Docride's Hermes Lazarus Thread (can this Hermes be Saved? )

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
This was a good question someone sent me a PM so I’m placing it here

CIT1976 said:
Hi Docride! Can a heat stamp with gold letters be altered to fix the second letter if my name changed? Thank you ❤
You mean you had a monogram heat stamped with gold foil right?
and now you want to know if a letter could be changed right?

well the gold could be lifted out but the imprint of the letter will remain…
So trying to put a new letter there might be possible but it might not stay crisp and sharp looking for long and the other original letter imprint would be there still

so it probably wouldn’t look very good

a few exceptions might be original letter
P. To change to B. For instance or I to L
For instance E to B
Etc …. So it does depend on what is acceptable to you and weather Hernes wants to do it or not .
All the best doc

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Hi Doc, the splits are small and superficial but if they could effect the bag over time I might want to return it and search for a better one. Thanks! I circled the splits in these pics there’s only a couple and the leather does not feel dry or hard. View attachment 5239119
Hi I’d focus on getting this bag spa-ed it is showing you it got too dry .
then a little color touchup by the craftsman during spa. I do not think putting a crack filler would be particularly helpful or give a nice look .
I hope this helped ?
all the best doc

Reactions: BAGLADY-SHOEFLY

BAGLADY-SHOEFLY

In Love & Luxe
O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Here
Hi I’d focus on getting this bag spa-ed it is showing you it got too dry .
then a little color touchup by the craftsman during spa. I do not think putting a crack filler would be particularly helpful or give a nice look .
I hope this helped ?
all the best doc
Great! I was just wondering if those cracks would be a reason to pass on this bag. If you think its worthy of breathing new life into, that’s perfect!

Reactions: docride

lynn55

Oct 31, 2021
Hello everyone
I'm back after the summer and I'm starting a new thread or two to help me help you
First up is this thread
The Docride's Hermes Lazarus thread
Here you can post questions and links and photos of Hermes leather bags and accessories and ask if they can be restored fixed or used as a planter ?
I look forward to answering your questions
All the best doc

lynn55

Oct 31, 2021
Hi. I purchased a Herbag 31 with the waterproof canvas. Not knowing any better I assumed it was reversible, like the others. I revised it to the contrasting side and when I put it back to the black side I have wrinkles. Anyway to get these out and how? Thanks
Hello everyone
I'm back after the summer and I'm starting a new thread or two to help me help you
First up is this thread
The Docride's Hermes Lazarus thread
Here you can post questions and links and photos of Hermes leather bags and accessories and ask if they can be restored fixed or used as a planter ?
I look forward to answering your questions
All the best doc

Attachments

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Hi. I purchased a Herbag 31 with the waterproof canvas. Not knowing any better I assumed it was reversible, like the others. I revised it to the contrasting side and when I put it back to the black side I have wrinkles. Anyway to get these out and how? Thanks
Hi
I’m not very handy with coated canvas and or vinyl. I’d just stuff it and see if it helps ?
Best regards
Doc

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Hi docride, I bought this bag (k28 vintage box) last year from a reseller. This week I found white patches like this. What’s happening? Thanks so much in advance for your input! Docride, you have been so helpful! It was also due to your encouragement I bought the bag.
Hi there !
This is rubbed /white looking area is wear (worn away top skin of the leather ) from using a shoulder strap on a single D-ring type Kelly . The original Kelly bag design was t even sold with a shoulder strap , later it could be bought a la cart as a special order . People wanted to use a shoulder strap on what was a hand carry purse. Now a days Kelly’s are equipped with a double D-ring which takes the stress off of the leather on the handle attachment base area.
I hope this helped?
all the best
Doc

Nov 16, 2020
Hi Doc, I bought a GP Amazonia knowing I’d be okay to lose the small amount I invested if it couldn’t be fixed. I’ve gone through many threads and I have purchased armeral wipes which seem to help but the coated canvas is still incredibly dry. Any thoughts or tips? Curious if there is some sort of coating I could put on it. Thanks so much!

Attachments

missBV

O.G.
Jun 3, 2009
Hi there !
This is rubbed /white looking area is wear (worn away top skin of the leather ) from using a shoulder strap on a single D-ring type Kelly . The original Kelly bag design was t even sold with a shoulder strap , later it could be bought a la cart as a special order . People wanted to use a shoulder strap on what was a hand carry purse. Now a days Kelly’s are equipped with a double D-ring which takes the stress off of the leather on the handle attachment base area.
I hope this helped?
all the best
Doc
thank you so much! You’ve been amazing offering so much advice to the people here! Happy thanksgiving!

Reactions: docride

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Hi Doc, I bought a GP Amazonia knowing I’d be okay to lose the small amount I invested if it couldn’t be fixed. I’ve gone through many threads and I have purchased armeral wipes which seem to help but the coated canvas is still incredibly dry. Any thoughts or tips? Curious if there is some sort of coating I could put on it. Thanks so much!
Hi there ,
We’ll that Amazonia material is a rubber composite of some sort …when it dries out it cracks and flakes off of the underlying canvas….so it might not be salvageable to go back to original if it’s already cracking and flaking …However there are some options…you can prep it and have it coated with some acrylic type paints which have good flex…you can do a cool art design or just do a matching to original brown. You might have a professional do it for you or maybe you want to have some fun and fix it yourself. I have heard Hermes does not accept Amazonia bags in for repairs …( check on that first) if they do t accept it for repairs and you got a great price … why not restore it or reinvent it with some art work ?
all the best , doc

Reactions: stephsposhlife

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
AB Ranch Montana USA
Hi docride,
Would it be easy to remove these ink stains (or maybe dirt stains?) from this bag (mostly on the bottom)?

Hi there ( forgive my late response )
The ink we will assume has been there for more than 48hrs …and has enough time to have migrated through the finish and into the leathers organic surface….
So even with an ink killer in the hands of a professional you will remove the orange original color in the process of removing the ink and or some of the stain from the ink will remain and in both cases a color touch up would be necessary to make it look it’s best.
It’s a great bag and I love the color !
I hope this helped ?
All the best ,doc

Reactions: mursepurse