MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

samfalstaff

Holy Hannah!
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
I've been looking at this listing on TRR for a while now. It's listed as having "slight discoloration" which to me sounds like maybe 1-2 spots. Although if you look at the pictures, it seems like almost the entire bottom of the bag is darkened. Is that what it looks like to you all or do you think it's just the lighting? I haven't bought much from TRR. I know this is listed as final sale, but I've heard it's actually quite easy to get something returned even though it's final sale. If I rely on their description of "slight discoloration" and find instead that the bottom of the bag is just completely discolored, do you think they would accept the return?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I've been looking at this listing on TRR for a while now. It's listed as having "slight discoloration" which to me sounds like maybe 1-2 spots. Although if you look at the pictures, it seems like almost the entire bottom of the bag is darkened. Is that what it looks like to you all or do you think it's just the lighting? I haven't bought much from TRR. I know this is listed as final sale, but I've heard it's actually quite easy to get something returned even though it's final sale. If I rely on their description of "slight discoloration" and find instead that the bottom of the bag is just completely discolored, do you think they would accept the return?
I must be missing something.....I don't see a pic of the bottom of the bag. If it was me (and if I felt the price was good - which this one is priced ok but not very low IMO) if the bottom was darkened and nothing gross I wouldn't be bothered much. you don't really look at the bottom much do you? as far as returns at trr, I have no experience. I would think you'd have to make a case that it was misrepresented and in this case, they are disclosing it has marks

samfalstaff

Holy Hannah!
May 31, 2013
San Rafael, California
I must be missing something.....I don't see a pic of the bottom of the bag. If it was me (and if I felt the price was good - which this one is priced ok but not very low IMO) if the bottom was darkened and nothing gross I wouldn't be bothered much. you don't really look at the bottom much do you? as far as returns at trr, I have no experience. I would think you'd have to make a case that it was misrepresented and in this case, they are disclosing it has marks
I should have been more clear. I meant the "area" around the bottom of the bag. If you look at the pictures, you can see some dark marks/shadows there, but I can't tell if it's just shadows or actual discoloration of leather. They're disclosing it has "slight" marks which to me is not reflected in the pictures if you believe it's discoloration and not shadows. So I was wondering if perhaps it is just shadows and not discoloration. (Sorry - that was probably as clear as mud. I have too much time on my hands these days.)

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I should have been more clear. I meant the "area" around the bottom of the bag. If you look at the pictures, you can see some dark marks/shadows there, but I can't tell if it's just shadows or actual discoloration of leather. They're disclosing it has "slight" marks which to me is not reflected in the pictures if you believe it's discoloration and not shadows. So I was wondering if perhaps it is just shadows and not discoloration. (Sorry - that was probably as clear as mud. I have too much time on my hands these days.)
I'm not the best at evaluating pics but I don't see discoloration or marks....you could try asking the seller to comment on what you see?
I like the color

Reactions: RT1 and samfalstaff

Shelby33

You probably don't know me.
Sep 12, 2015
Boston
I also don't see any discoloration, but maybe you could brighten up the pictures and see if there is anything there. I will say the bag does not hang that way, it is much more slouchy. I don't have any experience with TRR though, sorry.

Reactions: RT1

Haughty

Oct 8, 2014
I called them once to ask about a bag. The CS agent told me there are 4 levels of grading

Best is Pristine
Can’t remember this name might be Excellent
Very good
Good.

She told me I might want to consider only the top two. I have never seen pristine on a bag on there. Even when I sent them a brand new bag with tags and never worn it was not labeled as pristine

With that confusing explanation I have many times bought good and very good without problems.

Hope that helped and that I didn’t further confuse everyone. Sorry for any typos and lack of punctuation. I’m at work and don’t want to get busted! LOL

Denverite

Now in Seattle!
O.G.
Jul 1, 2009
Seattle
Throwing my two cents in here, but I think that often times they just put vague Descriptions like “discoloration throughout” to cover themselves In case there’s a spot here or there. I’ve found that from FASHIONPHILE and TRR that I’ve been pleasantly surprised and things have been in better condition than I’ve expected. I also have no experience with TRR returns though! Also I think on the MA hobo, it’s lighting issues and I don’t see any discoloration (I’m also on my phone and not a computer.)

Reactions: RT1

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Throwing my two cents in here, but I think that often times they just put vague Descriptions like “discoloration throughout” to cover themselves In case there’s a spot here or there. I’ve found that from FASHIONPHILE and TRR that I’ve been pleasantly surprised and things have been in better condition than I’ve expected. I also have no experience with TRR returns though! Also I think on the MA hobo, it’s lighting issues and I don’t see any discoloration (I’m also on my phone and not a computer.)
you just never know...I bought a bag one time (from Tradesy maybe). I asked about the condition and seller just said "looks good to me". Bag turned out to be pristine. others will say their bags are like new and have a glaring flaw.