Chanel sequin bag or VCA magic long necklace

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
Hello all,
I am having a hard time deciding between VCA long magic Alhambra necklace in Malachite or the Chanel bag i saw yesterday. It was a black and solver sequin bag. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. However I have been saving for necklace and was determined that 2020 will be the year that I will invest more in fine jewelry as I have all the classic Chanel bags that I have ever wanted, including the popular pearl bag from last year. But I have also always wanted the Sequin bag to complete my collection, I also understand that it is very delicate bag and can easily get damaged given the sequins are hanging on one thin thread.
This year I have purchased the malachite earrings in the magic size and was saving for the necklace.
The bag is very well priced ($6,800 AUD) considering the recent price increase. I can only afford one. What would you choose please?
Thank you in advance

Christofle

Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
It’s a tough decision, since you’ve been saving for the necklace for a while and you already have many other Chanel flaps.

Considering you already have matching earrings, I think you should stick to your plan and get the necklace as a set.

Although personally I would choose the sequin flap every time.

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
I'd get the sequin bag if it's THE sequin bag you've been dreaming of. The necklace will always be there!
Thank you for your input. It was so sparkly, I don’t know how often I will use it but I will be staring at it all the time and love it as I have open closet :smile:))

Reactions: Christofle

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
It’s a tough decision, since you’ve been saving for the necklace for a while and you already have many other Chanel flaps.

Considering you already have matching earrings, I think you should stick to your plan and get the necklace as a set.

Although personally I would choose the sequin flap every time.
Thank you for your input :smile: it’s so hard to decide :smile:) if I buy both I will need another lockdown till the end of this year lol

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
Hello all,
I am having a hard time deciding between VCA long magic Alhambra necklace in Malachite or the Chanel bag i saw yesterday. It was a black and solver sequin bag. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. However I have been saving for necklace and was determined that 2020 will be the year that I will invest more in fine jewelry as I have all the classic Chanel bags that I have ever wanted, including the popular pearl bag from last year. But I have also always wanted the Sequin bag to complete my collection, I also understand that it is very delicate bag and can easily get damaged given the sequins are hanging on one thin thread.
This year I have purchased the malachite earrings in the magic size and was saving for the necklace.
The bag is very well priced ($6,800 AUD) considering the recent price increase. I can only afford one. What would you choose please?
Thank you in advance
This is a no-brainer. VCA all the way. If you already have all the Chanel classic bags then I would invest in the VCA necklace. The sequin bag sounds like a fleeting infatuation that you can't even really wear every day. The Magic Pendant however can be styled with just about anything.
(FYI: I love both Chanel & VCA so this is an unbiased opinion).

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.maddyloves.com
I would get the VCA. I love Chanel bags but after a while you have enough bags for all purposes, any other additions after that would just be for collecting purposes. I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
I would get the VCA. I love Chanel bags but after a while you have enough bags for all purposes, any other additions after that would just be for collecting purposes. I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.
I agree with you, VCA is so beautiful :heart:

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.
I must warn you though that one VCA piece quickly ends up into 2, 4, etc. lol. I just purchased my 6th vintage alhambra necklace this month and I'm already thinking about my next piece! :lol:

Reactions: vixen18

pinkrose398

MaddyLoves.com
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.maddyloves.com
I must warn you though that one VCA piece quickly ends up into 2, 4, etc. lol. I just purchased my 6th vintage alhambra necklace this month and I'm already thinking about my next piece! :lol:
Haha! That's amazing, congrats!

You are probably right but I have other things I need to spend money on right now (namely a kitchen reno) so I think I will try to be restrained :smile:

Reactions: Sit

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
Agree VCA can be addictive like any luxury I guess. I went to the store to have another look at the bag and one of the sequins fell off in front of me so delicate and I am so OCD :smile:) I didn’t think we could be a good campanions and left the store without it. Thank you all for your input it helped me a lot.
I will be saving for my necklace and will reveal it here once I get it :smile:

krishteene

Aug 9, 2009
VCA, since it sounds like you have a pretty complete Chanel collection. You can only use one handbag at a time, but you can wear the necklace with the earrings :smile: