Old screws replacement - help please?

samouu

O.G.
Jun 3, 2011
GVA
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for anyone that would be able to help:

-would it be possible to replace the very old screw system (where the screws would completely come out) to the new ones (where the screws stay inside)?

-Has anyone ever done that replacement in the store? If yes, how much was it?

Thanks a lot for your help:heart:

3646E446-C099-4100-87DF-DF4DCDB4552B.jpeg

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
-would it be possible to replace the very old screw system (where the screws would completely come out) to the new ones (where the screws stay inside)?
Good question, being not an expert I would guess yes.

I only replaced a "newer-old" one and it was for free.

However, after the replacement it still gets lose every other month. I would wait a few more months to hear what others are saying here before going ahead.

Reactions: samouu

avcbob

O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Eastern USA
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for anyone that would be able to help:

Thanks a lot for your help:heart:

View attachment 5258295
My wife has both old and new screw systems. She has less issues with screws coming loose with the old style, like yours, than with the newer style. I'd suggest Loctite rather than changing the screw system.

lill_canele

Jun 21, 2021
I remember seeing a YouTube video of a jeweler compare the old screw system with the new screw system and he said that for a more secure system, the old one is actually better.
As others have said, the new screw system may have a tendency to loosen over time with need to tighten the screws here and there.

Unless your screw threading is damaged or extremely worn down, perhaps it’s best to wait a little longer until maybe you have to replace it.
And yes, your bracelet looks incredible for its age! :tup:

Reactions: samouu

LuckyMe14

Jun 5, 2019
I also changed a newer-old screw system to the newest version and the screws loosen a tiny little bit, but I do not think they loosen to the point it gets over the clicking part.... I do not know how to describe well sorry. If you tighten them initially you feel/hear the clicking parts. I catch changes very soon and just tighten them (never tried to see how far they can loosen haha). My newer RG love never loosened so far, only the newest locking mechanism. But the loosening is much better then before the replacement (btw this was free of charge but was within a year after purchase). I personally would not change it unless absolutely necessary.