Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
www.louisvuittonbag.net
IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Jemmyma

Jemmyma
Oct 17, 2020
Hi, i just bought a coach marvel hand bag at 50% discount at an outlet. How can i know whether it’s original or not? Also checked at shopee that the same pattern which sold at a very cheap price, how come:smile:
Thank you image.gif

image.gif

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Hi, i just bought a coach marvel hand bag at 50% discount at an outlet. How can i know whether it’s original or not? Also checked at shopee that the same pattern which sold at a very cheap price, how come:smile:
Thank you View attachment 4881587

View attachment 4881578
Where did you buy it exactly? If you bought it at a authorized Coach outlet, it is authentic. This is the current online price for it: http://www.coachoutlet.com/product...nvas-with-patches/2538.html?dwvar_color=SVCAH
At the very bottom of this link there is a store locator that shows where all authorized Coach outlets are.

This Marvel collection was made specifically for outlets so nothing was ever sold at the "comparable value" price.

Reactions: LadaZuri

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
If this was bought from Coach.com, there is no reason to get it authenticated. They don't sell fakes.

Bhaverstock1

Oct 17, 2020
Mky
If this was bought from Coach.com, there is no reason to get it authenticated. They don't sell fakes.
Well after reading Real VS Fake I just had a couple of questions regarding this bag:
1) I just wanted to make sure that it was actually bought from that retailer and if it was indeed real. I didn't need sly comments. Just a newbie with questions about a bag before I sell it and want the truth. I've never owned a Coach before so I don't know what to expect. I'm only asking questions for the BUYERS sake.
2) I also had questions about the dust bag, being white. I wasn't sure if that made a difference. Some places I read said all those were fake?
3) The creed number starts with an "E" and is made in Vietnam.
I've been burned before and I don't want this to be the same case. Even though he said it came from the store/site. So, if this doesn't help I'll just call the store itself. Thank you for all your help! Even though it doesn't need any authentication. Hope all is well

Last edited:

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Well after reading Real VS Fake I just had a couple of questions regarding this bag:
1) I just wanted to make sure that it was actually bought from that retailer and if it was indeed real. I didn't need sly comments. Just a newbie with questions about a bag before I sell it and want the truth. I've never owned a Coach before so I don't know what to expect. I'm only asking questions for the BUYERS sake.
2) I also had questions about the dust bag, being white. I wasn't sure if that made a difference. Some places I read said all those were fake?
I've been burned before and I don't want this to be the same case. Even though he said it came from the store/site. So, if this doesn't help I'll just call the store itself. Thank you for all your help! Even though it doesn't need any authentication. Hope all is well
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I thought you knew it was bought from Coach.com. I don't see any problems with the bag but I'm not expert in newer styles. I hope another authenticator will take a look.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
These photos aren't adequate for authentication. Where did you get it? Is it listed online?
They are actually pics I took. My boyfriend bought this purse for me and I do not like it. Im going to sell it but I want to make sure 100%
@whateve wasn't being rude (or sly) but rather, was trying to confirm that you (or he) bought it from the REAL Coach site. Perhaps you are unaware but there are many, MANY fake Coach websites that claim to be either Coach or Coach outlet and those sites don't sell authentic items although many show pictures of genuine items, those images having been copied from the real Coach sites.

In answer to your concerns in your most recent post, I'll comment on those:

Dust bags can vary depending on when they were issued with the bag they came with and where items were purchased. There have been various styles, colors and materials of dust bags, including small thin muslin dust bags that may come from outlet purchases.

Additionally, there are cases where sellers include a dust bag they either found, purchased or owned from a different Coach bag and they might include it with a bag from which it didn't come. (Sometimes, uninformed sellers show fake dust bags with a genuine bag or a genuine dust bag with a fake.)

The dust bag that came with your bag is correct for that bag and is genuine.

I don't know where you read that said that any white dust bags are fake but whatever site or whoever posted it is wrong and shouldn't be trusted to authenticate!

There's a lot of misinformation on the internet and it can be difficult to determine who knows what they're talking about.

The E at the beginning of the serial number on your bag means that the bag was made in May. Coach makes and has made bags in a variety of countries including Vietnam. (There are also fakes pretending to be made in some of the same countries.)

There's a lot of information out there and it doesn't hurt to ask about any bag you aren't sure of but 99.9999% of the time, an item that has come directly from Coach is authentic. (The rare time that someone might get a fake from Coach would be a case of a switcheroo by a dishonest buyer and the swap wasn't caught by the Coach employee.)

Bhaverstock1

Oct 17, 2020
Mky
@whateve wasn't being rude (or sly) but rather, was trying to confirm that you (or he) bought it from the REAL Coach site. Perhaps you are unaware but there are many, MANY fake Coach websites that claim to be either Coach or Coach outlet and those sites don't sell authentic items although many show pictures of genuine items, those images having been copied from the real Coach sites.

In answer to your concerns in your most recent post, I'll comment on those:

Dust bags can vary depending on when they were issued with the bag they came with and where items were purchased. There have been various styles, colors and materials of dust bags, including small thin muslin dust bags that may come from outlet purchases.

Additionally, there are cases where sellers include a dust bag they either found, purchased or owned from a different Coach bag and they might include it with a bag from which it didn't come. (Sometimes, uninformed sellers show fake dust bags with a genuine bag or a genuine dust bag with a fake.)

The dust bag that came with your bag is correct for that bag and is genuine.

I don't know where you read that said that any white dust bags are fake but whatever site or whoever posted it is wrong and shouldn't be trusted to authenticate!

There's a lot of misinformation on the internet and it can be difficult to determine who knows what they're talking about.

The E at the beginning of the serial number on your bag means that the bag was made in May. Coach makes and has made bags in a variety of countries including Vietnam. (There are also fakes pretending to be made in some of the same countries.)

There's a lot of information out there and it doesn't hurt to ask about any bag you aren't sure of but 99.9999% of the time, an item that has come directly from Coach is authentic. (The rare time that someone might get a fake from Coach would be a case of a switcheroo by a dishonest buyer and the swap wasn't caught by the Coach employee.)
Thank you BB for taking the time to explain this to me. I had no clue on authentication and you've helped 100%. Google isn't the best source of Fake VS real. Lol

msplvsmsp

Oct 1, 2016
Hello,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
I would greatly appreciate your help in authenticating an item I purchased online.
I purchased this vintage court bag and still waiting on the shipment.

FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
Item code: No.G9P-9870

Place of purchase: Mercari (original listing is not available any longer. Attached photos are screen shots I had.)
Dimensions: Height 7" x Width 9.6" x Depth 2.75" Shoulder Strap 44.5"

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

m16520871598_2.gif

m16520871598_3.gif

m16520871598_4.gif

m16520871598_5.gif

m16520871598_6.gif

m16520871598_7.gif

m16520871598_8.gif

m16520871598_9.gif