Is anyone else shopping out of fear/stress of prices increasing?

Aug 4, 2007
This is the fear I have. However, once an item that you want becomes out of the price range you are willing to spend, sometimes you have to live with that decision. That’s currently why I am on the fence with the Cartier Love Bracelet. Do I want to spend that much? If I don’t buy now, it’s only going to continue to go up. Will I kick myself? Should I plan on a VCA purchase which is beautiful as well as less costly- Alhambra Bracelet instead? These are the thoughts in my head...about many things. Like why am I thinking about a Chanel bag now when I want a Dior Tote? Because of the price increase lol!
For what it’s worth, I think the love is a much better buy than a Chanel or Dior bag. I’ve fallen out of love with bags and you can only wear one bag at a time without looking like a crazy person. Not so with jewelry!

ElisaAnna

May 29, 2016
I feel like prices are going up while the quality is going down. I own vintage chanel and Louis Vuitton bags and the quality is so much better than the ones I bought recently. The canvas of the LV feels so much thicker. At the same time, brands are selling and pushing the more expensive bags (like the new LV leather ranges and the lockit bags)

Im still in the market for a Chanel WOC, and I feel like I should buy it this year or next year, otherwise I just can't justify the price anymore.

dove221

Lover of luxury goods
Jan 4, 2021
Bay Area, CA
For what it’s worth, I think the love is a much better buy than a Chanel or Dior bag. I’ve fallen out of love with bags and you can only wear one bag at a time without looking like a crazy person. Not so with jewelry!
Yes, I feel like 2020 was more of a jewelry year! I purchased a lot of jewelry but not any bags. I also purchased way too many shoes. So this year, lets see what happens.

Thoughts on Love Bracelet versus Tank Watch? Love small versus regular?

dove221

Lover of luxury goods
Jan 4, 2021
Bay Area, CA
I feel like prices are going up while the quality is going down. I own vintage chanel and Louis Vuitton bags and the quality is so much better than the ones I bought recently. The canvas of the LV feels so much thicker. At the same time, brands are selling and pushing the more expensive bags (like the new LV leather ranges and the lockit bags)

Im still in the market for a Chanel WOC, and I feel like I should buy it this year or next year, otherwise I just can't justify the price anymore.
I think its all the mass production and demand, so designers are caring less about quality?
WOC goes up to $3050 to be exact tomorrow. Maybe better to go with the square mini instead?

Reactions: muddledmint

Oilbird

Jun 2, 2016
I understand your feelings. I also agree with others who have mentioned how the stress and worries of the times we are living through are affecting our shopping habits. I also think being home so much allows more focus on the price increases, because yes, they feel high and frequent to me and I've been buying Chanel since 2005.

I too keep contemplating if i should just pull the trigger on two bags I want and get it over with. Both aren't even made anymore but I'm watching the preloved bags creep up at a steady pace. My only real strategy is I try to slow myself down. I will write down what i want and do my best to not think about it for a few days/weeks. Most things will fall off my radar once I'm not so focused on them (i call this a case of the shoppies :smile:) and the few I'm still thinking about I will get.

Reactions: i*bella and dove221

Vanessa M

Aug 15, 2017
I got a Camilla woc for Christmas hadn’t used since I was undecided how I felt about it. when I heard Of the price increase I quickly asked my sa what she had. I ended up exchanging the Camilla woc for a classic woc, the increase for WOC may go up $550 Hope I dont regret exchanging the Camilla i do love the new magnetic closure and ziper hardware

Attachments

dove221

Lover of luxury goods
Jan 4, 2021
Bay Area, CA
I understand your feelings. I also agree with others who have mentioned how the stress and worries of the times we are living through are affecting our shopping habits. I also think being home so much allows more focus on the price increases, because yes, they feel high and frequent to me and I've been buying Chanel since 2005.

I too keep contemplating if i should just pull the trigger on two bags I want and get it over with. Both aren't even made anymore but I'm watching the preloved bags creep up at a steady pace. My only real strategy is I try to slow myself down. I will write down what i want and do my best to not think about it for a few days/weeks. Most things will fall off my radar once I'm not so focused on them (i call this a case of the shoppies :smile:) and the few I'm still thinking about I will get.
Which two bags:biggrin: Love the term shoppies!! Yeah, my issue is when I get focused- I go back and forth and then I will purchase.
So, last night I made a list and I am not sure now which ones will stay on the list or fall off. Tonight I will reprioritize that list and put milestones I need to achieve to get those?

Reactions: Oilbird

dove221

Lover of luxury goods
Jan 4, 2021
Bay Area, CA
I got a Camilla woc for Christmas hadn’t used since I was undecided how I felt about it. when I heard Of the price increase I quickly asked my sa what she had. I ended up exchanging the Camilla woc for a classic woc, the increase for WOC may go up $550 Hope I dont regret exchanging the Camilla i do love the new magnetic closure and ziper hardware
This! This kind of stuff makes me stress and I hope you don't regret it either. Both bags are pretty! So either way, I think you are good. What all can the WOC hold? I am curious.

RT1

Hubble Telescope Image of the Orion Nebula
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Texas
I think its all the mass production and demand, so designers are caring less about quality?
WOC goes up to $3050 to be exact tomorrow. Maybe better to go with the square mini instead?
Yep, Chanel price increases start tomorrow - Friday. :yucky:
My SA managed to get me what I wanted right under the wire....ugh! ;)

• Love
Reactions: dove221 and 880