Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Nov 21, 2020
Thank you so much! Those measurements were bothering me, had to use my measuring tape and compare with Cameron CB and Allison CB...depth of over 5 inches is larger than both...and then EW positioning...seems like a bigger purse to me...I liked the shape of satchels just not the carry or opening...this seems like a lot less smile...not sure why Dooney is selling bags they can't deliver for a few months? Are they being hand made to order or as we speak? I hope that means good quality. I am obsessing over getting the Laurel CB in Natural too...but want to check out at least one...then I may miss the sale....what to do?

Aug 13, 2014
Thank you so much! Those measurements were bothering me, had to use my measuring tape and compare with Cameron CB and Allison CB...depth of over 5 inches is larger than both...and then EW positioning...seems like a bigger purse to me...I liked the shape of satchels just not the carry or opening...this seems like a lot less smile...not sure why Dooney is selling bags they can't deliver for a few months? Are they being hand made to order or as we speak? I hope that means good quality. I am obsessing over getting the Laurel CB in Natural too...but want to check out at least one...then I may miss the sale....what to do?
PF: of course you are obsessing about the Laurel in Natural. You are a confirmed Florentine 'collector'. :smile:
Happens to me all the time.... I buy multiple colors during a sale before I have used even 1 bag in that
style. Don't want to miss out. I keep telling myself not to do it again. I listen to that great advice
about half the time.

Let's look at this logically.....
if you order the natural too, what is your risk or downside?
As I see it, you might have to return all of them to Dooney at $7.50+tax return cost
(using their label). So that's about $25 out of pocket not returned to you when you
send them back.
Also, Dooney might tie up your credit card with the cost of all the bags as soon as you order.
I don't know how this works for advance orders. But in my experience they bill your CC
as soon as the order is placed. Then your available credit limit is lower even if the bags
are advance order for months. And, Dooney might actually process the charge,
even tho the bags are advance order. Then you have to call your CC company and
dispute the charge and manage the issue until the bag is shipped or the order is eventually
cancelled. That's a hassle.

On the plus side, you are reserving a bag you think you will really like at a 30% off sale price.

Is that enough of a discount or will there be a better sale somewhere else in a few months?
Who knows.

I guess it comes down to how much you really, really want 3 of this style now (or soon).
If it helps, I just ordered 2 Brahmin bags, at only 30% off, because I wanted them and got
tired of waiting for the color and style and leather to be available since it's an older collection.
I know I paid more than I should have..... in the sense that they are expensive and I like to
save half or more on expensive bags. But I did it anyway. I have no room for more bags,
but I never buy them unless I have the money and all my bills are paid and all my obligations
and savings are taken care of. So.... it's my money.... handbags vs. cars vs. trips vs eating
out vs fancy coffee vs luxury brand bags and shoes and jewelry. We all make our choices.
I choose Dooney and Brahmin and sometimes Coach.... all on sale. Works for me.
And now I'm off to bag ban island while my penny jar gets refilled.

Nov 21, 2020
Yes....these bags are my thing ..especially with buying smaller cute sizes....the pennies stretch even further...storage is also soooo much easier LOL....natural is my only consistency...crossbody is also becoming a consistency...brought out my black Cameron to wear....ummmm too big and heavy compared to CB Cameron...thinking Nylon with CBs when I need to carry more...the freedom of crossbody and utility of the nylon may be the combo I am looking for...I think will order that natural laurel CB and return what I don't like...it's worth the $7.50 to me to make the correct color decision for natural.....

Brendutch

Jun 28, 2015
Hello ladies! My prayers have been answered! I was looking for an Ivy Flo , and guess what I just saw? Yep, a new Leighton Florentine tote in QVC. However, it’s almost $500 ( with shipping and taxes)and has very cheap looking feet. What do you think? The feet maybe a dealbreaker :sad:
2F33BF57-438F-4210-8E39-6BD94BBC88AD. 5D79F313-3BEC-4E9C-9F9C-F69E01E0D2A1.

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle
Nov 21, 2020
I ran over to QVC to check it out...florentine with a metal tag and not a leather one too...interesting. Yes, the nub feet would bother me...and no leather tag...beautiful colors tho. A different kind of florentine bag than I've ever seen from Dooney. Let us know your decision.....:smile:

Reactions: Brendutch

RuedeNesle

Rue de Nesle, Paris
Jan 12, 2013
Hello ladies! My prayers have been answered! I was looking for an Ivy Flo , and guess what I just saw? Yep, a new Leighton Florentine tote in QVC. However, it’s almost $500 ( with shipping and taxes)and has very cheap looking feet. What do you think? The feet maybe a dealbreaker :sad:
View attachment 5191548 View attachment 5191549
Mornin' B! :hugs:

I watched the show Friday and again on replay yesterday. Jane raved about this bag in Ivy! Of course she loves green bags in general, but this bag in Ivy is truly beautiful! Don't let the feet stop you from buying it. I almost let that stop me from getting my Avatar bag, which has the same feet. (That, and web strap instead of a leather strap.) But I'm so happy I got it. I carried it for four months straight and never thought about the feet. I used it as my carry-on bag once, and the web strap proved to be the most comfortable strap for crossbody through a big airport. Unfortunately the bag was too heavy with all my junk to get a second chance as a carry-on bag.

Anyway, when the Florentine Toscana line debuted all the bags in this line have those feet. No, you won't hear the sound of the feet clicking when you sit it down, (I do love that sound! :smile: ) but you will be happy about how easily it stays sitting up on most* surfaces. (*It sat up on every surface I put it on, just disclaiming because I didn't put it on every surface.) I'm sure I have pics somewhere in this forum, but if you type in A286136 in the search box on QVC (it's no longer available so a link won't work), you'll see the bag and my review. If you sort reviews by "Photo Reviews first" mine will be the first review. (SIU Mom - my old nic from the QVC forum days. :smile: )

Please let us know what you decide!

Brendutch

Jun 28, 2015
I ran over to QVC to check it out...florentine with a metal tag and not a leather one too...interesting. Yes, the nub feet would bother me...and no leather tag...beautiful colors tho. A different kind of florentine bag than I've ever seen from Dooney. Let us know your decision.....:smile:

I watched the show Friday and again on replay yesterday. Jane raved about this bag in Ivy! Of course she loves green bags in general, but this bag in Ivy is truly beautiful! Don't let the feet stop you from buying it. I almost let that stop me from getting my Avatar bag, which has the same feet. (That, and web strap instead of a leather strap.) But I'm so happy I got it. I carried it for four months straight and never thought about the feet. I used it as my carry-on bag once, and the web strap proved to be the most comfortable strap for crossbody through a big airport. Unfortunately the bag was too heavy with all my junk to get a second chance as a carry-on bag.

Anyway, when the Florentine Toscana line debuted all the bags in this line have those feet. No, you won't hear the sound of the feet clicking when you sit it down, (I do love that sound! :smile: ) but you will be happy about how easily it stays sitting up on most* surfaces. (*It sat up on every surface I put it on, just disclaiming because I didn't put it on every surface.) I'm sure I have pics somewhere in this forum, but if you type in A286136 in the search box on QVC (it's no longer available so a link won't work), you'll see the bag and my review. If you sort reviews by "Photo Reviews first" mine will be the first review. (SIU Mom - my old nic from the QVC forum days. :smile: )

Hello! It is gorgeous, isn’t it? But I think I’m going to wait. Lately, QVC is lowering the price of several Dooneys a few weeks after . Sometimes $100 off. I know they tend to sell out quickly, but I will kick myself if this happens again. Meanwhile, I’m waiting for the Patent Zip Tote ( $119 at ILD), and tomorrow a new Disney Dooney collection will be released ( Jerrod Maruyama). So, Peter Dooney take all my money…!!! LOL!

RuedeNesle

Rue de Nesle, Paris
Jan 12, 2013
Hello! It is gorgeous, isn’t it? But I think I’m going to wait. Lately, QVC is lowering the price of several Dooneys a few weeks after . Sometimes $100 off. I know they tend to sell out quickly, but I will kick myself if this happens again. Meanwhile, I’m waiting for the Patent Zip Tote ( $119 at ILD), and tomorrow a new Disney Dooney collection will be released ( Jerrod Maruyama). So, Peter Dooney take all my money…!!! LOL!
Good idea to wait. I re-read my review and if I could change anything it would be the part about paying full price being worth it. It was worth it as far as being impatient and not waiting, but if I had known that line was going to be reduced by.......FIFTY PERCENT a few months after debuting I would have certainly sat on my hands. I figured at most it would be $50.00 off in a few months. I can't wait to see your patent zip tote and the new Disney Dooney collection!

Reactions: Brendutch

Brendutch

Jun 28, 2015

I searched for the bag at QVC, and you are right, the Toscana Domed Satchel has the same feet. Thank you for sending the item number! :flowers: