Help w stain/ mark on birkin !

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
PLEASE do not use baby wipes on your bags. Please. This has been discussed extensively. They can damage your bag.

Of course it is up to you, but PSA.
I got a stain on my bag last week. My instinct was to use a baby wipe. When it didn’t get the stain out I brought it directly to my local boutique. You should have seen the look on the SM’s face when I said I used a baby wipe…. Needless to say, I’m hoping my “efforts” didn’t make it worse!

My bag was sent to the spa in NY so we shall see………:whut:

Reactions: 880

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
I am happy to report back that they were able to completely rid my bag of the stain from hand sanitizer ! I cannot tell where it was before !
It was ready to be picked up 11/5 and I shipped it to my store on 10/2 so Impressive turn around . Of course Now I am SO scared of hand sanitizer !!
3A4B633F-ED43-4AF0-8171-EA396AD75CD2.jpeg

Sep 8, 2010
Berlin, Germany
OMG... It looks like sanitizer. Honestly this is really freaking me out. Every time I walk into store Im overly cautious because Im frightened to ruin my bags, jackets or anything really.

Reactions: Chrismin

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
OMG... It looks like sanitizer. Honestly this is really freaking me out. Every time I walk into store Im overly cautious because Im frightened to ruin my bags, jackets or anything really.
I know ! And it’s so easy to have it drip everywhere .. it’s so runny !!

• Insightful

bubablu

Apr 23, 2015
Glad it worked out! (I was traumatized, lol, by a pochette Métis photo on this forum with the exact stain at the start of the pandemic, I've been uber careful with sanitizers since then)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrismin
Sep 2, 2007
Just noticed today I have this mark on this baby !! I’m assuming it’s either some water mark or hand sanitizer ..could be a number of things .. I tried to rub it off w microfiber wash cloth that was damp but nothing changed
Any recommendations would be appreciated
Is this something that needs to go to spa ? View attachment 5211253
I have the exact same type of stain on my black Kelly sellier. I am dropping her and one of my Birkins of at the spa on Rodeo Drive this week. It is a hand sanitizer mishap. In the meantime, my SA invited me to a Spring/Summer preview this Sunday while I drop off my bags. OH NO! I am so so weak. I keep reminding myself that next year’s stock market will not be as bullish and it is time to watch my spending.

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
Good luck @haute okole on the bags as well as previews ... I went to my store this past wkd to have my moms coat altered..I said to myself I am going to stick to the game plan . But my SA had several RTW pieces put aside for me to try on ... needless to say I had several purchases that day ..

I have the exact same type of stain on my black Kelly sellier. I am dropping her and one of my Birkins of at the spa on Rodeo Drive this week. It is a hand sanitizer mishap. In the meantime, my SA invited me to a Spring/Summer preview this Sunday while I drop off my bags. OH NO! I am so so weak. I keep reminding myself that next year’s stock market will not be as bullish and it is time to watch my spending.

• Haha
Reactions: loh and haute okole

charlottawill

Jul 31, 2015
I am happy to report back that they were able to completely rid my bag of the stain from hand sanitizer ! I cannot tell where it was before !
It was ready to be picked up 11/5 and I shipped it to my store on 10/2 so Impressive turn around . Of course Now I am SO scared of hand sanitizer !!
View attachment 5259124
I keep my bottle in a little zip lock bag.

• Insightful

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
View attachment 5259124
What a relief! The bag looks perfect! Am so happy for you! :biggrin:

Sep 2, 2007
@Chrismin, I feel your pain! I so love love my special invitations to Hermes, but WOW, I don’t think I will ever feel truly comfortable with the amount I spend. I am the type the buys each and everything that looks good on me, but I am a stay at home Mom. Where on earth will I wear all of this Hermes RTW. I live in Hermosa Beach, the land of Lululemon. Re: the hand sanitizers, they are poison to our Hermes.

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
I keep my bottle in a little zip lock bag.
The sad thing is I keep mine in my makeup bag inside but I have a pump in my car and I think I prob used it and moved my hand and dripped on the outside. I don’t even recall exact moment .. it’s like one day I saw my bag and was horrified
But apparently w pandemic they are seeing a lot of sanitizer related injuries

Reactions: charlottawill

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
@Chrismin, I feel your pain! I so love love my special invitations to Hermes, but WOW, I don’t think I will ever feel truly comfortable with the amount I spend. I am the type the buys each and everything that looks good on me, but I am a stay at home Mom. Where on earth will I wear all of this Hermes RTW. I live in Hermosa Beach, the land of Lululemon. Re: the hand sanitizers, they are poison to our Hermes.
I know ! The items add up so quickly ! I was really proud of myself that I didn’t buy all the items of RTW, although I will say I kept thinking about one top and am still proud of myself that I didn’t text my SA the next day to see if it was still available ..

• Haha
Reactions: haute okole