the shoulder). I also like a classic flap mini but all of mine are newer and not caviar (although the new one with a too handle could be a good option since it’s available in cavia). For me a woc just doesn’t hold enough. I never reach for my boy bag since it’s a tad bulky but I’m holding onto it still hoping I will at a later time.

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
England, UK
I use my WOC all the time when I’m out with my little boy. Crossbody, understated, lies flat to the body. Having said that, I’m considering selling it, as once I put my keys in there, it’s such a tight fit, I struggle to close it.

Venessa84

Aug 20, 2013
The Garden State
Something I can crossbody is a must when I’m out with my almost 2 year old and 4 year old. My 19 and reissue have been great. I also enjoy using my small Boy too on occasion.

MsSav

Nov 12, 2018
Chanel old medium Gabrielle!
I have a 3 and 5 year old and I can put my essentials, tissues, antibacterial wipes and a full water bottle in it. Best is that it can be crossbody or a shoulderbag so handsfree.
Can probably squeeze a nappy in there too if you need.

It’s not too big and bulky either.
I was soo over carrying around a neverfull and or using a small crossbody and also having a bigger nappy bag...

bkee

Dec 28, 2020
Love the woc, as mentioned by honeybunch, it lies flat to the body, which is great when I am out and about with my baby. I have to mind so many things with a small baby and my handbag will not be one of them.

luckylove

Sep 5, 2012
Lambskin mini! I highly recommend! Lambskin is far more durable than people think and the mini fits all the essentials plus more. Not a fan of the boy with its heavy chains etc...