Trench coat fit question

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
After attempting to buy a used trench coat (fail) I took a shot and ordered one on sale for $960! Brand new Kensington Short. Now I wanted one size smaller-US 6, but this was only size available so I decided to give it a try. It's US 8. I'm 5'8" Does it look a little big on me? What do you think? I wish it would be medium lenght but probably can't really complain for the price I paid... Please, ignore baby toys and feel free to leave your comment :flowers:

20210914_193036.

20210914_193139.

20210914_193119.

marlena-95

Apr 5, 2020
Hello MiaKing,
Congratulations on your new trenchcoat!
It is a bit loose on the back, but I think that's normal, a trench should have enough space to wear a jumper underneath it for colder days.
It looks like the shoulders fit well, so I would not size down. Only the sleeves need to be shortened a bit :smile:

Reactions: MiaKing and a_b_c

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
I think 6 would be too tight. I like trenches with a bit of air on them so you can wear them with a knit or a jacket, they are coats after all.
You could easily shorten de arms. I like turning the sleeves over or ruching them.

mocktail

Mar 26, 2020
The size looks good, but I think you should send this one back and get the length you really want even if you have to pay full price. Whenever I compromise by getting something close to what I want, but slightly off (usually getting the color that's on sale instead of the color I want) I always regret not just getting what I really wanted.

Feb 22, 2020
London
After attempting to buy a used trench coat (fail) I took a shot and ordered one on sale for $960! Brand new Kensington Short. Now I wanted one size smaller-US 6, but this was only size available so I decided to give it a try. It's US 8. I'm 5'8" Does it look a little big on me? What do you think? I wish it would be medium lenght but probably can't really complain for the price I paid... Please, ignore baby toys and feel free to leave your comment :flowers:

View attachment 5194279

View attachment 5194281

View attachment 5194282
My opinion is that the size is fine because you need room to wear it over a sweater or jacket BUT I do feel its too short on you (sorry!)
It may be worth exchanging it then saving the extra to get a longer one.
I think at 5'8" it would be advisable to save and get the Longer length I think it will prove more useful.
And work out cheaper in the long run with cost per wear.
As I said this is just my opinion

MiaKing

Sep 15, 2019
This is the thing that was in my mind the whole time. I really wanted medium lenght but thought maybe short will do it. I absolutely agree with you @mocktail it happened to me w few times that I bought something close and it wasn't close enough to make me stop thinking about that ideal piece. Thank you all for your answers! I really appreciate the different point of view! :flowers: I already dropped off this one for return in order to buy medium lenght. No compromising. Here is the only picture that I have of me wearing medium lenght. It's a different color and a little too small (us4) but I think in my size it will be good length.