Authenticate This PROENZA SCHOULER

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Thank you so much! What a pleasant surprise!!!
I was a bit concerned about the lack of PS engraving on the hardware and the names being close together on the inner tag. I imagine those details probably changed with time, as this bag has been in production for quite a while now.
That's exactly what happened, yes. :smile: There was a redesign in 2013, with new font for the logo and new lining. Some bags that were released at that time, such as yours, were somewhat of a mix between the old and the new styles.

irina64

O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
London
That's exactly what happened, yes. :smile: There was a redesign in 2013, with new font for the logo and new lining. Some bags that were released at that time, such as yours, were somewhat of a mix between the old and the new styles.
Thank you so much for all the info! I'll dig around in the reference library and some older threads to learn more about all these details. I'm especially curious about the changes in the leather used and which one I've got.
I won't hog this thread anymore though.
Thank you both, @IntheOcean and @Elliespurse !

balenciaguy

Apr 1, 2016
Hello @Elliespurse @IntheOcean, me again I’d like to get your opinion on this bag. Its heavily used but the price is too good to pass up on. I can easily have it restored.

Attachments

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Hello @Elliespurse @IntheOcean, me again I’d like to get your opinion on this bag. Its heavily used but the price is too good to pass up on. I can easily have it restored.
Wait for Ellie to comment, but I believe this is authentic :smile: It's a size Large, the color could be Military? It was repeated several times, so I can't say exactly what season this bag's from, but no later than 2012.

Reactions: Elliespurse

acyoc

Sep 27, 2021
Hello! First timer here.

I just got my first Proenza Schouler bag YEARS after I saw my first one. My dream one is a larger one, but I can't afford it yet. I bought this one second hand and was wondering if it was authentic. I'll probably keep it even if it's not genuine because the quality is quite good, but please let me know what you think! I'm particularly worried about the mismatch serial number. The tag says its the PS1 Mini. (Also, any tips on how to take care of a suede bag?) Thank you for your time!

2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

Elliespurse

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 21, 2009
europe
Hello! First timer here.

I just got my first Proenza Schouler bag YEARS after I saw my first one. My dream one is a larger one, but I can't afford it yet. I bought this one second hand and was wondering if it was authentic. I'll probably keep it even if it's not genuine because the quality is quite good, but please let me know what you think! I'm particularly worried about the mismatch serial number. The tag says its the PS1 Mini. (Also, any tips on how to take care of a suede bag?) Thank you for your time!

View attachment 5220436
View attachment 5220437 View attachment 5220438 View attachment 5220439 View attachment 5220440 View attachment 5220441
Hi, everything looks ok but some more pics of the stamped PS letters inside the bag would be great.
The numbers often doesn't match so this is ok.
Also wait for @IntheOcean to look at this too.

Reactions: IntheOcean

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Hello! First timer here.

View attachment 5220436
View attachment 5220437 View attachment 5220438 View attachment 5220439 View attachment 5220440 View attachment 5220441
Hi. Welcome to the Purse Forum :smile: Yes, from the photos you provided the bag looks perfectly fine, but like Elliespurse said, some photos are missing.

It's a beautiful bag, suede is quite delicate, yes, but in my opinion, if it's black, it's not that difficult to carry for it. Make sure that if you clean and/or condition the bag, you use products intended for suede.

Reactions: Elliespurse