Cartier LOVE Bracelet Discussion Thread!

Jdltcb

Feb 13, 2016
I came across this interesting lawsuit:

lexi836

Apr 5, 2021
Hi, did your wife have to take off her bracelet to add that or did you just leave it on and put it around the screw? Mine is starting to get loose so I'm thinking of buying some Loctite
Yes, the screws still come out with no problem, it just takes a little torque and a larger jewelers screwdriver. Part of the problem causing the loose screw issue is that you can't get them tight enough with the Cartier screwdriver. It's sexy but useless! We put Loctite on all Loves here, old or new system. I believe it's Purple Loctite that I use, but double check before you get it. For sure don't use Red or Blue or the screws won't come out...ever!

It's just not worth the hassle of checking the screws all the time and/or worrying about your precious bracelet falling off. Many will say you shouldn't have to use Loctite, and maybe you shouldn't, but I consider it insurance.

avcbob

O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Eastern USA
Hi, did your wife have to take off her bracelet to add that or did you just leave it on and put it around the screw? Mine is starting to get loose so I'm thinking of buying some Loctite
Hi Lexi,

If yours is the new style with the captive screws, you can loosen them as far as possible then drip a tiny amount of LocTite onto the threads. I did one side than the other and never took the bracelet off. If yours is the older type with removeable screws, take them out and put the Loctite on, then replace them. I use the end of a wooden toothpick to drop just a very tiny amount on the screw. You'll still want to check from time to time as I have had them come loose with LocTite, but nothing like without it.

Last edited:
Reactions: south-of-france

RosiePenners

Mar 8, 2020
Hi Lexi,

If yours is the new style with the captive screws, you can loosen them as far as possible then drip a tiny amount of LocTite onto the threads. I did one side than the other and never took the bracelet off. If yours is the older type with removeable screws, take them out and put the Loctite on, then replace them. I use the end of a wooden toothpick to drop just a very tiny amount on the screw. You'll still want to check from time to time as I have had them come loose with LocTite, but nothing like without it.
Quick question, if you use Loctite, how would you eventually get the bracelet off say in an emergency? TIA.

loverose

Feb 18, 2021
Has anyone had their white gold love (non-rhodium plated) polished and noticed a change in the base colour? In some light mine is looking more like a light yellow gold than white gold after getting it back from polish.

Jan 18, 2018
Was looking at the WG Sm Love and see that they don't have a size 19 available. Are they discontinuing the model or just having trouble with inventory at the moment?

scheurin

Jun 25, 2020
The screws still are easy to take out when they have LocTite on them, it just requires a little more effort. It also requires a larger jewelers screwdriver. The little Love screwdriver is useless for getting the screws out with LocTite.
Just to clarify glueing does not mean the bracelet is stuck forever. You just cannot remove and put it on regularly - what you shouldn't do anyhow. Opening again requires much more force. Should be done by a SA.

Had 2 of mine glued before the locks were exchanged.

Dec 4, 2010
Was looking at the WG Sm Love and see that they don't have a size 19 available. Are they discontinuing the model or just having trouble with inventory at the moment?
I think inventory issues at the moment. I just bought the WG SM Love about 2 months ago, size 20. And it was not in stock in my store. My SA found me the last one in the US. And said their production was hit due to Covid

RosiePenners

Mar 8, 2020
The screws still are easy to take out when they have LocTite on them, it just requires a little more effort. It also requires a larger jewelers screwdriver. The little Love screwdriver is useless for getting the screws out with LocTite.
It’s an option I would definitely consider just for peace of mind. Just means I’d have to have a jewelers screwdriver on me at all times in the event of an emergency as I certainly wouldn’t want someone damaging it trying to take it off without one!

RosiePenners

Mar 8, 2020
I've had my bracelet for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. Wearing jewelry (other than my earrings) while showering and sleeping feels so decadent and glamorous. And I love seeing the diamonds sparkle when I wash my hands :blush:
Me too! Show is a photo of you like! I’m currently shopping for Love number 2, they are so addicting and gorgeous pieces.