Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

Kiara96

Jul 15, 2017
Hi lovely people,
I’ve been eyeing the velvet toy loulou in burgundy. I missed out last year and have been waiting for it to be released again but so far nothing :sad: has it been discontinued? I’ve never owned a velvet bag before, any tips from those who have one?
Thanks! :smile:

Emma0110

Aug 28, 2020
Hi everyone, yesterday I noticed some corner scuffing on my Loulou. It's only a year old and I haven't worn it much plus I was super careful with it. I've read here and there on the forum that people have had this issue as well. Is there anything one could/should do about it or do I just have to live with it? Thanks!

volieren

Oct 1, 2020
Hi all! I’m debating between the Toy LouLou and Small LouLou. I don’t carry much at all day-to-day (compact wallet, LV key holder, chapstick, small hand lotion, hand sanitizer), but am looking for a nice small bag that I can use to run errands & and buy groceries.

Long term, I’d love to get both sizes, but then that brings up color. I think I have my heart set on getting the small in black & gold, and the toy in a lighter color - either one of the beiges or blanc vintage. Orrrr...should I get the small in beige and toy in black? so hard to decide!

For context, my style is quite minimalist and I usually gravitate towards neutrals and darker colors. However, I LOVE the look of the lighter LouLou shades. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Hi all! I’m debating between the Toy LouLou and Small LouLou. I don’t carry much at all day-to-day (compact wallet, LV key holder, chapstick, small hand lotion, hand sanitizer), but am looking for a nice small bag that I can use to run errands & and buy groceries.

Long term, I’d love to get both sizes, but then that brings up color. I think I have my heart set on getting the small in black & gold, and the toy in a lighter color - either one of the beiges or blanc vintage. Orrrr...should I get the small in beige and toy in black? so hard to decide!

For context, my style is quite minimalist and I usually gravitate towards neutrals and darker colors. However, I LOVE the look of the lighter LouLou shades. What do you all think?
I've been thinking about the same thing! I have been wanting the toy loulou after seeing others carry it, but the small seems like a better option for everyday use. One of my all time favorite color combinations is the monochrome black leather with black hardware. I love how it's very discreet and sophisticated. I'm also considering the toy in beige. Besides maybe being too small, I also dislike the leather strap. It looks really flimsy and too long for my body...

I think the small would be a better choice first. It's probably what I'll be getting.

20201018_142419.gif

20201018_142441.gif

thundercloud

puppy treat machine
O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
SoCal

I've been thinking about the same thing! I have been wanting the toy loulou after seeing others carry it, but the small seems like a better option for everyday use. One of my all time favorite color combinations is the monochrome black leather with black hardware. I love how it's very discreet and sophisticated. I'm also considering the toy in beige. Besides maybe being too small, I also dislike the leather strap. It looks really flimsy and too long for my body...

I think the small would be a better choice first. It's probably what I'll be getting.

View attachment 4881641

View attachment 4881642
I have the black on black toy loulou. It's adorable, seems well made, is lightweight & can fit the basics, BUT my big cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+) will NOT fit easily with any case on it. That was a big disappointment since I always have my phone with me. It fits without the case, but I'm always afraid of dropping my phone since I'm so used to having a case on it. Other than that, it's an easy small bag to use on a daily basis, assuming you don't carry a lot with you. There are also a couple cardslots built into the bag, as well as a handy slim middle open pocket.

In terms of the strap, I actually like the leather strap since it's comfortable and light. I did buy dark gunmetal and black all metal chain straps from another brand (Coach) though for when I want to change it up. Someone (here on tpf or YT) recommended the Coach Dinky chain strap, which is what I purchased. They're nice, substantial feeling chain straps & fairly inexpensive. You could always look for other crossbody strap options if you don't like the all leather one. I almost always wear my bags crossbody since we usually have our dog with us. The leather strap it comes with is a good length for me to wear crossbody (I'm 5-6).

Hope that helps! I don't think you can go wrong with either size bag. It just depends on how much stuff you carry with you. Happy shopping!

Reactions: coniglietta

jaxxtee

Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys! Just received my long awaited Toy Loulou... could someone tell me if these deep creases in the bag are normal?? I don't have the heart to send it back yet because I've been waiting so long! Thanks :smile:
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 9.52.44 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 9.53.41 PM.jpeg

I have the black on black toy loulou. It's adorable, seems well made, is lightweight & can fit the basics, BUT my big cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+) will NOT fit easily with any case on it. That was a big disappointment since I always have my phone with me. It fits without the case, but I'm always afraid of dropping my phone since I'm so used to having a case on it. Other than that, it's an easy small bag to use on a daily basis, assuming you don't carry a lot with you. There are also a couple cardslots built into the bag, as well as a handy slim middle open pocket.

In terms of the strap, I actually like the leather strap since it's comfortable and light. I did buy dark gunmetal and black all metal chain straps from another brand (Coach) though for when I want to change it up. Someone (here on tpf or YT) recommended the Coach Dinky chain strap, which is what I purchased. They're nice, substantial feeling chain straps & fairly inexpensive. You could always look for other crossbody strap options if you don't like the all leather one. I almost always wear my bags crossbody since we usually have our dog with us. The leather strap it comes with is a good length for me to wear crossbody (I'm 5-6).

Hope that helps! I don't think you can go wrong with either size bag. It just depends on how much stuff you carry with you. Happy shopping!
Thank you for that information! I have a Samsung Galaxy Jean2 which is 15 cm x 5cm (~6in x 3 in) so I think it would be able to fit into a toy loulou. I do like the idea of getting an interchangeable strap. It's such a cute bag so it's really hard to decide.

Reactions: thundercloud