Authenticate This PRADA

mrjtiggs

Oct 13, 2020
Hello and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I already have this bag in my possession, so there's no listing/seller/title/etc. I've placed all pictures outlined in the guide in the album below.

It's definitely an older bag and not in great shape, but I'm not sure if she's just "old and showing her age" or a high end counterfeit (for the time). On the plus side, it's made with real ostrich, the zippers are made by the correct manufacturer, the logo tags look correct for the time period, and there's a QA tag. On the down side, the luggage tag cover doesn't say "Prada" on it like similar examples I've seen (not sure if they all do or not) and some of the stitching looks a bit less precise than I'd expect from Prada. Thanks so much!

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Where women 'GLOW' and men 'THUNDER'
Hello and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I already have this bag in my possession, so there's no listing/seller/title/etc. I've placed all pictures outlined in the guide in the album below.

It's definitely an older bag and not in great shape, but I'm not sure if she's just "old and showing her age" or a high end counterfeit (for the time). On the plus side, it's made with real ostrich, the zippers are made by the correct manufacturer, the logo tags look correct for the time period, and there's a QA tag. On the down side, the luggage tag cover doesn't say "Prada" on it like similar examples I've seen (not sure if they all do or not) and some of the stitching looks a bit less precise than I'd expect from Prada. Thanks so much!
Where and when was this originally purchased, or where did you get it from?

mrjtiggs

Oct 13, 2020
Where and when was this originally purchased, or where did you get it from?
Hello and thanks for getting back to me! I purchased it at a thrift shop approximately 2 months ago. I've pulled other high end items out of this particular store in the past (it's in an upscale area), so that combined with some of the other factors I mentioned in the original post are the reason I decided to take a chance on it. I'm able to authenticate a decent number of brands that I see on a regular basis and am more familiar with, but I'm very inexperienced with Prada. My gut gave me mixed signals on this one, so I'm extremely grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks again.

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Hello and thanks for getting back to me! I purchased it at a thrift shop approximately 2 months ago. I've pulled other high end items out of this particular store in the past (it's in an upscale area), so that combined with some of the other factors I mentioned in the original post are the reason I decided to take a chance on it. I'm able to authenticate a decent number of brands that I see on a regular basis and am more familiar with, but I'm very inexperienced with Prada. My gut gave me mixed signals on this one, so I'm extremely grateful for any help you can provide. Thanks again.
Do you need it authenticated to onsell?

mrjtiggs

Oct 13, 2020
I'm still deciding between gifting it to my girlfriend or possibly selling it. Most likely the former, since it's not in great shape. If it's counterfeit, then it would just be trashed. Thanks

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Firing Range Central
Hello! I would really appreciate if someone can help me verify the authenticity of this bag I got.

Item Name: Prada Re-Edition 2000 Nylon Mini Bag
Listing Number: N/A
Seller ID: Local Consignment Shop
Link: N/A
Comments: They have offer a guarantee that their designer items are authentic, but I need some peace of mind. My main concern is that the two vertical lines on the key ring tag is a bit lower than the other ones I've seen. It was half the retail price and I've been wanting this bag in this specific color for a while so I thought I'd bite the bullet.

View attachment 4875724 View attachment 4875725 View attachment 4875726 View attachment 4875727 View attachment 4875728 View attachment 4875729 View attachment 4875730 View attachment 4875731 View attachment 4875732 View attachment 4875733
Looks fake to me. Applying the "would I buy it" test - it fails spectacularly.
I'm not up to speed with the details on these reissues, but this one screams fake to me too.

mrjtiggs

Oct 13, 2020
Thank you both so much for your assistance. Not the news I was hoping for, but happy to have confirmation. Have a great day.

dk411

Oct 17, 2020
Hi! I've been coveting this bag since it was released in 2017, so I really hope this is authentic. I know Poshmark authenticates, but I'd like some assurances before buying. Any help is greatly appreciated :smile:

Item Name: Prada City Calf Plex Ribbon Shoulder Bag
Listing number: N/A
Seller ID: babymaya1987
Link: http://poshmark.com/listing/city-c...d-bag-black-and-pink-5c7704e7fe5151788b8728bc
Comments: Comes w/ dustbag but not authenticity card

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Hi! I've been coveting this bag since it was released in 2017, so I really hope this is authentic. I know Poshmark authenticates, but I'd like some assurances before buying. Any help is greatly appreciated :smile:

Item Name: Prada City Calf Plex Ribbon Shoulder Bag
Listing number: N/A
Seller ID: babymaya1987
Link: http://poshmark.com/listing/city-c...d-bag-black-and-pink-5c7704e7fe5151788b8728bc
Comments: Comes w/ dustbag but not authenticity card
Photos are insufficient for authentication.

And I've seen some of poshmark's "authentications" and they have left me G A S P I N G!!!!!

Aug 25, 2020
Last edited:

missfiggy

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
Item Name: Brand new Prada keychain wallet
Listing number: -
Seller ID: pennli88
Link: http://poshmark.com/listing/Brand-new-Prada-keychain-wallet-5effc39a88cce35c4f606dbc
Comments: Hello. Please help. I just bought this from Poshmark. From handling it, it feels very substantial and well made, but I always get nervous when I do not see a notch in the R, even though I know some Prada bags/items do not have the notch at all. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 4881533

View attachment 4881534

View attachment 4881535

View attachment 4881536

View attachment 4881537

View attachment 4881538

View attachment 4881539
It's impossible to be 100% sure about all these small leathergoods just from photos. That said, this looks to be authentic and if you feel that it is substantial and well made, that is also a positive.