Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

CarryOn2020

Mar 28, 2020
Yes, I have learned so much from the knowledgeable, wise TPF’ers :heart:
Their place is:
PRICE: $14.7 million
SIZE: 18,691 square feet, 9 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms

Lots of space, especially for 3/4 people! Ya kno, the more I think about it, the more it does make sense to rent out the unused spaces. Harry is used to it, so why not? Other than the reasons we’ve listed. Now I am wondering if I know people who do this and just don’t talk about it. Hmmmm.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I hope the stripper pole is still there... it was the only thing interesting about the house. Everything else was pretentious BS....
I think my issue with it was it didn't know what it wanted to be

I'm not minimalist at all really, nor do I like living rooms that look like aircraft hangers, but it just looked like a cluttered mess, even in that large space. To my mind, there needs to be some semblance of overall plan or taste

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Going back to M+H, I must have missed it in the listing but Page Six shared an aerial photo from Giggster and I was surprised. I didn’t think the property was that big!

View attachment 4881671

Of course this is probably quaint compared to what Harry is used to...

If it has parking for 50 cars and 16-19 bathrooms it must be fairly sizeable.

Or do you mean you thought it would be bigger?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
That’s how we know she’s lying and she does read what is being said about her on social media. I’m sure this thread isn’t the only place on the web that has discussed at length how her eyes lock on to any nearby camera lens with the same intensity as a border collie’s eyes lock on to a sheep. :lol:

She is adjusting her technique accordingly.
Thanks, literally, just spilled my tea down my tee

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
I think my issue with it was it didn't know what it wanted to be

I'm not minimalist at all really, nor do I like living rooms that look like aircraft hangers, but it just looked like a cluttered mess, even in that large space. To my mind, there needs to be some semblance of overall plan or taste
Typical
It is decorated in typical US traditional style which is a hodge podge style - a bit of Italian , Spanish , and mid century modern
American traditional is terribly eclectic by European standards
The US version of Queen Anne is quite a pop art style collage worthy of Marcel Duchamp

Last edited:

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
While doing non JCMH stuff, and researching English decorating trends, found a distracting anecdote about English acid wit- that can be agonizingly painful

I was researching some of the insouciant work of Nicky Haslam - a VERY famous English decorator / Renaissance man - worked for Prince Charles.

NH is an acerbic wit - think Oscar Wilde and all the mess he go into with his wit - and produced a list of things he finds common. quite a chuckle - just to explain what common means to him

I found comment about Meghan's family that might be amusing - NH found Meghan's family common - this was from the time of the wedding and Thomas Markle kerfuffle

I do think the NH comment was a bit rude/too acid, surely the type of stuff that drove MM to say people hated her. I do think this one was a bit too much, the comment would have ruffled my feathers - English wit can be painful, just to take MM's side for 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharont2305

doni

O.G.
Oct 10, 2007
I don‘t get the concept of private people having official pictures? What does that even mean?
While doing non JCMH stuff, and researching English decorating trends, found a distracting anecdote about English acid wit- that can be agonizingly painful

I was researching some of the insouciant work of Nicky Haslam - a VERY famous English decorator / Renaissance man - worked for Prince Charles.

NH is an acerbic wit - think Oscar Wilde and all the mess he go into with his wit - and produced a list of things he finds common. quite a chuckle - just to explain what common means to him

I found comment about Meghan's family that might be amusing - NH found Meghan's family common - this was from the time of the wedding and Thomas Markle kerfuffle

I do think the NH comment was a bit rude/too acid, surely the type of stuff that drove MM to say people hated her. I do think this one was a bit too much, the comment would have ruffled my feathers - English wit can be painful, just to take MM's side for 5 minutes.
I think it does kind of reveal that indeed, the main problem many would have had with Meghan was her being “common”, i.e., middle class, American, an actress, etc., rather than her race. Note that when he is going on about common he is actually talking about the white part of her family...
If she had been an African princess, no one would have deemed her common.
But yes, nasty and vicious nevertheless.

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
More from my non JCMH interests, I thought ... MEGXIT spawns a number 1 Blues hit !

I have a secret life as a rock chick who swoons over Joe Bonamassa - blues virtuoso - HUGE sales though you may have never heard of him unless you follow Blues, not R&B, not rap, not jazz etc

Brand new album, recorded at Abbey Road no less, written in London at the time of MEGXIT. Just read the reviews and lyrics for the title track of the ROYAL TEA album. In the interview, he says the title track reflects the chaos of Megxit - that was going down while writing

(Royal tea)
Wake up in your garden
(Royal tea)
Champagne from the fountain
Hiding out in your palace
Diamonds dipping from your chalice
The honey's sweet but the bees will sting
At the door of your reckoning

Reactions: doni and Aminamina

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
I don‘t get the concept of private people having official pictures? What does that even mean?

I think it does kind of reveal that indeed, the main problem many would have had with Meghan was her being “common”, i.e., middle class, American, an actress, etc., rather than her race. Note that when he is going on about common he is actually talking about the white part of her family...
If she had been an African princess, no one would have deemed her common.
But yes, nasty and vicious nevertheless.
Agree, middle class is a burden in the upper English class and aristocracy
There are stories that Camilla - a commoner herself - vetoed Kate originally, as being too middle class

Also agree that may be the issue was not race, but class, and the acid English wit

PS NH is a great buddy of Pss Michael of broochgate fame ... lol