COACH Hall of Shame - Post Coach fakes here!

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
seller ChiChiDivaVintage

I've never had much success in having Etsy respond to reports but perhaps if there are many reports, they might act. (Note that seller was made aware and hasn't responded nor ended listing.)

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Chicago
seller ChiChiDivaVintage

I've never had much success in having Etsy respond to reports but perhaps if there are many reports, they might act. (Note that seller was made aware and hasn't responded nor ended listing.)

Still listed. I reported it this morning.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
seller ChiChiDivaVintage

Still listed. I reported it this morning.
AFAIK, Etsy is like Poshmark -- unless you get an honest seller who ends her own listing when informed that she has a fake, listings don't get removed when reported.

In this case, a little birdie told me that ChiChiDivaVintage was made aware that the bag is fake but clearly, she doesn't care about ripping off a buyer for over $100.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.18.10 PM.png

snappletini

Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone. I think this is fake, and I want to report it to Goodwill.

Item: Coach Vintage Green Leather Flap Crossbody w/COA
Listing number: 96710592
Serial: No. L4K-9946
Seller and site where listed: Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.
Link: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/96710592

Last edited:

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA

You are correct and this is yet another example of an Entrupy mistake.

Goodwill has been using Entrupy for their "authentications" but with Entrupy's record of being wrong (probably) 50% of the time, Goodwill has been selling a LOT of fakes with inaccurate COAs.

(And I now have another set of photos to add to my "Entrupy Mistakes" folder!)

ETA: Goodwill really needs to rethink using Entrupy. I can't count how many Goodwill/Entrupy mistakes have been posted just in the Coach subforum! And I don't want to think about how many other mistakes this artificial intelligence company has made.

LOL! They don't know how accurate "artificial" intelligence really is to describe themselves!

Last edited:

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Chicago

You are correct and this is yet another example of an Entrupy mistake.

Goodwill has been using Entrupy for their "authentications" but with Entrupy's record of being wrong (probably) 50% of the time, Goodwill has been selling a LOT of fakes with inaccurate COAs.

(And I now have another set of photos to add to my "Entrupy Mistakes" folder!)

ETA: Goodwill really needs to rethink using Entrupy. I can't count how many Goodwill/Entrupy mistakes have been posted just in the Coach subforum! And I don't want to think about how many other mistakes this artificial intelligence company has made.

LOL! They don't know how accurate "artificial" intelligence really is to describe themselves!

For anyone who's reporting
That "K" plant code has never been used for any USA plant. The K code was only used for a China plant that didn't even open until 1999. The year code in the fake is for 1994.

Another HUGE red flag is that style number 9946 as shown in the serial number belongs to a Nicholas DRAWSTRING, which as the name says was a drawstring bag, while this fake looks like it's pretending to be a City Bag which has a Flap, not a drawstring.

There are other problems with this City Bag wannabee too, like the strap mounting, a strap with the buckle almost in the center of the strap instead of the 12 to 15 inches from the end used on genuine Coaches, so when someone's carrying it, the buckle sits uncomfortably right on top of their shoulder, and the base, but the above mistakes are the biggies.

Last edited:

snappletini

Apr 29, 2020
For anyone who's reporting
That "K" plant code has never been used for any USA plant. The K code was only used for a China plant that didn't even open until 1999. The year code in the fake is for 1994.

Another HUGE red flag is that style number 9946 as shown in the serial number belongs to a Nicholas DRAWSTRING, which as the name says was a drawstring bag, while this fake looks like it's pretending to be a City Bag which has a Flap, not a drawstring.

There are other problems with this City Bag wannabee too, like the strap mounting, a strap with the buckle almost in the center of the strap instead of the 12 to 15 inches from the end used on genuine Coaches, so when someone's carrying it, the buckle sits uncomfortably right on top of their shoulder, and the base, but the above mistakes are the biggies.
Thank you Hyacinth and Been Burned. I reported it using the verbiage from Hyacinth. Hopefully they end the auction since there is a bidder.

Thanks!

Steph_86

Jun 4, 2020
I wasn't quick enough to get the sellers name as it disappeared soon after I reported it when I was trying to copy the link from Mercari. I was able to grab a screenshot of this horrible creed, so I figured I'd post it as an example. It's the worst creed that I've encountered so far.

Screenshot_20200627-215936_Mercari.gif

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Chicago
I wasn't quick enough to get the sellers name as it disappeared soon after I reported it when I was trying to copy the link from Mercari. I was able to grab a screenshot of this horrible creed, so I figured I'd post it as an example. It's the worst creed that I've encountered so far.

View attachment 4773955

OooH, you haven't seen any of the old Korea fake creeds then, have you?

101-75_blessingforyou87_gibberish creed-lg-a.gif

303-28_Prescott Brief_ WALTER223-mangled creed+marXings+punctuation-oct2018-a.gif

0974-534_COWLADY9495-a.gif

and we can't leave out China, click on the thumbnails to open

7022_spelling.gif

Full-CRAW fake creed.JPG

and from our friends at Goodwill of Southern Wisconsin, the Grand Finale, to make up for all those fireworks displays a lot of us will be missing thie weekend

creeds_Korean fakes-Goodwill S Wisc 2019.gif

I hope you don't mind if I add your new one to my collection?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA

View attachment 4774206

View attachment 4774207

View attachment 4774210

View attachment 4774211

View attachment 4774214

and from our friends at Goodwill of Southern Wisconsin, the Grand Finale, to make up for all those fireworks displays a lot of us will be missing thie weekend

View attachment 4774260

I've added it too!

Steph_86

Jun 4, 2020

View attachment 4774206

View attachment 4774207

View attachment 4774210

View attachment 4774211

View attachment 4774214

View attachment 4774260

I don't mind at all! I knew immediately when I saw the bag that it was fake. Nothing was centered. I wish I could've gotten more screenshots.

Thank you for sharing all of those. LOL! Especially the Korean ones. I have never seen any Korean ones before. I still can't quit giggling over "The variations in the chair are characteristic of full craw leather " That's priceless!

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Same fake brass key rings listed over and over, several sold yet more show up for sale.
This seller scammed me, and I got my refund, but I left a neutral feedback, (got refund but fake items), and my feedback was deleted. I wonder if other buyers are doing the same, returning items but no feedback shows. I can not believe this guy has dozens of fake key rings.
Seller: stevan01
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Bras...077397?hash=item1f06dc2715:g:7lwAAOSw5lxdPyc3
Just wanted to post an update.
stevan01 had sold his (her?) last brass keychain. I'm not sure whether all the others were removed or sold but they aren't showing in the completed listings:
stevan01 fake brass waverly.png

Apparently there's a second ID being used because earlier today, there was a listing for one of the fake brass daypack keychains listed by vintageoldarts with a description and listing style similar to stevan01's and "coincidentally" both sellers from the same city and state.

Here's the second ID to watch:

DO NOT BUY FROM STEVAN01 or VINTAGEOLDARTS.

Listings referred to above have been removed.

ETA: Here's a screenshot of the now-removed listing from vintageoldarts:
vintageoldarts fake brass daypack keychain.png

Reactions: WishingonaCoach