Chloe Faye Backpack!

justapixel

Oct 16, 2014
Funny, I bought the small tan yesterday. But the mini can’t up for me at $650.00! I put in my cart, I wish I’d jumped on it, but I decided to look look at the small too, and when I went back to look at the mini it was $800 again. Oh well, I got the small tan for just about half price, can’t complain.

diva7633

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
I have the Small Tan and HIGHLY recommend it at a sale price!!
I bought it and picked it up same day. I’ve bough a few bags already this year so I’m debating keeping it. What do you love about it? I think the problem is I have asked family members and none are crZy about it. Lol

Reactions: MooMooVT

justapixel

Oct 16, 2014
I don’t have mine yet but the reason I got it was because I went shopping the other day. I needed sheets so was in Bed Bath and Beyond. They had no carts so I got a hand basket. I had some little things in the basket, like candles, and put my heav, CA King sheets in. I looked at things at floor level. My handbag was a satchel but I was carrying crossbody, and it kept flopping all over and bumping into stuff as I was bending over. It was really not convenient. I can’t carry too small a bag though, I need my stuff. :smile:.

When I saw the Faye go on sale I realized it’d be perfect for trips like that, when I just need a few things and might be doing bending, etc. Throw it on as a backpack in stores, carry it in hand other times.

Last time I had a backpack bag was 20 years ago and I had little kids. It was a big leather thing, very backpack-looking, but very convenient. They went out of fashion but this Faye is multi-function and modern so I think it’s cool and useful. I’d been looking for a new everyday bag that I’d carry most of the time. I was thinking a leather hobo but had not considered a multifunction bag-until it went on sale!

We’ll see when mine comes what I think when it’s in hand. I’ve seen it before in person and found it gorgeous but at the time, I didn’t want a backpack style. But sometimes, bags just get in the way and being able to put it on your back is so helpful!

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I bought it and picked it up same day. I’ve bough a few bags already this year so I’m debating keeping it. What do you love about it? I think the problem is I have asked family members and none are crZy about it. Lol
The small fits a lot without being a "big" bag/backpack. I tend toward smaller bags and the small Faye Backpack really isn't a big bag at all. I know that can be subjective based on one's individual size. I'm 5'9", but I tend toward very small bags (Coach Dinky's/Saddle's are my daily go-to) and the Small Chloe Faye Backpack is a medium sized bag for me.

diva7633

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
The small fits a lot without being a "big" bag/backpack. I tend toward smaller bags and the small Faye Backpack really isn't a big bag at all. I know that can be subjective based on one's individual size. I'm 5'9", but I tend toward very small bags (Coach Dinky's/Saddle's are my daily go-to) and the Small Chloe Faye Backpack is a medium sized bag for me.
If you don’t mind sharing what do you usually carry in yours?

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
I am also curious to know. Mine arrives next week! :cool:

I currently carry the large Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack but needed an upgrade.

diva7633

O.G.
Jul 7, 2007
1E1D81F6-D6D9-45D9-9E25-1D64A0F3CDEB.jpeg 8D13E680-127D-478C-A9C0-1A3E9C7D184F.jpeg DD2C9633-16F1-464D-BEDD-7491D029FA66.jpeg
I am also curious to know. Mine arrives next week! :cool:

I currently carry the large Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack but needed an upgrade.
I put some in mine but not sure if it’s the right combo the weight is kinda lopsided. I have a card case, hard pack of gum, Sunnies, LV mm agenda, lotion, snack bar, phone charger, pill case, sticker book, pen, some lip glosses and mirror. There’s still room

I just wanted to know what other do

justapixel

Oct 16, 2014
Has anybody tried Collinell spray protectant on theirs? I’ve used it on suede shoes before but I feel like you could see it, just the smallest bit. The shoes were red and I feel like they got the smallest bit darker. I didn’t hate it or anything but you never know. Maybe I oversprayed? I didn’t see it on smooth leather, and also put it on nude suede and didn’t see changes so may have just been red, but I love the two tans together and don’t want them changed.

But ....it’d probably be better than rain and dirt!

carlalim

Aug 12, 2014
Has anybody tried Collinell spray protectant on theirs? I’ve used it on suede shoes before but I feel like you could see it, just the smallest bit. The shoes were red and I feel like they got the smallest bit darker. I didn’t hate it or anything but you never know. Maybe I oversprayed? I didn’t see it on smooth leather, and also put it on nude suede and didn’t see changes so may have just been red, but I love the two tans together and don’t want them changed.

But ....it’d probably be better than rain and dirt!
I sprayed my mini faye backpack in motty grey with the Collonil Vario spray. I didn't notice any darkening of the suede or leather. Did 2 coats if I remember right.

Just a tip: I always open my bag by pulling on the ring rather than pulling on the flap. This avoids the darkening of the suede around the logo that most faye bags/backpacks get (most bags I've seen online or in reviews have a dark patch over the logo area, which is where most people place their thumbs to open the bag).

sw33ti3

Apr 11, 2011
I snagged the mini from Nordstrom's sale - motty gray! Arrives tomorrow :smile:
Does anybody have any recommendations on a good crossbody strap to use with this one?

Lily Maple

Jul 30, 2017
I always loved the Faye backpack, but Im torn between the mini and the small size (I prefer the shape of the mini, but perhaps it s not enough for my stuff) and between the tan and the black one... I already have a Roy in small size/tan, but the look is different. And i dont have a Chloé shop near my city to try them!