Is the Prada Re-Edition Nylon bag worth the purchase?

Jan 28, 2018
Ladies, the reedition 2005, along with the nylon bucket bag and back pack had an increase? I swear the 2005 was $1490 last Sunday and today it’s $1,590.

backbqck nylon is now $1,750 ($1,550 last Sunday)

i’m an LV girl and new to prada.Do they do price increase often?

balenciamags

Nov 28, 2018
I know they've increased the Re-Editions several times since the (re)release.

I believe the bucket was $1290 back in March, so a $200 increase across 6 months is steep.

Maria333

Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone

I've never purchased Prada bags before and am debating between 2005 re-edition with single leather strap and multi-strap versions. I don't see myself wearing the thicker strap and am only considering the multi-strap because of the chain it comes with. Someone here mentioned that the chain strap is longer than the leather strap and as I'd like to be able to wear the bag in winter the strap needs to be long enough to go over a puffer. Unfortunately, I don't have a store nearby and there are no measurements of straps on the website.
If anyone has both could please take a side by side picture to understand if the difference is significant or measure the length of both, chain and leather, straps. :pray:

VSUVUS

Professional Snack Muncher (she/her)
Nov 15, 2020
Anyone have a picture of what they fit inside their re edition 2005?
Not sure if you still need this info but here is a list of things I was able to fit in mine from my recent trip to Vegas (filling it at full capacity as I usually wouldn't)

-1 LV Mini Pochette Accessoires (filled up to the max as a catch-all)
-1 LV Cles + 1 other pouch that's about same size: Cles was filled with about 5 cards and the other was filled with quite a bit of coins and give or take anywhere from 10-25 bills
-1 Baggu reusable bag (folded and stored in its own pouch)
-1 Invisalign container (about the size of a compact powder)
-1 portable phone charger (mine is on the larger size; roughly 9cm x 7cm x 1.5cm)
-1 iPhone USB cord

Pretty sure that's about it...if I don't zip up the purse, I'm actually able to put my iPhone XR (w/ an Otterbox case) in vertically if I need to keep my hands free temporarily otherwise I mostly keep my phone in pants or jacket pocket for quick access.

I can upload a photo later too when I get home :smile:

MsMoneybagg

Kimberly
Sep 5, 2021
Not sure if you still need this info but here is a list of things I was able to fit in mine from my recent trip to Vegas (filling it at full capacity as I usually wouldn't)

-1 LV Mini Pochette Accessoires (filled up to the max as a catch-all)
-1 LV Cles + 1 other pouch that's about same size: Cles was filled with about 5 cards and the other was filled with quite a bit of coins and give or take anywhere from 10-25 bills
-1 Baggu reusable bag (folded and stored in its own pouch)
-1 Invisalign container (about the size of a compact powder)
-1 portable phone charger (mine is on the larger size; roughly 9cm x 7cm x 1.5cm)
-1 iPhone USB cord

Pretty sure that's about it...if I don't zip up the purse, I'm actually able to put my iPhone XR (w/ an Otterbox case) in vertically if I need to keep my hands free temporarily otherwise I mostly keep my phone in pants or jacket pocket for quick access.

I can upload a photo later too when I get home :smile:
I'd be interested in pics! What size Baggu do you carry?

Reactions: Chaliya and VSUVUS

VSUVUS

Professional Snack Muncher (she/her)
Nov 15, 2020
Here are some examples of what fits in my Re-Edition 2005 (full capacity)

I’m able to zip up the purse without having to pull hard on the zipper at all but personally I wouldn’t recommend filling it this full…

12F96826-DEC7-4C62-91FA-959FF3C5F1CB.jpeg 333E0F8C-B848-4346-9674-91DA5355DE7B.jpeg 01DE7431-8F83-42E9-ADEE-D039350BFEE5.jpeg A6DDCD4D-3E2C-4EB4-BEB7-9C85D907BCF3.jpeg FE2B9D92-384B-44CC-9C7C-9BCF3704B9AD.jpeg

@MsMoneybagg Standard size Baggu is the biggest I carry (photo 1). Sometimes I do just a baby one (photo 3) or 2 Baggus depending on what I’ve got planned for the day!

elizapav

Jun 17, 2015
These comments are so helpful, thank you all. I am wondering if there are any TPFers who can speak to the nylon wear in a lighter color, like the (Desert Beige or white). I am looking at both the Re Edition 2005 and the mini 2005.
Maybe the mini 2000 since I am concerned about wear with such a light color (more so the white).

Thanks for sharing any experience any recommendations!

Happyish

Oct 18, 2017
These comments are so helpful, thank you all. I am wondering if there are any TPFers who can speak to the nylon wear in a lighter color, like the (Desert Beige or white). I am looking at both the Re Edition 2005 and the mini 2005.
Maybe the mini 2000 since I am concerned about wear with such a light color (more so the white).

Thanks for sharing any experience any recommendations!
From personal experience with the Prada nylon backpack in light colors, I would say NO. Over time, there were visible signs of soil, and efforts to clean the bag (by a very fine dry cleaners) were useless. On the other hand, it may be that a handbag won't get the same kind of wear as a backpack, so maybe won't get as soiled? However, if your heart is set on a light color (they're lovely) you may want to find out if it can be treated with fabric protector so it would resist stains.

Reactions: elizapav

elizapav

Jun 17, 2015
From personal experience with the Prada nylon backpack in light colors, I would say NO. Over time, there were visible signs of soil, and efforts to clean the bag (by a very fine dry cleaners) were useless. On the other hand, it may be that a handbag won't get the same kind of wear as a backpack, so maybe won't get as soiled? However, if your heart is set on a light color (they're lovely) you may want to find out if it can be treated with fabric protector so it would resist stains.
Thank you. I was able to try on both the white (crossbody) and beige - I love light colors, but you are right, I think I’d regret it and wouldn’t want to baby it. The Cleo caught my eye too but defeats the purpose of a nylon bag!

Chaliya

Nov 14, 2021
I sold my prada re-edition 2005 few months ago and kinda miss it sometimes

i am currently thinking about purchasing the 2000 now. I did not like the saffiano trimming as it wore down/rubbed off very quickly

what do you guys think? :smile: