Detaching Cassandra Strap

Jul 25, 2013
Hello everyone!

I have a Cassandra top handle bag that has a leather strap. I read in the product description online that the strap is detachable/removable. Because of that, I bought a chain for my bag that I was hoping to interchange with the leather strap. However, I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the strap! I can’t get the adjustment piece through the bag hole where you remove it from.

Could someone please explain to me how to detach it. Thank you!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Canada
mobsworldtravel.blogspot.ca
Are you talking about this part? I don’t have a Cassandra but another bag with the same method of detachable straps. The holes look like they have slits at the bottom so you should be able to wiggle them open enough to get the metal studs through. If the leather is stiff it may take some effort.

38129772-95A6-45B2-83F4-3DCD42FCDA34.jpeg

Reactions: cherriefairy

cherriefairy

May 8, 2020
London, UK
Are you talking about this part? I don’t have a Cassandra but another bag with the same method of detachable straps. The holes look like they have slits at the bottom so you should be able to wiggle them open enough to get the metal studs through. If the leather is stiff it may take some effort.

View attachment 5221889
Yep that’s exactly what I’m referring to. Whilst there are slits, the hole almost feels too tight. Will try it again and see how it goes :flowers: