Antigona Soft

Kimbashop

Do bags dream of being held?
Jul 14, 2016
No it won't due to the opening, I have tried on mine with 13' Dell notebook but won't go in, even though size wise it should fit, if that makes sense.
confirming this -- I tried fitting my 13" pro into the small tote (unclasped) both horizontally and vertically. If you fit it in vertically, it sticks out quite a bit and you can't zip it up. I think the medium size would work well for a laptop.

Oct 21, 2008
I'm almost ready to buy a medium now that there are some colours I love. But I can't decide between Storm Grey and Deep Purple.
Has anyone seen either in real life?

I'm going back and forth between the two colours. If the Purple is an aubergine tone I'd be ecstatic but the Grey is my favourite deep, dark grey tone.
I couldn't go wrong with either but the grey is obviously more versatile and since I'll be keeping it for a long time it may be the better bag for me. Just don't know if I can resist the purple ...

Any thoughts ?

14962174_28751847_1000.gif 15248318_29353361_1000.gif

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I'm almost ready to buy a medium now that there are some colours I love. But I can't decide between Storm Grey and Deep Purple.

I'm going back and forth between the two colours. If the Purple is an aubergine tone I'd be ecstatic but the Grey is my favourite deep, dark grey tone.
I couldn't go wrong with either but the grey is obviously more versatile and since I'll be keeping it for a long time it may be the better bag for me. Just don't know if I can resist the purple ...

Any thoughts ?

View attachment 4924154 View attachment 4924155
Tough decision. For me, the deep purple does have that eggplant tone of aubergine, so if you wear lots of blacks, greys, navys, I'd get this as my more "colorful" accent. The dark grey is lovely for sure, but seems almost flat and one dimensional in pic...like concrete, which would work well in contrast with a less conservative or non-minimalistic wardrobe.

Kimbashop

Jul 14, 2016

Any thoughts ?

Both of these colors are stunning and versatile. The aubergine strikes me as a neutral, kind of like Hermes Raisin. It looks to be a very subtle brownish-purple. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the aubergine is very striking and unique.

Pollie-Jean

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

Any thoughts ?

The purple gets my vote ! Such a wonderful color :love:
It's very hard to find a purple like this ! So dark , saturated and elegant :heart:

Oct 21, 2008
Both of these colors are stunning and versatile. The aubergine strikes me as a neutral, kind of like Hermes Raisin. It looks to be a very subtle brownish-purple. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the aubergine is very striking and unique.
Thank you, that colour reference was really helpful. It did send me down an amazing rabbit hole of Hermes purples and musing on that Evelyne that got away, but I can see through others eyes that this is a 'serious' purple for want of a better word, which is what I'm wanting :smile:
Also there's nothing like a trip to Hermes Land to make Givenchy prices look fantastic :lol:

Tough decision. For me, the deep purple does have that eggplant tone of aubergine, so if you wear lots of blacks, greys, navys, I'd get this as my more "colorful" accent. The dark grey is lovely for sure, but seems almost flat and one dimensional in pic...like concrete, which would work well in contrast with a less conservative or non-minimalistic wardrobe.
Good call on the wardrobe colours because that describes my two wardrobes :biggrin:
Urban cool - black, grey, white and denim; and casual beach - very mixed and colourful up to and including limes and acid yellow, even a touch of neon, which looks fantastic with a sober dark grey. I asked the store for more advice on the dark grey colour tone because there are so few pictures of it but they weren't overly helpful so I'm guessing it is a concrete or battleship grey.

The purple gets my vote ! Such a wonderful color :love:
It's very hard to find a purple like this ! So dark , saturated and elegant
I've spent the last few days looking at purples and comparing them to the Givenchy colour and I agree, this is an exceptionally nice shade. I don't do red-brown burgundy but eggplant/aubergine or deep purple berry, which this seems to be, is lovely and as you point out, quite rare. And Givenchy calf leather is excellent :heart:

Thank you all, I really appreciate the general approval of the purple because it hasn't been featured here much. I actually don't have a single purple bag! That may change soon though ... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimbashop
Oct 21, 2008
So I bought my gorgeous Antigona!

I really love the bag - size is right, weight is right, both the leather and the slouch feel wonderful and the colour is fabulous (mulberry jam!) but the story isn't over yet because the bag I received has a flaw in the leather right in front ... ouch. So back it goes and another one will be here soon.

Just for colour reference a couple of pics of the one that's going back. I dearly hope that the next one is the exact same colour as this and not a new season version of burgundy-purple ... fingers crossed.

DSCN2713 (1).gif

DSCN2700 (1).gif

Kimbashop

Jul 14, 2016
St

I really love the bag - size is right, weight is right, both the leather and the slouch feel wonderful and the colour is fabulous (mulberry jam!) but the story isn't over yet because the bag I received has a flaw in the leather right in front ... ouch. So back it goes and another one will be here soon.

Just for colour reference a couple of pics of the one that's going back. I dearly hope that the next one is the exact same colour as this and not a new season version of burgundy-purple ... fingers crossed.

View attachment 4945398

View attachment 4945404
This is stunning. I have the small size but I really love how it looks in the medium. I hope you get another beauty in this color soon!

Reactions: Straight-Laced

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018

View attachment 4945398

View attachment 4945404
Such a beauty! Lovely color. :loveeyes: Hopefully, the exchange will arrive shortly and in pristine condition.

itbag

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007

View attachment 4945398

View attachment 4945404
Beautiful

ardenp

Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

i just received my new Antigona soft in medium yesterday. I’m an”old Givenchy” fan with the sheep leather Pandora and the medium Nightingale being my two favourite bags which I’ve had and used and loved for years. I’ve always liked the Antigona since it’s release, but the original one is too structured and stiff for me and my lifestyle. I was so excited when they released the soft version as it reminds me a little of the old style Nightingales and makes the Antigona so much more wearable for me. No one does croc as well as Givenchy so when the medium size came out in croc I just had to have it. I think I might want to get another one at some point. Thanks for letting me share! :smile:

View attachment 4902857

View attachment 4902858

View attachment 4902859

View attachment 4902860

View attachment 4902861

View attachment 4902862
Love, love this bag! Did you find the croc embossed in the small size for the soft style, or just the medium? And do you feel that the croc leather adds any more structure so that the bag isn't too much of a beautiful puddle? I find the classic Antigona too structured for my own taste but also know that the completely unstructured bags make me want to add an insert, especially for the base. Would love your thoughts!

TwiggyM

O.G.
Jan 5, 2011
Love, love this bag! Did you find the croc embossed in the small size for the soft style, or just the medium? And do you feel that the croc leather adds any more structure so that the bag isn't too much of a beautiful puddle? I find the classic Antigona too structured for my own taste but also know that the completely unstructured bags make me want to add an insert, especially for the base. Would love your thoughts!
Hi,

thank you for your kind words. I love this bag too, I’ve never really been tempted to purchase an Antigona style bag before, but this one I fell in love with the moment I saw it. I’m super happy with it so far even though in these COVID times I haven’t had the opportunity to use it as much as I’d like. It is to me the perfect mix between structure and slouch - it doesn’t slouch a lot, but it’s definitely smooshy enough that it doesn’t feel stiff and awkward to handle. The base isn’t super wide so I don’t think a bag organiser is necessary for structure - if so it would be more to find things more easily in the bag. Croc calfskin is in my experience always more structured than “regular” leather so I think this one will take longer to soften up or loose shape. I’ve seen it in the small size too in croc print so I know it exists. I’m happy to recommend this bag to anyone who asks and from what you write it seems to me that this could be a good fit (at least in terms of slouchiness/structure). Keep us posted on what you decide on :smile:

Reactions: Kimbashop