Buying Generic Dustbags to Store Bags?

thepursenoob

Nov 25, 2019
Hi,
This might be a silly question.
Let’s say you purchased an authentic handbag but the seller did not ship it with the brand’s dust bag. Can we use a generic, relatively cheap dust bag to store our new love? Or will it damage the exterior or cause moisture issues?

Reactions: ladysarah

GoStanford

Jun 28, 2012
Hi,
Let’s say you purchased an authentic handbag but the seller did not ship it with the brand’s dust bag. Can we use a generic, relatively cheap dust bag to store our new love? Or will it damage the exterior or cause moisture issues?
You may also want to contact the company and ask if you can get an extra dust bag. No need to go into details of the bag being secondhand/through another seller, nor do companies always ask for this information. I asked nicely and was able to get a Marc Jacobs dust bag for my secondhand bag years ago (they sent it in the mail).

Reactions: sdkitty

Gabs007

Feb 5, 2018
I actually prefer a lot of generic dustbags, I bought a ton from a company that uses pure cotton, you can pick if you want the inside like flannel or smooth (depending if you store suede or leather) and they have a clear pocket on the outside, where you can put a card in with the brand and type, makes finding the shoes much easier

tatertot

~Happy Tot~
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
Great Lakes
Hi,
It won't cause any damage to use an off brand duster or pillowcase, but I would recommend only cotton if possible. Depending on the brand you can usually find a lone duster for sale on ebay/Mercari/Posh etc.. That said there is a brand of handbags that I buy and they ship the bags folded in smaller dusters. It drives me crazy and so I use the heavy cotton dusters from Fashionphile to store them in. You have lots of options :smile:

Reactions: Gabs007