covid infections rising in south korea and quarantine free travel

K Couture

Dec 3, 2013
Australia
So i've been monitoring the covid case numbers to try to predict when quarantine travel will be allowed for my country and I think its looking a bit grim. Domestic covid restrictions in South Korea is meant to dminish by Dec but I just read that health authorities in SK have suggested that was a good idea if the case loads keep going up the way it is. All in all, I think it will affect more countries being put on the double vacc = quarantine free entry. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Looking at the trends it seems during the winter season, as we can see in the EU, the virus spreads much more quickly due to people being indoors more. Thats one of the reasons the EU has cited anyway. And SK infections been shooting up since winter began. That and I believe much of the already double vacced population now requires booster shots since the vaccine effects last about 6 months apparently.

What im also concerned about is not just when they will allow people from my country who are double vacced to avoid hotel quarantine, but what will the affect be if I get covid whilst recovering from surgery. Even before I was double vacced I wasn't concerned about getting covid. But my worry now is that I will be undergoing either deep sedation or general anesthesia, both of which weakens your immune system temporarily, the former being slightly less. I wonder how if I contract covid it would affect me now having a weakened immune system, or my healing process. Healing process in the sense of when if I have a constant coughing fit, it might put pressure on my surgical wounds. -_-

Is anyone else concerned about this or am I being overly cautious

showledger2

Oct 17, 2021
I think I am also from the same country as you and our PM recently said we will open a travel bubble to Korea soon. Do you think this will affect the decision of the Korean authorities to allow tourists from our country?

K Couture

Dec 3, 2013
Australia
I think I am also from the same country as you and our PM recently said we will open a travel bubble to Korea soon. Do you think this will affect the decision of the Korean authorities to allow tourists from our country?
OMG YOURE RIGHT I JUST GOOGLED IT! It seems in a few weeks it will be finalized! Oh thank god. Once the agreement has been reached for the travel bubble yes we can simply apply for the K-Eta online and attach our double vacc certificate and get in without 2 weeks in hotel quanrantine. Ahhh im so excited. Literally been 2 years since I had any upgades. I woke up yesterday morning and was like, crap im starting to age again. I need my beauty injections, my endo forehead lift, my lips done and zygoma touch up. I cant wait

Reactions: showledger2

showledger2

Oct 17, 2021
Do you know if it is certain Korea will open visas or K-ETA to Australia once we open our travel bubble with them? Called the Korean embassy just then and they said they can't specify anything for now because they haven't received any notice from Korea.

Jun 5, 2020
Do you know if it is certain Korea will open visas or K-ETA to Australia once we open our travel bubble with them? Called the Korean embassy just then and they said they can't specify anything for now because they haven't received any notice from Korea.
Please lets me know as well i also will flight from sydney to korea but seem the restriction stil happening:sad:

K Couture

Dec 3, 2013
Australia
Yes its certain. 100%. You cant have an open travel bubble with visas and K-Eta being closed. That would literally make no sense and is not what a travel bubble is. Travel bubble = quarantine free ease of travel including for non essential purposes, which includes tourism.

seoulsister

Jan 31, 2020
Yes, I am worried too. I have been monitoring SK's Covid cases every few months. It's actually increasing :sad:
I'm worried about being on the plane with all that recycled air :sad:
I can't wait to go back though- best docs in the world
Good luck

miiigooksaram

Feb 11, 2020
Just so you guys know, things are decided here on a week-to-week basis. Though the government says they plan to do this or that, everything is done in a very last-minute manner. It's pretty much a "let's wait and see" game, and has been since the start of COVID.

I hope everyone is being safe, and that this more recent surge dies down soon-ish. Such a headache!

K Couture

Dec 3, 2013
Australia
Just so you guys know, things are decided here on a week-to-week basis. Though the government says they plan to do this or that, everything is done in a very last-minute manner. It's pretty much a "let's wait and see" game, and has been since the start of COVID.

I hope everyone is being safe, and that this more recent surge dies down soon-ish. Such a headache!
This is true. I was planning for mid this year when they were gonna do a travel bubble with us but delta happened and it all went to the shiat

Dec 26, 2020
This will be the end of the world as we know it. Today's headline:
New Botswana variant with 32 'horrific' mutations is the most evolved Covid strain EVER and could be 'worse than Delta' - as expert says it may have emerged in an HIV patient

Only 10 cases of the strain, which could be named 'Nu', have been detected so far but it has been spotted in Botswana, South Africa and Hong Kong, suggesting it's more widespread. Hong Kong a hop, skip and a jump away from SK and Australia.

hvyln

Aug 5, 2021
This will be the end of the world as we know it. Today's headline:
New Botswana variant with 32 'horrific' mutations is the most evolved Covid strain EVER and could be 'worse than Delta' - as expert says it may have emerged in an HIV patient

Only 10 cases of the strain, which could be named 'Nu', have been detected so far but it has been spotted in Botswana, South Africa and Hong Kong, suggesting it's more widespread. Hong Kong a hop, skip and a jump away from SK and Australia.
"The B.1.1529 strain, which could soon be named Nu, carries 32 mutations of which many are highly transmissible and vaccine resistant."

Why do I get this gut feeling that another national-level lockdown is coming? :shocked:

Last edited:

miiigooksaram

Feb 11, 2020
Welp. I guess it's a good thing that I'm about to take a 6-month mental health vacation. With the way that people are dining out and walking around with NO MASKS here on the street lately, it's about to be a bad time for SK.

peachiie

May 18, 2020
Yes, I am worried too. I have been monitoring SK's Covid cases every few months. It's actually increasing :sad:
I'm worried about being on the plane with all that recycled air :sad:
I can't wait to go back though- best docs in the world
Good luck
The way they recycle the air on planes is through HEPA filters, which are also used in operating rooms, so I wouldn’t worry to much about that aspect of it. There’s a lot of evidence that shows flying is pretty safe if you follow the safety precautions like wearing a mask and distancing yourself from others.

K Couture

Dec 3, 2013
Australia
"The B.1.1529 strain, which could soon be named Nu, carries 32 mutations of which many are highly transmissible and vaccine resistant."

Why do I get this gut feeling that another national-level lockdown is coming? :shocked:
So over in oz theres been several cases to room to room infections during hotel quarantine. And in Hong Kong it seems the spread of the 5 ppl infected occured during the hotel quarantine when a man returning from South african was using one of those filter masks and passed it to the guy across the hall in another room. -_-

Dec 26, 2020
The new S African strain, Omicron is described as variant with 32 'horrific' mutations is the most evolved Covid strain EVER and could be 'worse than Delta'. Pfizer and Moderna etc are rushing to tweak their vaccines. So if this vaccine comes to the market that will be our FOURTH jab until another variant happens. Never ending jabs.
Most vaccines that at least 5 years of testing before it's approved. We prob won't die from COVID but 10 years down the line we'll have blood cancer...