Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
Omid may have hitched his horse to the wrong wagon

It seems like JCMH is erasing all ties with the BRF & UK, OK, his/her prerogative. To compare, Diana, had some five years from her separation to her death and was never far out of BRF circles or the UK, so, there was a UK story after her separation.

But, Omid was a minor BRF reporter, he got a book deal but now what ? The new life of JCMH is alien to his expertise - where is his future?

And what of his MIA co-author? LOL

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers
Look at this...

Hello Mag did a recent article on Edward’s ginormous house, this would have never happened years back ... the type of BRF stuff that has always been absent from the press...

There is a 2020 trend about disclosing the BRF lifestyle

OK I get it, the JCMH house was publicly listed with realtors, so, we know the number of baths
Omid blabbed about Will’s apartment at Kensington

Oct 7, 2019
The BRF never gives away money, in part since a social rule is never give cash since it allows people to put a number of how much you care.
William has occasionally given money to causes, e.g. to Captain Tom Moore's campaign.

But yeah, why would people known to be stingy with their own money suddenly shell out such a big sum? I am still not convinced they can afford it, and it's certainly not coming from the goodness of their hearts.

lalame

Apr 30, 2011
Bay Area, SF
William has occasionally given money to causes, e.g. to Captain Tom Moore's campaign.

But yeah, why would people known to be stingy with their own money suddenly shell out such a big sum? I am still not convinced they can afford it, and it's certainly not coming from the goodness of their hearts.
Afford is an abstract term for people who have unlimited safety net.... these guys can spend their very last dollar because they know they'll get a bail out from Charles or Granny.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I don’t think it is their money. This isn’t in character with their prior actions. People pledge money all the time and then don’t follow through. The charity is too embarrassed to go after the people because it is bad PR all around.

marietouchet

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
au delà des cinq mers

You are correct , I cannot remember about the TM contribution, did they announce an amount ?
BUT TM is a NATIONAL hero - the Queen just knighted him, one of her few personal appearances during COVID