makeup and the pandemic

jfitz78

Dec 22, 2020
I have a makeup obsession, like spend $300 at sephora and Urban Decay obsession. I wear make up everyday to work. Having to wear a mask all day long I go really bold with my eyes.

I also have a pretty physical job, so some sweat proof suggestions for fair sensitive skin would be awesome!

Reactions: Love_N_Lune

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
I collect vintage dead stock perfume (pre IFRA Regs) so I wear perfume regularly as a pick me up.
occasionally I’ll do a strong brow. I have been taking advantage of mask wearing to make appts for laser and other dermatological procedures that I delayed until now.
that’s it.

Ania

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
London
I‘ve never worn much make up and while I haven’t stopped during the pandemic, I paired my daily routine down a bit. For example, I have largely stopped wearing blush (can’t be seen under a mask). I always always always wear mascara and continue to wear (and buy) lipstick, occasionally I like to accentuate the eye a bit more with some eyeliner. What I have been buying (and using) more of is skincare, I think it’s because due to the pandemic I haven’t been able to have any procedures, facials, etc.

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Literally no makeup for the entire 2020. A few occasions I put on some foundation and did my brows and eyeshadow, but I never applied lipstick. So all my Tom Ford lipstick were of no use all year. I think this will continue in 2021.

HiromiT

Jun 20, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Since I’m hardly out, I wear a lot less makeup. But when I go out for essentials, I use concealer, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, and lip balm. I used to wear blush and lipstick but there’s no point under a mask. I really hate the way I look without lipstick — like death warmed over LOL. Am searching for a lip stain or matte lipstick that won’t smudge but isn’t drying. Tall order, I know.

Reactions: kkfiregirl

Cornflower Blue

O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I've been wearing practically nothing since this all began, I mean what was the point when you're not seeing anybody outside your home and if you are, you're all masked up? Maybe that says more about me than it does about anything else. Goodness only knows what the sales of makeup have been like during all this, especially for lipstick. However, recently I have begun to change - I have had an audit of all my makeup and chucked a whole lot of old stuff out. And I'm beginning to feel a lot more positive about things and have recently bought a new foundation, a lot more skin care (as if I needed an excuse :angel: ) and a new lipstick. Yes no-one apart from my immediate family may be able to see it, but I can in the mirror, and I like it and it makes me feel good and that's surely a plus no matter what the situation.

Reactions: kkfiregirl

maris.crane

oh hai mark
May 18, 2017
I am at the point now where I do a full beat (sans lashes) when I go to Shoppers/grocery stores/liquor stores/walks just to feel like I have an occasion to dress up.

But M-F 9-5? Nah man.

Apr 3, 2007
East Coast
I’ve cut back on my makeup use during the pandemic, at the same time I’ve spent so much money on makeup and skincare items over the past year.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I’ve cut back on my makeup use during the pandemic, at the same time I’ve spent so much money on makeup and skincare items over the past year.
I went to ulta one day - mid-week/mid-day. long line to pay. go figure. people out of work and getting stimulus checks?

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
ULTA had their 21 days of beauty special in March.
I bought stuff too:lol:
It is not because there is a pandemic that I am going to look like chit...

Reactions: sdkitty

AnsavdW

Mar 30, 2021
I've almost completely stopped wearing makeup! Want to get back into it, but I don't see people enough anymore to validate a full face. On a side not, anyone know of a lipstick/gloss that'd last under a mask? Maybe I'll start with that :/

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
ULTA had their 21 days of beauty special in March.
I bought stuff too:lol:
It is not because there is a pandemic that I am going to look like chit...
you and a lot of other people....I went there on a weekday afternoon recently are there were lines to pay....guess every day is saturday now that a lot of people aren't working....they're out spending their unemployment money on makeup?

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
you and a lot of other people....I went there on a weekday afternoon recently are there were lines to pay....guess every day is saturday now that a lot of people aren't working....they're out spending their unemployment money on makeup?
I bought vitamins that were seriously discounted.
It is a one day deal, so if you don’t go that day. No deal for you:biggrin:
I was not there one day only either...
Lunch hour can be taken at anytime while telecommuting..
Maybe they used their stimie.
Who knows?

Reactions: sdkitty

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
I’ve only worn makeup maybe three times in the past year. So now in anticipation of an eventual return to “normal” I’ve replaced all my makeup with new stuff, because I worried the old opened cosmetics were potentially expired or unsafe after all that time. I thought it would be fun shopping (online) for new makeup but it ended up being a pain in the a**. Some of my fav items were discontinued (why do cosmetic companies perpetually do that?), lots of stuff out of stock, shipping screwups, so hard to choose new colors online.... sigh.

Reactions: sdkitty and limom