Golden Goose

mary333

Mar 27, 2011
Sunny Coast, USA
I’ve actually gotten an in depth crash course in the 2 previously from someone who has them both.

View attachment 4806087

Left is Slide, right is Francy.

View attachment 4806088

Left is insole of a size 38 Francy. Right is insole of a size 39 SS.

View attachment 4806089

Left - Right. Size 38 Slide, Size 38 Francy, Size 39 superstar.

View attachment 4806090

toe boxes of the two. Slides are flatter and wider.
Great post and super helpful! Thank you for taking the time to do this!

Reactions: scivolare

mary333

Mar 27, 2011
Sunny Coast, USA
I made a thread but I think I was supposed to post here instead. Wondering you you all could help me..I was looking for any advice or tips. I ordered a size 39 and it felt slightly tight in the toebox, the 40 slips off my heel a bit but feels comfortable. Which one would you go with?

shouls I do 39 and change the insole? Thank you!!
I find they stretch quite a bit as you wear them so I’d go with the 39 and stretch the toe box the way I did, the freezer technique. (I posted pics a few pages back.) Or you could keep the 40 and wear a thicker sock. I’m in between sizes for the Superstar but the Slides and Running Soles I do well with sizing down. I hope that helps! The struggle is real!

scivolare

O.G.
Apr 27, 2008
Great post and super helpful! Thank you for taking the time to do this!
You’re welcome! Hopefully the person who sent me the pictures won’t mind. I went kind of crazy trying to understand Francys in June when I saw a LAB pair I thought I had to have. But ultimately, I feel like I just really love Slides. I think I prefer them over SSs, and their comfort is unparalleled. So it seemed silly to spend so much on a pair where the style wasn’t necessarily my favorite.

Reactions: mary333

scivolare

O.G.
Apr 27, 2008
Shoot! I did this a bit late. Looks like the boards are part of my post. The toe box on the Francy is supposedly the same as an SS, just a bit taller. So if you struggle with the toe box in the SS, or have a wider foot, sizing down may not work quite as well as it does for the Slide.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
39 IMO. I got 38s as my first pair and they slip so bad. 38s slip less and aren't really any smaller in toe box.
I made a thread but I think I was supposed to post here instead. Wondering you you all could help me..I was looking for any advice or tips. I ordered a size 39 and it felt slightly tight in the toebox, the 40 slips off my heel a bit but feels comfortable. Which one would you go with?

shouls I do 39 and change the insole? Thank you!!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I only wear mine when running around with the kid. Am I the only one who hates socks with them? They do take off my toe gel polish sometimes & thats annoying but whatevs. So cute!!
View attachment 4806091 View attachment 4806092
I hate socks with mine too. They eat my socks, lol! My socks slide under my foot because the shoes are heavy and slide up/down a bit. I found these really strange looking socks from Target that cover just my toes and I swear by them with my GG.

• Haha
Reactions: mrsirrgang

CM SF

Jan 13, 2014
I’ve actually gotten an in depth crash course in the 2 previously from someone who has them both.

View attachment 4806087

Left is Slide, right is Francy.

View attachment 4806088

Left is insole of a size 38 Francy. Right is insole of a size 39 SS.

View attachment 4806089

Left - Right. Size 38 Slide, Size 38 Francy, Size 39 superstar.

View attachment 4806090

toe boxes of the two. Slides are flatter and wider.
Thanks for sharing! It doesn’t look like the Francy’s would be the right fit for me but I’m so tempted by a glitter patchwork pair. I just recently sized up to a 40 in the Slides and they fit perfect out of the box which makes me so happy !

mary333

Mar 27, 2011
Sunny Coast, USA
You’re welcome! Hopefully the person who sent me the pictures won’t mind. I went kind of crazy trying to understand Francys in June when I saw a LAB pair I thought I had to have. But ultimately, I feel like I just really love Slides. I think I prefer them over SSs, and their comfort is unparalleled. So it seemed silly to spend so much on a pair where the style wasn’t necessarily my favorite.
I agree with you, the Slides are my favorite and much more comfortable than the SS. The Running Soles feel great right oit of the box as well but I’m still not sure if the style of them is my favorite.