Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

RadhaDB

Feb 8, 2019
I’m hoping to get some feedback on a ranch bag I just purchased from Etsy - I paid a little more than I normally would because of the color and it was already rehabbed. It arrived today and there is a little tear on the leather buckle attachment. I’m not sure if it’s structural and if I should worry about it. In terms of disclosure, the seller said no rips or tears but included a picture of the side, though this was not obvious. How would you handle it? Live with it? Dispute it? I don’t expect vintage bags to be perfect and I can live with aesthetic problems, but not structural.

Picture from the sellers listing:

View attachment 4849658

This is one I took when it arrived:
View attachment 4849659

Sellers description:

View attachment 4849663
That leather loop is where the weight of the bag hangs on the brass hardware- I would think that without repair it will continue to tear.

Nataluccia3

Aug 9, 2020
I’m hoping to get some feedback on a ranch bag I just purchased from Etsy - I paid a little more than I normally would because of the color and it was already rehabbed. It arrived today and there is a little tear on the leather buckle attachment. I’m not sure if it’s structural and if I should worry about it. In terms of disclosure, the seller said no rips or tears but included a picture of the side, though this was not obvious. How would you handle it? Live with it? Dispute it? I don’t expect vintage bags to be perfect and I can live with aesthetic problems, but not structural.

View attachment 4849658

View attachment 4849659

Sellers description:

View attachment 4849663
Bummer. Is it beginning to tear on the other side as well? In your pic, it looks like the right side could be splitting.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010

View attachment 4849658

View attachment 4849659

Sellers description:

View attachment 4849663
I would open a return, not as described.

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Chicago
Mars probe 1999, ? United States still is in imperial?

We prefer to call them "Bloody Yank Revolutionary" measurements rather than Imperial. :lol:

ETA - Except for "stone" of course, we left that to the English as a consolation prize for getting their Imperial bums whipped by a bunch of rag-tag farmers.;)

But HEY ENGLAND, we still love you. Now get your butts out of Scotland! scotland2.gif

Last edited:

Paris Girl

Aug 30, 2019
I received my first bag charm today!!! @Nataluccia3 you were right, the hardware matches beautifully, Im so glad I bit the bullet & bought it! We are bag charm twins :drinks:. Now I know exactly how the addiction starts because Im already looking at getting another one lol
View attachment 4850121
Why did you have to go and do that?! Now I need one! Love it!

PandasMom

May 24, 2019
coach bag - 1.gif I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this is a bag that I had authenticated here. I gave it a good cleaning and added my own NYC skyline tag that I had made at the Coach House back pre-COVID. The tag brings back great memories. The bag is the perfect size for the essentials when taking my furry kids out for walkies. I'm really happy with how it turned out! :smile:

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
View attachment 4850321 I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this is a bag that I had authenticated here. I gave it a good cleaning and added my own NYC skyline tag that I had made at the Coach House back pre-COVID. The tag brings back great memories. The bag is the perfect size for the essentials when taking my furry kids out for walkies. I'm really happy with how it turned out! :smile:
I wish I had the NYC tag. I kept waiting for my daughter, who used to go to NYC often, to get me one, but she didn't take the hint. I have London, Hawaii (where I've never been!), and Las Vegas.

Nataluccia3

Aug 9, 2020
I received my first bag charm today!!! @Nataluccia3 you were right, the hardware matches beautifully, Im so glad I bit the bullet & bought it! We are bag charm twins :drinks:. Now I know exactly how the addiction starts because Im already looking at getting another one lol
View attachment 4850121
It is gorgeous!!! So glad my input was helpful in beginning another addiction!