Polène handbags

catmiaow

Jan 1, 2011
Thanks for that! Really looked like it split. Will check the bag throughly again in the morning with fresh eyes to make sure nothing is wrong.

Is it normal not to get paperwork in the box ? I’ve got nothing

Reactions: needmoneyforbirkins

gudebooty

Nov 23, 2021
Anyone have examples of the Umi in cognac, camel, or beige? I'm set on getting this bag but can't decide! Wish the color in product photos were a bit more accurate.

Rovercat

Sep 22, 2021
Anyone have examples of the Umi in cognac, camel, or beige? I'm set on getting this bag but can't decide! Wish the color in product photos were a bit more accurate.
i have the cognac one. As I find with all Polene bags, the colour seems to change subtly, depending on the background. I was going to say the cognac Umi looks less dark and less red IRL than on the photos on the website, but now I‘m looking at them both on my desk (the bag not in direct sunlight) the colours actually look identical. You can see how the colour changes on my photos too (the other three bags are the Un in khaki, burgundy and terracotta, and they all look brighter on the picture than they really are). 7C03F740-F6BE-474B-9DBA-82B5E2D00B30.jpeg 1FA050CD-87FC-454B-8F80-194D13C4416E.jpeg B5A246C5-2664-462A-A051-D413CCE0A200.jpeg

Last edited:

gudebooty

Nov 23, 2021
i have the cognac one. As I find with all Polene bags, the colour seems to change subtly, depending on the background. I was going to say the cognac Umi looks less dark and less red IRL than on the photos on the website, but now I‘m looking at them both on my desk (the bag not in direct sunlight) the colours actually look identical. You can see how the colour changes on my photos too (the other three bags are the Un in khaki, burgundy and terracotta, and they all look brighter on the picture than they really are). View attachment 5257474 View attachment 5257476 View attachment 5257477
So helpful!! Thank you, can't wait to snag one.

Polene1122

Nov 25, 2021
I received my numero un nano in black textured leather yesterday, and noticed that there is a patch that looks stained or cracked? Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a manufacturing issue?
20211125_133554. 20211125_133137.

Fancyfree

Mar 26, 2014
I received my numero un nano in black textured leather yesterday, and noticed that there is a patch that looks stained or cracked? Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a manufacturing issue?
View attachment 5259056 View attachment 5259057
If it does not vanish with the wipe of a damp cloth, then I expect it is an abrasion, and I would expect Polene to send you a new bag. It is a good thing it shows up so clearly on the sideways photo, maybe they will accept the photo as proof that you are entitled to a new bag (I believe they usually require one send the bag back for inspection) But I seem to remember that one needs to contact them (and return bag) quite promptly after receiving a defect bag for them to accept sending you a new one.

Polene1122

Nov 25, 2021
If it does not vanish with the wipe of a damp cloth, then I expect it is an abrasion, and I would expect Polene to send you a new bag. It is a good thing it shows up so clearly on the sideways photo, maybe they will accept the photo as proof that you are entitled to a new bag (I believe they usually require one send the bag back for inspection) But I seem to remember that one needs to contact them (and return bag) quite promptly after receiving a defect bag for them to accept sending you a new one.
Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, it still doesn't come off even when I gently wipe it with a cloth. The discolouration seems to only sit in the ridges of the leather, almost like it wasn't dyed properly. I've emailed polene about this, hopefully they'll get back to me soon with a solution!

holdalls

Oct 22, 2019
Thanks for that! Really looked like it split. Will check the bag throughly again in the morning with fresh eyes to make sure nothing is wrong.

Is it normal not to get paperwork in the box ? I’ve got nothing
I don't remember if this is the case for Polene (it's been a while since I purchased directly from them) but sometimes the paperwork is enclosed in the plastic sheeting that holds the shipping label.

Serenish

Dec 1, 2021
Hi, I am looking at purchasing the Sept Mini but wondering if anyone knows what the strap drop (of the chain) for this purse is? They list the chain length on the site but that is not super helpful and I am quite short so I want to make sure it sits right on me!
Thank you!

sleepyD

O.G.
Jun 18, 2007
Toronto, Canada
For my fellow Canadians:

I ordered the Beri and paid in EUR.

With the exchange paying for the purse in EUR was cheaper than USD. (It’s $260 EUR and $320 USD) I noticed it really depends on the purse, so don’t forget to check both currencies.

For example I’m also considering the numbero Huit mini - it’s $260 EUR and $290USD - so in this case I *might* order in USD but heard that the duties are over $100 if ordering in USD - can anyone help a girl out and confirm? :smile:

The taxes and duties came up to $68CAD for the Beri and I’m in Ontario