Doubt about size Antigona mini

viola84

O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
Breda
Hey Everyone!

I finally did it! I bit the bullet to buy one after finding one in the perfect color on a pre-loved website. It just came in, in excellent condition and it is beautiful!
But......I opened the box and was surprised by how mini it is.
I did a lot of research about the size (looked at youtube and mod shots) and I was so sure I wanted the mini because I do not carry a lot and it would fit my lifestyle more. Also, the small one looked too big for my needs.
Usually, I only carry my phone, mini wallet, tissues, lip balm, and a water bottle but it does not fit my bottle :sad: Also when I did my research and I saw the mod shots, the bag looked bigger!
Maybe it's because I am bigger build, also I am pregnant and look like a whale!

What do you guys think? (sorry for the bad photo, we are moving houses so I do not have a full-size mirror in this house (which I found out is quite inconvenient and I am wearing my working at home corona outfit haha)

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I think this size looks really good on you, not too bulky, not too small. The strap length is also perfect. And the color you picked is gorgeous!

The Antigona is very roomy due to its depth and shape, and the stuff you mentioned you carry with you should fit inside the mini size with no problem. Do you put the water bottle vertically? If the lid is secure, perhaps you could put it horizontally? Or switch to a different bottle, somethings that's maybe wider but shorter?

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
Agree with the others. This size looks great on you, and love the color too. If you really find it bothersome about the water bottle, consider collapsible/foldable version. The bag is too pretty to not find a workaround!

lulu212121

O.G.
Jan 1, 2007
I think it looks nice on you! I like the size, too! I am really wanting one. I just haven't found the color I want, but definitely this small size.

Reactions: viola84

viola84

O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
Breda
Hi everyone, me again :smile: I kept de Antigona and still really like it but after using it I realized I do not love it! I do think it does not fit a whole lot and yes the mouth where a lot of people complain about I agree, it's super small. MY bf said: you have that quite often right? Buying a bag and it is just not that...... Maybe the perfect bag does not exchist? What do you guys think? Do you still love the bag? maybe it is just not a everyday bag for me.... Now I am doubting that I should have gotten the speedy b 25.....

thegal_herbag

Apr 18, 2021
Hello, OP and others, I would love your opinion on this a few months down. I'm also looking to buy an Antigona in croc embossed print and I cannot decide between the small and the mini. I had originally wanted the mini, but am now having doubts. Would love your honest opinion on whether you continued to like the mini or you wish you had bought the small.

I like to carry very little and wear my bag crossbody, but like OP am wondering if it will be too little and tight.
Can I wear the small Antigona crossbody too? Also, will a croc print look too loud on the small (vs a mini)? Would love your thoughts!

HarlemBagLady

MissHarlemBagLady
Dec 14, 2020
NYC
Hello, OP and others, I would love your opinion on this a few months down. I'm also looking to buy an Antigona in croc embossed print and I cannot decide between the small and the mini. I had originally wanted the mini, but am now having doubts. Would love your honest opinion on whether you continued to like the mini or you wish you had bought the small.

I like to carry very little and wear my bag crossbody, but like OP am wondering if it will be too little and tight.
Can I wear the small Antigona crossbody too? Also, will a croc print look too loud on the small (vs a mini)? Would love your thoughts!
I also had a hard time deciding between the mini and the small. I just ordered mine on Fashionphile last week. I went with the mini. It should be arriving any day now.