Official MOYNAT Thread

Greenredapple

Nov 9, 2018
What a gorgeous bag! Yes, it is a little less bluish red than your others but I still think red works as a "neutral"---you obviously love red bags and know how to wear them. Of course, if it isn't complete love, you should return, but it is a stunner! Best wishes on your decision! :heart:
I do see the difference with the other shades of red, but stunning nonetheless and the depth of the color to me makes it a more versatile pop of color. (Personally I have also have a few bags in different red shades from blue-based to orange-tinged to a more "true" red. Only us bag fanatics can happily distinguish among them :giggle:)
Tell me about. I love all shades of red. I often wear navy, black and grey so red goes well with my wardrobe. So I decided to keep the bag :biggrin:

I doubt that Cabotin will be my last Moynat bag. I can always get gaby bb or loulou in neutral colour.

bagnut1

Perfect is the enemy of awesome
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
Tell me about. I love all shades of red. I often wear navy, black and grey so red goes well with my wardrobe. So I decided to keep the bag :biggrin:

I doubt that Cabotin will be my last Moynat bag. I can always get gaby bb or loulou in neutral colour.
Great you decided to keep it! It's a great color and I'll bet that you end up wearing it a lot.

Reactions: Greenredapple

mystar9898

O.G.
Feb 12, 2008
MNL

Happy to hear you decided to keep your beautiful Cabotin! Looking forward to seeing your next neutral Moynat as well :yahoo:

Bagaholic222

Jul 13, 2018

I echo the sentiments - love that red and glad that you decided to keep it!

Sourisbrune

Peace!
May 30, 2015
West Coast, USA; Paris; Monaco
Does anyone follow Ramesh on IG? A few days ago he posted photos from a visit to a French tannery (Hermès and Moynat use). I wonder if he has a six month no-competition cause (that would be expiring the first of the year), and he’s planning ahead. Wouldn’t it be interesting if he started his own company?- he has the experience.
Do you think he’s posting slight hints, or is my isolation starting to get to me?

Bagaholic222

Jul 13, 2018
Does anyone follow Ramesh on IG? A few days ago he posted photos from a visit to a French tannery (Hermès and Moynat use). I wonder if he has a six month no-competition cause (that would be expiring the first of the year), and he’s planning ahead. Wouldn’t it be interesting if he started his own company?- he has the experience.
Do you think he’s posting slight hints, or is my isolation starting to get to me?
I had the same thought when I saw those posts. It would be amazing if this was hints of him doing research for impending projects!

m_ichele

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I follow him too and was wondering if he was hinting at something. I hope so!!

bagnut1

Perfect is the enemy of awesome
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
I do but missed that unfortunately. I am sure he would be fantastic with his own company but I think he would need significant backing from one of the major luxury holding companies to do what he does on the scale he's been doing it. Maybe there's a deal in the works?

Can't wait to see what he does next.

Greenredapple

Nov 9, 2018
Thanks for the heads up.

Wouldn't it be grand if he does start his own company :biggrin:

pinkorchid20

Jul 14, 2017
What does everyone think of the Gabrielle BB?

I am in torn about a 2 tone Gabrielle BB, the unsure point is it's a bit more formal... any suggestion or opinion would be very much appreciated.
May I also asked, any idea regarding what it can hold?
I do own 2 Gabrielle BB - 1 in black box leather and 1 in Tourterelle carat calf. I mainly use them for going out (dinners) as well as for the rare instance of me going shopping or lunching. It can fit my iPhone 11 Pro, car keys, 2 Hermès Calvis and 1 Bastia as well as a small round mirror and lipstick. It still has a bit of space but could become tricky to close. I don't find it too formal, but that will depend on the leather and colour I guess. It is a structured bag, but due to its tiny size, I find it much less formal than say a Kelly Sellier 25 or 28. One of my best bag purchases ever.

mystar9898

O.G.
Feb 12, 2008
MNL
Hello again and Happy Friday, my Moynat tPF family!

It is truly a Happy Friday for me... I was getting ready to head out to see my mom, who is celebrating her birthday today, when my fuchsia Cabotin arrived one whole week ahead of my estimated delivery date! Immediately took photos to share. I was so excited I forgot to remove the plastic on the buckles :giggle:

IMG_8409.gif IMG_8405.gif

Quick thoughts... I love this bag! Again the fuchsia is deeper and richer than the 24S photos. I have natural light spilling in the room (with blinds, so there's a bit of variation on the lighting) and tried to capture it best I could. It's a deeper, darker, less purplish pink which I love! I mentioned in an earlier post that pink is one of my favorite colors. I originally had a Bulgari Serpenti Forever bag in "flash amethyst" (which is their fuchsia pink) in my wish list, but when I saw this on 24S, I knew this would be a much better use of $, and an original Ramesh design at that. Again I can't say enough about the quality of the build and the craftsmanship that went into this bag, and all of the lovely details, especially those amazing buckles that make the cutest "click" sound, too. I am starting to sound like I'm writing a love letter to my bag... Moynat tends to do that to me :love: :flowers:

I also tried on the bag with the strap and while practical and the perfect length both crossbody and shoulder bag style for me (at the shortest length), I think it's just gorgeous on its own with the top handle and without the strap. I still appreciate the strap to increase the bag's utility and practically, though!

Overall, I am so happy, so excited with my 4th Moynat and cannot wait for many more.

PS - I really do love 24S packaging! So lovely :girlsigh:

Bagaholic222

Jul 13, 2018
Hello again and Happy Friday, my Moynat tPF family!

It is truly a Happy Friday for me... I was getting ready to head out to see my mom, who is celebrating her birthday today, when my fuchsia Cabotin arrived one whole week ahead of my estimated delivery date! Immediately took photos to share. I was so excited I forgot to remove the plastic on the buckles :giggle:

View attachment 4851868 View attachment 4851869

Quick thoughts... I love this bag! Again the fuchsia is deeper and richer than the 24S photos. I have natural light spilling in the room (with blinds, so there's a bit of variation on the lighting) and tried to capture it best I could. It's a deeper, darker, less purplish pink which I love! I mentioned in an earlier post that pink is one of my favorite colors. I originally had a Bulgari Serpenti Forever bag in "flash amethyst" (which is their fuchsia pink) in my wish list, but when I saw this on 24S, I knew this would be a much better use of $, and an original Ramesh design at that. Again I can't say enough about the quality of the build and the craftsmanship that went into this bag, and all of the lovely details, especially those amazing buckles that make the cutest "click" sound, too. I am starting to sound like I'm writing a love letter to my bag... Moynat tends to do that to me :love: :flowers:

I also tried on the bag with the strap and while practical and the perfect length both crossbody and shoulder bag style for me (at the shortest length), I think it's just gorgeous on its own with the top handle and without the strap. I still appreciate the strap to increase the bag's utility and practically, though!

Overall, I am so happy, so excited with my 4th Moynat and cannot wait for many more.

PS - I really do love 24S packaging! So lovely :girlsigh:
Congrats! I can totally feel your excitement and joy coming through the 'page'- that's when you know you love something!

• Love
Reactions: mystar9898

Greenredapple

Nov 9, 2018
Greenredapple, your little green vehicle avatar is adorable!!! :love: For some reason I just noticed it.
Thank you :smile: It's my dream "car". Found out that this whimsical looking vehicle was used in an add for frozen peas.

Again I can't say enough about the quality of the build and the craftsmanship that went into this bag, and all of the lovely details, especially those amazing buckles that make the cutest "click" sound, too. I am starting to sound like I'm writing a love letter to my bag... Moynat tends to do that to me :love: :flowers:
We are bag cousins :biggrin: Your Cabotin in fucshia looks super cute. And I agree with everything you wrote regarding the bag. It's sturdy and surpringly, very easy to open and close.

Because of the bad weather I haven't had the chance to use my Cabotin yet. Perhaps I am being fussy about the bag, but it's still new and I want to baby it for a little while longer until I will start using it next week. I do think that the thick natural cow leather is very sturdy and could withstand some rain no problem.

mystar9898

O.G.
Feb 12, 2008
MNL
Congrats! I can totally feel your excitement and joy coming through the 'page'- that's when you know you love something!
Thank you so much @Bagaholic222, I am truly so happy! I came home, took it out of the dustbag and admired it for a while! :lol:

We are bag cousins :biggrin: Your Cabotin in fucshia looks super cute. And I agree with everything you wrote regarding the bag. It's sturdy and surpringly, very easy to open and close.

Because of the bad weather I haven't had the chance to use my Cabotin yet. Perhaps I am being fussy about the bag, but it's still new and I want to baby it for a little while longer until I will start using it next week. I do think that the thick natural cow leather is very sturdy and could withstand some rain no problem.
Yes @Greenredapple, my fuchsia Cabotin says hi to your beautiful groseille Cabotin! Bag cousins indeed :heart: I am so glad you decided to keep your Cabotin beauty! Same here, I still am not able to take my prettier bags out but I can't wait till I can. For now I'm sticking with bags that I can wipe down easily and that I wouldn't mind touching even with sanitizer/alcohol on my hands. Earlier I was thinking of buying a twilly to wrap around the handle. The calf leather does feel very sturdy, but still thinking about protecting the handles once I start using the bag more often. Keep us posted on how your Cabotin experience goes, especially as you start using it more :flowers: