Involuntary Coach ban support group

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
Sounds like you found your ban plan :lol:. It will be great to have this work done sooner rather than later. You got some wonderful bags this year so you are likely set for awhile, right? :smile:

Sorry to imply he ”inspects” the stuff I wash but I feel compelled to “inspect” them and do the squeaky clean test myself for fear of missing a spot :lol:. In the past when I did the cooking, it would be no big deal to me if I ever find a spot on a clean pan (not that it happened often :lol:), I would just quickly rinse/wash it before using. But it’s a whole new world now in my kitchen :lol:. I may “deserve“ a new bag after all (been 9 months since my last new bag).
Yes, I do have some great bags :smile: Wasn’t exactly what I had in mind to force a ban, but I need my house to function I guess. and yes, you deserve a bag even if it is you doing the inspection! Lol!

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
Yuck, I hate spending money just to put the house back the way it should be rather than actually improving it. We just replaced a door and some siding due to dry rot. I'm sure it wasn't as expensive as yours but it was a big chunk of change.
I agree. It is kind of a bummer. Instead of paying a hgtv designer money to remodel, we are putting in foundation work, I guess.

tealocean

Jan 24, 2018
:lol: I swear it’s the absolute truth :smile:. All the “free” cooking doesn’t come free — meaning I have to put up with all the “advice“ and demonstrations. Like things that go into the dishwasher (pots and pans) need to pass the touch test and squeaky clean test (literal squeak sound). So it stresses me out a little :lol: that I have to check everything. Guess in the beginning, I wasn’t careful enough (or maybe still a little “sick”) so I must have accidentally left a small spot here and there (sigh). Also, apparently (as of yesterday), I don’t know how to properly/safely open an oven door when taking stuff out of the oven (ggrr). Oh well, at least I don’t have to cook and we are eating better homemade food than ever. I am not obligated to do the cleaning but I just feel guilty if I don’t (since I am not cooking) :sad:
:lol:I know it's true. This is too good to make up. Is your husband taking a lot of pride in the cooking and kitchen care? I wonder if he really wants to do the dishes his way. I really hope so for your sake. Live the dream! I'm sure there are other jobs you would rather do that make a great trade off so you won't feel guilty. ;)

tealocean

Jan 24, 2018
I really need to stop buying bags for a long while now and it is sad. But we just financed a lot for some necessary foundation work, and I won't freak you all out about the amount, but it is a lot--more than I ever imagined. So to avoid eventually sinking, we need to do this and invest in our home. A worthy investment, but I wish it was cheaper. :sad: I am okay with the bag situation but a little shocked still. Crazy!
What a bummer! :sad: I hope it gets done quickly. That's great you will have the safest house though!

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
When you say protected it sounds like you’re installing a moat lol Will there be alligators?
Lol! It is kind of like treating a beach house in a way, funny enough. The house will still be at the level it is (basic ranch home with a crawl space), but they drive these things deep into the ground as far as they can go, and it keeps your foundation from moving with the soil changes underneath from rain and dry periods. You would think if you aren’t in a flood zone or near the beach you would be fine, but soil is different from spot to spot...and some places you can have more issues even if it didn’t seem so when the house was built.

I kept dreaming about foundation work last night. That was annoying!