What are your experiences with Fashionphile?

girlhasbags

Jan 20, 2013
I agree with respect to their customer service. I once called them about a bag that was listed as having "pet odor". They were very nice about it and actually pulled the bag out and smelled it. (Well, they told me they did.) This happened many years ago so they might not be as responsive these days. Not sure if this is still the case, but the last time I checked (maybe 2 months ago) the wait time to talk to a live person was over an hour. I've had better luck just emailing them. They get back to you in 1-2 days.
I do it all the time and it usually works out. That way you don’t have to pay for both

Hatfield1313

Jan 17, 2013
California
Has anyone had experience with sending multiple items to FP and getting confirmation of only some items? I sent them two bags and two Tiffany charms and received confirmation they received the bags. I called and she said give it a couple days as the charms might not be checked in yet. This is only my third time selling to them, the last time the confirmation email had everything listed and the time before I dropped off in person. What happens if the charms are lost? TIA

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Has anyone had experience with sending multiple items to FP and getting confirmation of only some items? I sent them two bags and two Tiffany charms and received confirmation they received the bags. I called and she said give it a couple days as the charms might not be checked in yet. This is only my third time selling to them, the last time the confirmation email had everything listed and the time before I dropped off in person. What happens if the charms are lost? TIA
I'm assuming they were all in the same shipping box with the product list they give you to print out? Were the charms in separate boxes so they wouldn't get lost in the shipping box? More than likely they just haven't been checked in yet because jewelry and bags probably go to different areas. I have had an item lost one time. When I called they said there was a note that they didn't find the item in the box on my account. Eventually they did find it but they paid me for it anyway. if you called and there's no note on your account that the other two items aren't in there then they just haven't checked them in yet.

444faith

O.G.
Nov 30, 2010
USA
I went to submit a quote and received a message saying my account has been suspended from buying and selling. I have no idea why, I just received payment for items yesterday and mailed out more items today.

Has this happened to anyone else?
:hrmm:

Hatfield1313

Jan 17, 2013
California
I'm assuming they were all in the same shipping box with the product list they give you to print out? Were the charms in separate boxes so they wouldn't get lost in the shipping box? More than likely they just haven't been checked in yet because jewelry and bags probably go to different areas. I have had an item lost one time. When I called they said there was a note that they didn't find the item in the box on my account. Eventually they did find it but they paid me for it anyway. if you called and there's no note on your account that the other two items aren't in there then they just haven't checked them in yet.
Yeah it was all in the same box but the charms were in a white envelope and I wrote Tiffany charms on it. When I called the girl said she’d notate that so they could keep an eye out. You’re probably right about going to different departments.

samfalstaff

Holy Hannah!
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
Yes. This has happened to me. I sent in two boxes of stuff (each containing about 3-4 items). I only received notification that they had received 2 of the items, but I got paid for everything. This was about 3 months ago.

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
Yes, all the time. I send 4 or 5 and get an email they received 2 or 3. It's always been like that for me - my emails rarely show all the items I send in at once, sometimes a few days later I will be told the others arrived.

Reactions: caannie

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
Yeah it was all in the same box but the charms were in a white envelope and I wrote Tiffany charms on it. When I called the girl said she’d notate that so they could keep an eye out. You’re probably right about going to different departments.
Keep an eye on your seller dashboard on Fashionphile's site. A lot of times it'll show the items have been checked in even if you didn't get an email confirming it. You may find that they're already there.

Reactions: Hatfield1313

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
USA
Can I reserve an item on FP, then sell something and apply those funds to the item that I put on reserve? I basically want to sell something and use the funds as trade to get the item I want. But I don't want to chance the item I want selling.

opensesame

OpenSesame
Feb 20, 2012
USA
I happen to live pretty close to Fashionphile HQ and sold some items to them. The buyout price was 30% of the retail value for unused, designer, but rather uncommon, diamond pave rings. I assume the buyout price would be much higher for items such as Cartier love bracelet.

The facility itself is surprisingly nice and staff were very welcoming. Everyone wore masks and gloves when handling the goods. I brought in my items in person and got paid in 30min. If you are in SoCal, I think it might be worth the trip to take a look at their bags/drop off bags.

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
the boonies of illinois
I happen to live pretty close to Fashionphile HQ and sold some items to them. The buyout price was 30% of the retail value for unused, designer, but rather uncommon, diamond pave rings. I assume the buyout price would be much higher for items such as Cartier love bracelet.

The facility itself is surprisingly nice and staff were very welcoming. Everyone wore masks and gloves when handling the goods. I brought in my items in person and got paid in 30min. If you are in SoCal, I think it might be worth the trip to take a look at their bags/drop off bags.
2 things--I wish I lived close to there (I'm up in the Chicago-land area) so I could shop and browse there and the other thing--I'm glad that I don't 'cause I would be totally BROKE from the shopping!:crybaby:

But thanks for the info, I've always wondered what the brick/mortar shop was like. And maybe I will get there some day. :yes:

Reactions: opensesame

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
Super disheartened today by my recent FP purchase :annoyed: They showed a Chanel in excellent condition and I spent a few days looking over the pictures very carefully before purchasing - it looked perfect. So, it arrives and there is a very obvious tear to the corner leather. I compared the picture to the bag and it's not something they would have neglected to photograph, they photographed a perfect corner and the corner I have is torn. They are closed today so I can't report it to them by phone, but it's upsetting. :sad: I suspect they recycled the picture from a previous purchase or return and didn't bother to note the condition it came back to them in. I've watched them slowly decline over the past year or so and this is just another issue ... it's a bummer. I don't really want to return it since it was a super limited bag but I'm stuck with an issue if I keep it.

p1.gif Resized_20210116_173603.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: caannie and onlyk

opensesame

OpenSesame
Feb 20, 2012
USA
2 things--I wish I lived close to there (I'm up in the Chicago-land area) so I could shop and browse there and the other thing--I'm glad that I don't 'cause I would be totally BROKE from the shopping!:crybaby:

But thanks for the info, I've always wondered what the brick/mortar shop was like. And maybe I will get there some day. :yes:
I see I see. I feel pretty lucky because I don‘t have to ship in the handbags or jewleries. I sure wouldn’t feel that comfortable shipping Birkin without full insurance. It’s definitely worth a trip since you get to inspect the items. The potential buyers wear gloves and handle the items with care too.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
I compared the picture to the bag and it's not something they would have neglected to photograph, they photographed a perfect corner and the corner I have is torn.

*snip*

I suspect they recycled the picture from a previous purchase or return and didn't bother to note the condition it came back to them in.
IMO, a reputable seller of pre-owned items should NEVER recycle pictures, whether from a return or from a similar/same style item. Fashionphile should know better.

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Canada
Super disheartened today by my recent FP purchase :annoyed: They showed a Chanel in excellent condition and I spent a few days looking over the pictures very carefully before purchasing - it looked perfect. So, it arrives and there is a very obvious tear to the corner leather. I compared the picture to the bag and it's not something they would have neglected to photograph, they photographed a perfect corner and the corner I have is torn. They are closed today so I can't report it to them by phone, but it's upsetting. :sad: I suspect they recycled the picture from a previous purchase or return and didn't bother to note the condition it came back to them in. I've watched them slowly decline over the past year or so and this is just another issue ... it's a bummer. I don't really want to return it since it was a super limited bag but I'm stuck with an issue if I keep it.

View attachment 4960135 View attachment 4960138
I had bought a bag from them and it advertised came with box, so I bought it even it was a high price, received no box, called and they said the box was torn so they discarded it and I could return it if box is important to me. Yup, box is important to me! Otherwise why would I paid that high price compare to other bags in the similar condition for $100 or $200 less. I didn't return though because 1. I typically don't like to return unless it's absolutely necessary as I'm selling my items too so I know it's not easy to be a reseller; 2, I have been selling to them and they having been paying me decent prices; 3, It was the first time it happened maybe it was true of what they said, but next time I am going to call them and verifying accessories too - thought I didn't have to do that. Not happy about that purchase even I decided not to return.

Yoogi is tricky but they have been good with what they promised, one time I bought a bag advertised came with dust bag but pictures didn't show the dust bag so I called and they verified they made mistake in the listing it indeed didn't come with a dust bag but they pulled a dust bag from their stock and gave it to me for the purchase.

Last edited: