What are your experiences with Fashionphile?

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Canada
I made a purchase in August and wasn't charged sales tax. I added something to my bag now and I am being charged. Maybe there was a glitch in their system they just realized?
They just started doing that middle of last week

Last edited:

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
OMG I am terribly upset. Last night I ordered a bag and paid with my store credit, and used my debit card for the small remaining balance. Today I see that Fashionphile used my debit card for the entire amount and it has come out of my checking account. I emailed them first thing this morning- I hope they will straighten this out asap!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: giligy and caannie
Sep 26, 2020
I agree with the original poster. I just received a super lowball offer from them for a lousy $300 for an Authentic Chanel handbag that The Real Real had already valued at $1700, (which was still low IMHO.) I have no doubt that FP would have then sold my bag for well over $2K+. I will make it a point to never buy/sell from Fashionphile. Making a good deal for themselves is one thing, but they are just blatantly taking advantage of people. :annoyed:

• Wow
Reactions: Gabs007 and caannie

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
I noticed this on their listings today:

Taxes: Sales tax will be charged on all items shipped to AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, NE, ND, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and WV.

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
OMG I am terribly upset. Last night I ordered a bag and paid with my store credit, and used my debit card for the small remaining balance. Today I see that Fashionphile used my debit card for the entire amount and it has come out of my checking account. I emailed them first thing this morning- I hope they will straighten this out asap!!
Fashionphile replied that there is no way to change the payment status on my bag since it has shipped. It figures they would ship it the minute I paid for it. I have to send it back, get a refund. wait for it to be relisted, and then I can buy it again. What a pain!! And I know that I indicated to use my site credit when I checked out. This is terrible customer service.

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
I normally send LV to Fashionphile, but I had a Chanel I was thinking about selling. I originally bought it from Yoogisloset. They gave me a buy back offer of about $800 less than what I paid. On the other hand Fashionphile has only one of the same bag (in this color) in not as good condition for sale on their site for $2995, with a buyback of $2087. So I was hoping they would offer me around $2,000 for it. I waited over a week and finally got an offer of $1,400! That's just rampant greed. I know they would list it for $3000!

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for them to ship a purchase AND pay me for an item they received Friday. Someone is on vacation this week. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: giligy

caannie

Happily Retired
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Montgomery, AL
On Friday Fashionphile received a box from me with two small items in it. They were both Louis Vuitton. I received an email that both items were received and checked in. I was paid immediately for the lower priced item but today I am still waiting on payment for the other item. Fortunately it wasn't too expensive. I emailed and asked why I've been paid for one and not the other. I got back a canned response and a suggestion that I look at their help page. ☹

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: giligy

CocoGlitter

Sep 29, 2017
I noticed this on their listings today:

Taxes: Sales tax will be charged on all items shipped to AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, NE, ND, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and WV.
How are they allowed to charge sales tax on used items? I don’t that was double taxation? Am I missing something?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
How are they allowed to charge sales tax on used items? I don’t that was double taxation? Am I missing something?
What people don't understand is that it's not FP, not Yoogi's, not ebay, not Amazon and not any other sites that are "charging" sales tax.

It the states who impose taxes and those states are requiring the online venues to collect sales taxes. After collecting it, the proceeds are forwarded to the buyer's state department of revenue.

As for the taxability of preowned items, they are taxable and as such, that's why consignment stores, thrift stores and online venues have to collect taxes.

As a buyer, you need to complain to the elected officials in your state if you don't like paying sales tax.

Kathleen37

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
Ireland
Guys, is it possible to see the sold price on Fashionphile items? Just wanting to find out how much things are selling for?

Thank you!

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
The lack of a mannequin is really starting to get to me. I know they list the dimensions, but sometimes you just have to see the bag on someone (or some person-shaped thing) to understand how the bag will hang. Has anybody inquired as to why they ditched the mannequin?
I saw it mentioned in a Q&A they did on Instagram. They said the photos that included the mannequin were taken several months ago (so likely returns, reselling items back, items they had previously photographed and had records of, etc.) and that newer items do not have it. They acknowledged it was gone but did not state a specific reason why and did not say if/when it would come back. I definitely find it helpful as a size reference. Their photos in general have declined as of late - I saw a Kelly bag get listed with maybe 6 pictures compared to the 15-20 that usually go up. Maybe short-staffed?

Sep 23, 2020
I have sold with Fashionphile 4x and bought twice. Was happy with my purchases and the buyback amount I received. But if I had not sold with them would not have bought since their prices are over retail on certain LV and Chanel items and if you are patient you can snag the item online at a better price point or through the Chanel boutique. I notice the less popular items are at a good price point. But all of my experiences have been great with Fashionphile.

Reactions: 880

kemilia

the boonies of illinois
O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
the boonies of illinois
I have written in the past saying I've had great experiences with FP but this just burns me:

There was an item I was watching (waiting for a reduction since they no longer say when a discount will occur) and it was sold. Ok, that's the way it goes.

Then I get a notification that it was back in stock (returned, obviously because it had distinct wear on it that I had noticed). The price is now higher than when I was watching it! And then when it was discounted a month or so later they are now discounting by 5%, not the old 10% then 20% and then 30%.

5%? Really??