Promote + Help Small Businesses You Love

youngster

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
For those of you that have American Express cards, American Express is offering up to $50 in statement credits for shopping at your local participating small businesses. They traditionally have done this promotion/deal as "Small Business Saturday", on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but have moved it up and it will run the entire summer basically. When I look at the map of my local participating small businesses, it includes a lot of small restaurants, a dry cleaner, etc. Just add the offer to your Amex card when you log in to their site.

From June 29, through Sept. 20, Amex cardmembers will be eligible to receive up to a total of $50 in statement credits.
Cardmembers will be eligible for $5 statement credits whenever they spend $10 or more at small businesses
Customers will earn statement credits up to 10 times, for a grand total of $50 per cardmember
The incentive will be available as an Amex Offer, which cardmembers must activate by July 26
All U.S. Amex consumer, business Serve and Bluebird cards are eligible
Other prepaid cards, corporate cards and cards issued outside the U.S. are not eligible

Reactions: i*bella

i*bella

O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
For those of you that have American Express cards, American Express is offering up to $50 in statement credits for shopping at your local participating small businesses. They traditionally have done this promotion/deal as "Small Business Saturday", on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but have moved it up and it will run the entire summer basically. When I look at the map of my local participating small businesses, it includes a lot of small restaurants, a dry cleaner, etc. Just add the offer to your Amex card when you log in to their site.

From June 29, through Sept. 20, Amex cardmembers will be eligible to receive up to a total of $50 in statement credits.
Cardmembers will be eligible for $5 statement credits whenever they spend $10 or more at small businesses
Customers will earn statement credits up to 10 times, for a grand total of $50 per cardmember
The incentive will be available as an Amex Offer, which cardmembers must activate by July 26
Other prepaid cards, corporate cards and cards issued outside the U.S. are not eligible
I enrolled yesterday! As for supporting small businesses, I've been buying cloth reusable masks on etsy, buying gardening supplies at the independent nursery down the street, and ordering takeout at mom and pop restaurants in my area, although it seems there's been an outbreak of the virus amongst restaurant staff so several of them are closed for deep cleaning and test results to come in.

Reactions: youngster
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for posting this.. I'm always delighted when Amex does this & its important to help out where we can

Apr 15, 2007
I enrolled yesterday! As for supporting small businesses, I've been buying cloth reusable masks on etsy, buying gardening supplies at the independent nursery down the street, and ordering takeout at mom and pop restaurants in my area, although it seems there's been an outbreak of the virus amongst restaurant staff so several of them are closed for deep cleaning and test results to come in.
Many of us are doing what you do & it all adds up.. so thanks for sharing & we all should continue
our support as it will make a huge difference in whether some of these small businesses including mom
& pop shops that will hopefully survive.
This closing around July 4th is going to be challenging for businesses now

youngster

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
Thanks for posting this.. I'm always delighted when Amex does this & its important to help out where we can
I agree. DH and I have moved up some work that we were thinking about doing next summer on our own house: exterior painting of trim, some new outdoor lighting, and some landscape projects that we don't want to do ourselves. We also had a new furnace installed at a rental property that we own and are re-roofing it later this summer. We'll have the windows washed and will do some tree pruning/trimming and add some new landscaping at this place as well in the fall. Our lovely tenants are really happy about this too so its win-win! All the small businesses that we are employing are very happy to have the work and be working outside so there is little to no risk to anyone.