Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Headline from Elle magazine. In the article a “source” says that Harry and Meghan sent Kate several birthday gifts and a card. I say bulls**t. They want credit for being so generous. I’m guessing IF they sent anything it was one of those gimmicky machines they gave Oprah.

View attachment 4956675
I agree. It is just another pronouncement from the Sussex camp that they know the Cambridges will not respond to. This is the Sussex standard operating procedure. They used this many times before like when they said they couldn't make it for Christmas or to Balmoral. The Queen wasn't going to respond by saying "you weren't invited" so they get away with this nonsense.

Regarding her planning to leave before the wedding. I don't believe that completely. Putting out information like this actually makes Meghan look extremely foolish. You don't proclaim that this is the family you never had, wrap your arms around that title, and say you are going to become a British citizen if you were gone before you even got there. Of course she wanted to return to California, but all that happened much more quickly than originally planned. The juggernaut to return was hastened by the response to her South Africa moaning, criticism as to how Archie's birth and the announcement of it were handled, and her lack of making a meaningful attempt to learn the royal ways and fit in. It was essentially a cut and run as in the fight or flight response. She fled and dragged him with her. The fact that their departure was not completely thought through is pretty telling. Harry is just waking up to that now with the realization that he will never get back his patronages and military associations. He will never be trusted again and even if he were to recant and return, he would find himself in the back benches and not up there with the senior family members.

bellecate

Sep 13, 2012
Sidney, British Columbia
Oh BOO-F'ING-HOO, seriously???? Try doing that when you have only 1 means of income since one of the parties lost their job due to Covid, bills just keep on rolling in (and you need to keep the heat on and electricity), you don't have any folks to help out with the chores (and even though having hip replacement surgery - guess who still does a fair amount of the work????) .. I could go on, but this one just FROSTED MY COOKIES!!!!!

View attachment 4956645
Nice cookies.

CarryOn2020

Mar 28, 2020
I agree. It is just another pronouncement from the Sussex camp that they know the Cambridges will not respond to. This is the Sussex standard operating procedure. They used this many times before like when they said they couldn't make it for Christmas or to Balmoral. The Queen wasn't going to respond by saying "you weren't invited" so they get away with this nonsense.

Regarding her planning to leave before the wedding. I don't believe that completely. Putting out information like this actually makes Meghan look extremely foolish. You don't proclaim that this is the family you never had, wrap your arms around that title, and say you are going to become a British citizen if you were gone before you even got there. Of course she wanted to return to California, but all that happened much more quickly than originally planned. The juggernaut to return was hastened by the response to her South Africa moaning, criticism as to how Archie's birth and the announcement of it were handled, and her lack of making a meaningful attempt to learn the royal ways and fit in. It was essentially a cut and run as in the fight or flight response. She fled and dragged him with her. The fact that their departure was not completely thought through is pretty telling. Harry is just waking up to that now with the realization that he will never get back his patronages and military associations. He will never be trusted again and even if he were to recant and return, he would find himself in the back benches and not up there with the senior family members.
All I know is what the articles have said. Here’s my best guess:
-He wanted out of the BRF after his army service ended. He never liked being second to Will, etc. Supposedly, he wanted to live in Africa.
-Once it sunk in that she would never be Q, would always walk behind W&K, wouldn't be embraced fully by the palace staff, understood how difficult those tours really are, understood how many rules there are, she agreed with H that they should leave. Although an actress, prior to H, she controlled the public’s access to her. She most likely worked a few months at a time, then vacationed. Lots of down time. That is a very different lifestyle than working day in-day out, constantly in the public eye. When she said she did not understand what royal life would be like, she most likely meant she missed her extensive down-time. Probably didn’t realize how much scheduling was needed just to go shopping.

He strikes me as someone who is very picky, uptight and easily offended, probably a constant critic. Very much opposite to the California-healthy, fun in the sun, laid-back life. Wonder if she thinks it was all worth it. Wallis, Diana, Sarah, etc. did not.

Annawakes

Apr 25, 2016
I’ll say something nice for a change. Re: the poll where 88% said they didn’t want them coming back to UK for the Q’s bday. I feel sorry for H on this. I feel it’s like, an adult child wants to strike out on his own.....so he moves far away....but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t still love his grandmother and want to see her again for a special birthday.

then again. Perhaps I don’t feel sorry for him. The way they orchestrated their departure was just disgusting. Petulantly childlike, definitely. He should have seen this coming, the way he allowed things to transpire the way they did. I guess he didn’t think far enough ahead to realize the actions he took would come to this - people getting angry about him seeing his grandmother on her special day.

oh but but I just forgot. They don’t read anything about themselves. So if they want to go back to the UK, nothing should stop them - even 88% “no” votes.

it’s really interesting how they’ve boxed themselves into a corner. If they go, people are mad. If they don’t go, people are mad (because it just confirms their callousness and self absorption). I’m sure their PR machine will spin some story about covid. And how they’re “devastated” they can’t go. Yes, that’s it.

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers

Been thinking about the lack of JCMH social media presence ...

One thing that is good about SM is that you know whether or not the blurb came from the celebrity directly, the source is known (SM now has blue flags for the authentic account )

But, the JCMH current approach is (possibly) to dictate an article to People, Cosmo, Town and Country etc.. But the blurb is published without saying THIS CAME directly from JCMH, it is always A SOURCE SAYS but in the end, I am never sure about the provenance of the info

I dont know whether to believe the recent stuff about Kate's bday, reconciliations, trips or not - to me, it is just noise, and mix this in with the OLD NEWS - that is recirculated later purporting to be NEW NEWS ...

The BRF/QEII rarely tweets/ talks to the press but you always know when they do the source is cited - no ambiguity as to whether the info is authentic

Last edited:

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I’ll say something nice for a change. Re: the poll where 88% said they didn’t want them coming back to UK for the Q’s bday. I feel sorry for H on this. I feel it’s like, an adult child wants to strike out on his own.....so he moves far away....but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t still love his grandmother and want to see her again for a special birthday.

then again. Perhaps I don’t feel sorry for him. The way they orchestrated their departure was just disgusting. Petulantly childlike, definitely. He should have seen this coming, the way he allowed things to transpire the way they did. I guess he didn’t think far enough ahead to realize the actions he took would come to this - people getting angry about him seeing his grandmother on her special day.

oh but but I just forgot. They don’t read anything about themselves. So if they want to go back to the UK, nothing should stop them - even 88% “no” votes.

it’s really interesting how they’ve boxed themselves into a corner. If they go, people are mad. If they don’t go, people are mad (because it just confirms their callousness and self absorption). I’m sure their PR machine will spin some story about covid. And how they’re “devastated” they can’t go. Yes, that’s it.
Yeah, don't bother feeling sorry for him. The BRF is as much a job as it is a family. An analogy would be he quit his place of employment but he still wants to come back a year later because he knows his old company's party is spectacular and they might be giving out bonuses.

Harry could quietly go visit his grandmother or any of the others if he really wanted to do it enough. He doesn't need to wait for the pomp and ceremony of the Queen's celebration.