Gucci 100th Anniversary

Feb 13, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Found these on the website tonight!!

Explanation for the message on some items: During its 100 years, Gucci has established itself as one of the most influential fashion houses. Becoming a status quo and household name within pop culture, songs have repeatedly celebrated Gucci with their lyrics. Paying homage to that, a mix of pieces from Aria are defined by lyrics of contemporary songs courtesy of © Sony Music Publishing. Crafted from an ivory jacquard with flowers and crowns, this Gucci Diana bag is defined by a print featuring the words to “The R” By E. Barrier and W. Griffin © Sony Music Publishing.

The sort is from Price High to Low. :biggrin:

Classified as "bags" versus "handbags" above....

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2006
Honolulu, HI
The inside on this wallet is stamped Gucci Centennial.

During its 100 years, Gucci has established itself as one of the most influential fashion houses. Becoming a status quo and household name within pop culture, songs have repeatedly celebrated Gucci with their lyrics. Paying homage to that, this card case wallet is defined by a print featuring the words to “Uniform” I. Anderson; Courtesy of BMG Rights Management (Italy) srl.
  • Hibiscus red leather with black trim
  • 'Well tailored in unswerving elegance With shoes by Gucci on their feet: Uniforms' print—“Uniform” I. Anderson; Courtesy of BMG Rights Management (Italy) srl
  • Antique and shiny gold-toned hardware
  • Inside: Gucci Centennial detail

One ready-to-wear I think is stunning:

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Thanks so much @favoritethingshawaii :flowers:

I have an appointment to see this collection next month. So far, I like the dark blue suede dress with red croc trim (why it's not real croc I have no idea). There's also a 100 Loafer to match but I can only see it in men's sizes.

The 1955 looks cool. I already have a colourful 1955 so not sure if I need another so similar.

The strange phrases AM uses baffle me. I love music but don't need to advertise it with 'Music is Mine Gucci Seats Reclined'. If they wanted to use an English phrase, perhaps they could have found better, but why not in Italian.

I would also like something with the 'Flower Print' but no writing.

Feb 13, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Thanks so much @favoritethingshawaii :flowers:

I have an appointment to see this collection next month. So far, I like the dark blue suede dress with red croc trim (why it's not real croc I have no idea). There's also a 100 Loafer to match but I can only see it in men's sizes.

The 1955 looks cool. I already have a colourful 1955 so not sure if I need another so similar.

The strange phrases AM uses baffle me. I love music but don't need to advertise it with 'Music is Mine Gucci Seats Reclined'. If they wanted to use an English phrase, perhaps they could have found better, but why not in Italian.

I would also like something with the 'Flower Print' but no writing.
Absolutely agree about the phrases!

I found this on Instagram #Gucci100. I think it would have been more interesting if they paid homage to the different logo fonts on the actual bags, rather than the shopping bags!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I went to the pop-up store in London and everything is much nicer than pics suggest.

They are only selling Centenary items. Then they'll switch to Gucci hack Balenciaga in a while . Head of Gucci UK was there overseeing. It's a very cool space and you know how cynical I am.

As you will know I wanted the Florentine Crown print on something. Here's the cotton 70 scarf. The perfect size for a more fun print.

IMG_20211004_205523.

Besides RTW and accessories, there was a pre-loved bookshop, cafe upstairs, vinyl selection to listen to, outdoor terrace. I also bought a German book from the 1980s as a gift for someone.

All the tissue paper and bags are Gucci 100. The bags have all the Gucci fonts going back a century

Bakerqueen

Be classic and be YOU!!
Aug 5, 2021
Glendale, CA
I went to the pop-up store in London and everything is much nicer than pics suggest.

They are only selling Centenary items. Then they'll switch to Gucci hack Balenciaga in a while . Head of Gucci UK was there overseeing. It's a very cool space and you know how cynical I am.

As you will know I wanted the Florentine Crown print on something. Here's the cotton 70 scarf. The perfect size for a

Besides RTW and accessories, there was a pre-loved bookshop, cafe upstairs, vinyl selection to listen to, outdoor terrace. I also bought a German book from the 1980s as a gift for someone.

All the tissue paper and bags are Gucci 100. The bags have all the Gucci fonts going back a century
When they will release GUCCI hack BAL Collection? I put my wish list for small hourglass. Thank you

KayyCee

Sep 26, 2021
Reactions: songan

KayyCee

Sep 26, 2021
"Gucci posted to their Instagram story a new upcoming collab with fellow design house COMME des GARÇONS, seemingly bringing back a new rendition of its popular co-branded tote bags as a part of their centennial celebration."

The tote bags launch on October 15, 2021.

SOURCE: http://hypebeast.com/2021/10/comme...psule-collection-teaser-new-tote-release-info

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Apologies to those who are fans of the piece but it's so strange how both brands, known for their forward thinking and unconventional styling can come up with something so absolutely bland and boring when they get together. Must have taken them less a minute to design a "big black shiny tote with Web-stipe and CdG logo" :shucks: Cheap to make and high mark-up - sold.

Feb 13, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Apologies to those who are fans of the piece but it's so strange how both brands, known for their forward thinking and unconventional styling can come up with something so absolutely bland and boring when they get together. Must have taken them less a minute to design a "big black shiny tote with Web-stipe and CdG logo" :shucks: Cheap to make and high mark-up - sold.
Agree! But there is a cotton lining and TWO interior labels! :biggrin:

Anyone know what the retail was on this? I am just curious. For future reference:

Reactions: songan