Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

May 29, 2020
That’s interesting. Mine was in bad shape. I had not used it for several months and when I got the call about the recall I went to take it out of the dust bag and saw that the glazing was all over the dust bag. When I brought it in to the store my SA didn’t hesitate to tell me to pick out a new bag.
Yes! Its mine bag and it was change F444AB8D-6577-45CA-834C-5E96F7E3D1A4.jpeg 9FBC8D4B-B300-4682-B0FA-659821388D39.jpeg 1D8E0D8A-47EA-42D8-BF5A-5D9D5D449F12.jpeg

May 29, 2020
That’s interesting. Mine was in bad shape. I had not used it for several months and when I got the call about the recall I went to take it out of the dust bag and saw that the glazing was all over the dust bag. When I brought it in to the store my SA didn’t hesitate to tell me to pick out a new bag.
And it s bag of my friend and she has to pay for about 500 usd
She doesn't understand of this
AC458353-1BCD-4017-9375-ADC68FBDE9F3.jpeg AC458353-1BCD-4017-9375-ADC68FBDE9F3.jpeg 4F5C946A-5967-4D34-A626-630B37CE509A.jpeg 54FA6352-EBF6-4ABB-AF06-3DA672BAA0D2.jpeg

Jun 11, 2009
And it s bag of my friend and she has to pay for about 500 usd
She doesn't understand of this
View attachment 4799406 View attachment 4799406 View attachment 4799407 View attachment 4799408
I agree that it seems odd that you got a new bag and she had to pay. Not sure the reasoning behind that. I was under the impression that if LV deems a bag defective and issues a recall that you have option to try and have them fix it (no cost to customer) or they will take it back and allow you to get another bag. I’m definitely not an expert and don’t know for sure. But I do know that some of people’s experiences have varied based on the relationships you have with your SA or the store manager.

May 29, 2020
I agree that it seems odd that you got a new bag and she had to pay. Not sure the reasoning behind that. I was under the impression that if LV deems a bag defective and issues a recall that you have option to try and have them fix it (no cost to customer) or they will take it back and allow you to get another bag. I’m definitely not an expert and don’t know for sure. But I do know that some of people’s experiences have varied based on the relationships you have with your SA or the store manager.
Yes may be, i advice her to bring into another store and show again
May be they will fix it free

satine112

O.G.
Apr 26, 2006
Bora Bora
I had returned more than 10 bags that melted , and I have a few more that I’m still holding until I see newer designs that I like . You are not alone , don’t be sad
Why is everyone talking about this like this is normal? This is absolutely insane, for any price point of bag!! My jaw+floor reading this thread, I can’t believe they charge so much these days for these bags, and this is happening. Like - a melting bag????? Wtf

23adeline

O.G.
Jan 29, 2010
Why is everyone talking about this like this is normal? This is absolutely insane, for any price point of bag!! My jaw+floor reading this thread, I can’t believe they charge so much these days for these bags, and this is happening. Like - a melting bag????? Wtf
According to my CA, it’s due to a batch of leather glazing that LV used, that material melted in humid and hot weather places, my speedy emphreinte was probably the first one that melted and sent back in my country .
After LV realised that problem, they had changed the material . Nowadays leather glazing that they are using is harder .

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
Has anyone had any issues with the glazing on their Mahina L Bag or damier ebene Rivoli melting? They are both from the impacted time frame, though I didn’t see any mention of those specific bags here. I’m being told they weren’t impacted but the glazing feels super tacky to me. Though I don’t see any actual melting yet, it’s just stickier than the glazing on my other bags and my finger nail can imprint fairly deep on it. I don’t use my bags super often and had several that were on the recall list that hadn’t melted yet since they’d only been used once or twice. Once I started handling them though, they started to get tacky, like my Mahina and Rivoli currently are. If anyone has had any experience with these bags, especially using them in super humid environments, and either having or not having issues, I’d love to hear about it so I know if I have to look out for future issues with mine. Thanks!

Reactions: kookai-lola

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
Anyone have either of these bags that can comment on the glazing, and whether their glazing has started to melt??

Annabel Lee

Dec 27, 2013
Has anyone had any issues with the glazing on their Mahina L Bag or damier ebene Rivoli melting? They are both from the impacted time frame, though I didn’t see any mention of those specific bags here. I’m being told they weren’t impacted but the glazing feels super tacky to me. Though I don’t see any actual melting yet, it’s just stickier than the glazing on my other bags and my finger nail can imprint fairly deep on it. I don’t use my bags super often and had several that were on the recall list that hadn’t melted yet since they’d only been used once or twice. Once I started handling them though, they started to get tacky, like my Mahina and Rivoli currently are. If anyone has had any experience with these bags, especially using them in super humid environments, and either having or not having issues, I’d love to hear about it so I know if I have to look out for future issues with mine. Thanks!
I don't have either of those bags, but definitely keep an eye on the glazing. I had a bag that was on the recall list, and at the time, my glazing was a little soft but not too concerning. Fast forward several months, and it had gotten substantially worse, even though I store it in AC and haven't been carrying it during the pandemic.

I don't think stores are taking repairs right now, but if you want to send your bags in, online CS can tell you more.

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
I don't have either of those bags, but definitely keep an eye on the glazing. I had a bag that was on the recall list, and at the time, my glazing was a little soft but not too concerning. Fast forward several months, and it had gotten substantially worse, even though I store it in AC and haven't been carrying it during the pandemic.

I don't think stores are taking repairs right now, but if you want to send your bags in, online CS can tell you more.
Thank you!

Jan 18, 2008
Anyone have either of these bags that can comment on the glazing, and whether their glazing has started to melt??
I checked my Mahina L tonight and the handles seem quite tacky. I have sent a note off to LV in inquire about this. I had the Ikat neverful (which I loved) but had to give up because the glazing melted all over my sweater. I’ll be sure to share when I learn more...

ray72277

Jan 10, 2014
I checked my Mahina L tonight and the handles seem quite tacky. I have sent a note off to LV in inquire about this. I had the Ikat neverful (which I loved) but had to give up because the glazing melted all over my sweater. I’ll be sure to share when I learn more...
Thank you!