Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Karenska

Oct 5, 2018
New York State
OT with Tapis Persan. I'm three weeks late here today with my first mousseline. After studying all of your lighter than air beauties and doing my research, I received some scarf mail earlier this week. I am so delighted with this scarf. It is a pleasure to wear on this cool summer morning. The colors are simply beautiful. True red, vibrant purple, soothing aqua, bits of bright yellow, and even gray to tie in with my plain linen top. Thank you all for sharing your pictures and your knowledge.

This is my first moussie, but it won't be my last.

View attachment 4806849 View attachment 4806851 View attachment 4806843 View attachment 4806845 View attachment 4806846
Stunning, Redbirdhermes. Congratulations on your first mousseline. It’s gorgeous.

Karenska

Oct 5, 2018
New York State
Cat-urday!
{mutti}
I’ll finish with my new Carré Kantha and it’s beautiful green Tigers.
{Mutti?}
I love love love this color!
View attachment 4806751
View attachment 4806752
{Mutti!}
What’s up Coco bean?
View attachment 4806750
{You no love me no more? You like the kitty cats better?}
Oh no, my sweet girl - you are my bestest girl, my beloved barky beast. ❤
{Me luve you too,Mutti}
View attachment 4806763
Oh, Cookiefiend, sooooo sorry, but Coco is an upstager. She is ADORABLE!! What scarf is she wearing? Congratulations on your Carré Kantha. It’s beautiful.
Cat-urday - :lol:.

Reactions: Cookiefiend

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2020
Oct 14, 2013
Mousse Madness
Cat-urday!
{mutti}
I’ll finish with my new Carré Kantha and it’s beautiful green Tigers.
{Mutti?}
I love love love this color!
View attachment 4806751
View attachment 4806752
{Mutti!}
What’s up Coco bean?
View attachment 4806750
{You no love me no more? You like the kitty cats better?}
Oh no, my sweet girl - you are my bestest girl, my beloved barky beast. ❤
{Me luve you too,Mutti}
View attachment 4806763
Congrats on the Kantha! And :lol: Coco bean! What a cutie!

I LOVE this colorway! I've keep looking at it on h.com.

Adore the purple JL!!
Thank you MAGJES!
OT with Tapis Persan. I'm three weeks late here today with my first mousseline. After studying all of your lighter than air beauties and doing my research, I received some scarf mail earlier this week. I am so delighted with this scarf. It is a pleasure to wear on this cool summer morning. The colors are simply beautiful. True red, vibrant purple, soothing aqua, bits of bright yellow, and even gray to tie in with my plain linen top. Thank you all for sharing your pictures and your knowledge.

View attachment 4806849 View attachment 4806851 View attachment 4806843 View attachment 4806845 View attachment 4806846
Gorgeous and congrats!!! :tup:

Both are beauties MAGJES! :love:

A few more cats to end this week
Les artisans

View attachment 4806878 View attachment 4806879
les toits de paris

View attachment 4806881
maison des carres
View attachment 4806884

and surprised no one has shown chasse en Inde. Here is my maxi-twilly

View attachment 4806885 View attachment 4806886
Les A haz catzzz! :loveeyes: :faint:

Scarf Mail :graucho:! And SOTD, but not on theme. Instead of “fauna” (specifically feline fauna), we have flora :girlsigh:.
View attachment 4806931 Index Palmarum!! From Madison Avenue. I am in love with this intensely elegant carré. It ties beautifully and is so very special. As is the lovely SA who sold it to me. I took someone’s advice from when I bought Baobab Cat in June and mentioned that H.com does not charge for shipping and I was not charged a $25 s&h fee.
Beautiful on you!

Purrrrfect!!!

bunnycat

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2020
Oct 14, 2013
Mousse Madness
Beautifully tied! I *need* to remember to use my Mors ring! This is the mini right?

That is a gorgeous neutral! ❤

Fabulous all the way ‘round!

That’s a gorgeous blue! ❤
Thank you Cookie!!!

I must include this scarf before the week is out. It was a grail but the price was soaring and the auction ended in the middle of my night. So I threw in a bid before bed, and woke to a new-to-me scarf because the bids tapered off after I snoozed. Wearing Les Chats with a kitty teeshirt, and adding Neighbour's cat who scaled our fence and got stuck on top. Where is Superman when I need him? :lol:
View attachment 4806981
:loveeyes: Scarf matches cat!!!! :loveeyes:

ALL the scarves are beautiful!! :love: We don't mind the lopsided lippy. We're proud of you for putting on the mask. :tup::tup:

Thank you HNN!

Jbizzybeetle

Oct 14, 2018
Thank you :hugs:

When you wear a shawl at a restaurant do you keep it on eating or take it off and where would you put it to be safe? 55” by 55” is big.

Are they difficult tucking in a winter parka with a zipper?

How do you feel about wearing it like a fleece blanket watching TV but your small dog may join you for a snuggle?

When you bought your first shawl do you continue to use it or used it some at first, then placed it in its box to treasure and don't use it that much, you feel you don’t want to get it damaged?

Any shawl lover :heart: feel free to answer too:flowers:
restaurant: depends—mine vary in color from dark to light, and in condition from perfect to “been stained or thread-pulled”; so might be more concerned about the light/white dominated ones and more concerned if eating spaghetti than steak.
Zippers and velcro eat scarves, in my experience. you can easily fold csgm into a ziploc and tuck the ziploc into the parka pocket. they fold surprisingly tiny.
good with the dog, would flinch with hot chocolate.
rotate about 10, use/wear all the time in winter. that said, I don’t garden in scarves; some here braver than I. if worked, would take any season if AC cold.

Jbizzybeetle

Oct 14, 2018
I don’t think I will use it relaxing inside my home, but dining in a restaurant would work.

I always keep two clear bags at the bottom of my purse, if it rains so I could fold and put her in there at a restaurant. To keep her safe from splashes :giggle:

How about shopping at a mall, have you experienced that with a shawl on?

Thank you:love:
a lot has to do with how you wear—folded into a triangle over shoulders with point down back might encounter more snatches by passing doorways, displays, etc., but I’ve never encountered problems. You may note pilling or fuzziness after you wear a while, rubbing on coats, against car seat backs. think of them like people—all subject to flaws we never see cuz we LOVE them.

Last edited:

Jbizzybeetle

Oct 14, 2018
I missed soooo much in a few days & had lots of wonderful feline catching up to do!! :girlsigh:

My SOTD is an off-topic Courbettes & Cabriolets (equines instead of felines). I’ve been experimenting with scarf head gear thanks to our fab’ @tlamdang08. Today -by necessity- I stumbled upon an easy way to convert a breezy H scarf-into-mask:

I started with a simple Bias fold into wide headband using a Bova knot just below ear (hidden by wild curls here) ...
View attachment 4805947
Before popping into store, I just brought folded tail across face (don’t worry I’m wearing non-smudge lip stick!) and tied another quick Bova knot- voila!
View attachment 4805958
I might look ready to join a desert caravan, but it got the job done & was quite comfortable (no elastic behind ears).
clever lady!

Cordeliere

Dec 13, 2015

So you are the lucky new owner of that TP that so many were eyeing.. Congrats.