Rebag instant quotes help

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
I'm new to Rebag and noticed they provide instant quotes for certain items without even seeing photos. For instance, I got an instant quote for an hermes bracelet just by putting in the style of bracelet and condition. My question is will the price change if the color I'm selling is more/less popular? Like if they are quoting me $150 but when they see that it's actually a hot color, would they offer me more? And vice versa - if it's a bad color would they then offer less? Tia!!

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
The insta quote won't stand unless you submit pics and get an actual quote. The insta quote feature is more for you to get an idea of the value of an item and whether it's a good investment/purchase from their site. In my experience they have NEVER honored a quote or a buyback amount, they shift the price downwards all the time, never up. I used the instant quote feature and was super happy but didn't get anywhere near what it said.

Reactions: caannie

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
How awful! Thanks so much for the warning!!

The insta quote won't stand unless you submit pics and get an actual quote. The insta quote feature is more for you to get an idea of the value of an item and whether it's a good investment/purchase from their site. In my experience they have NEVER honored a quote or a buyback amount, they shift the price downwards all the time, never up. I used the instant quote feature and was super happy but didn't get anywhere near what it said.

youngster

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
Every quote I've gotten from Rebag has been honored by them and paid, even the 2 instant quotes I received. I was pleasantly surprised. I've not sold much to them but a few things where their offers were more than anyone else. A couple times, they came back a month later and increased their offer by 5% or 10% for offers I had earlier declined.

onlyk

Feb 25, 2015
Garden City
How awful! Thanks so much for the warning!!
They would lower the quotes even if you had summited detailed pictures for them to review and get the quotes, be warned, they did that several times to my items and lowered quotes by huge amount after they received items.

I had never had that done to my items from any other consignements I have been dealing with, and I summited the same pictures with the same detailed and accurate descriptions to all consignments I summited to.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccbaggirl89

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
Silicon Valley
I've sent 10+ items to Rebag this past 2 months and only 1 time they actually lower the quote after they received the item and I actually expected them to. It was an instant quote for one of the LV kirigami pieces and they quoted really high(500+ for only one pouch, not even mentioning which size of the pouch). I asked them to send me back that item. But everything else are paid according to the quote given(instant and submitted).

Reactions: youngster