Amina Muaddi

Marissa Birdi Styling

Marissa Birdi Styling Group Dallas, TX
Aug 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
www.marissabirdi.com
Does anyone know when Amina’s next collection will be released? Interested to see if anyone have seen any of the shoes?
PF release is March- April... I have seen the linesheet, only sketch form right now.
PVC will continue in classic clear, light blue, lavender (beautiful!!) and I have seen an orange satin slingback and light blue mule (begum styles)
Also, ~$100 increase on the begum

Reactions: ElishaDxoxo

Diamandis

Aug 30, 2019
I know quality issues seem to be a reoccurring problem for the pvc pumps and slingbacks, but can anyone speak to the comfort level of the satin finish and the pyramid heel style?

I find designers like Jimmy Choo and Manolo to be a hit or a miss when it comes to comfort depending on the style.

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
PF release is March- April... I have seen the linesheet, only sketch form right now.
PVC will continue in classic clear, light blue, lavender (beautiful!!) and I have seen an orange satin slingback and light blue mule (begum styles)
Also, ~$100 increase on the begum
Omg do you know which stores ordered them?

amag520

Nerdy Fashionista
Oct 30, 2011
USA
Got an email yesterday from my Nordstrom SA that the Amina Muaddi clear slingbacks are coming back. I believe you can try to reserve a pair.

label.hoe

Jan 10, 2012
miami
www.louisvuittonbag.net
Just ordered the Kitty Glass from MyTheresa. I took the sizing advice in this thread and went TTS, I will report once I receive them. I love the begum but only the closed version as I’ve had bad luck with pvc sling-backs unless the sling part is reinforced with leather.
I love pvc pumps and have a sizable collection from an array of different designers -let’s see how well these hold up!

Reactions: amag520

rsen

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
Just ordered the Lupita in the metallic lavender... I went half a size up bc my actual size was sold out... hoping they fit!

label.hoe

Jan 10, 2012
miami
www.louisvuittonbag.net
yesterday I received my Amina Muaddi kitty glass pumps! firstly, I am very impressed with My Theresa. the shipping to U.S. was fast and the packaging was a pretty yellow magnetic box. also the AM packaging is lovely with the exception of the single dust bag.

Amina Muaddi Kitty Glass: this style is a pvc round-toe pump with rows of crystals that appear to be affixed to very thin white (suede?) trim. and sits on the well know AM martini style heel.

first impressions: upon opening the box and looking at the shoes, I could immediately tell that the quality did not match the $$$ very expensive price tag. it was something about the smell, they have a strong oder like a cheap plastic toy. with a leather sole and leather inner sole, I would expect a rich leather smell. also the plastic looks very thin and cheap compared to my other designer “Cinderella” shoes. as for the martini heel, it doesn’t sit flat on the floor. essentially, the heel tilts and you walk on one side of it. I am sure that is the reason some of you ladies have issues with the heel squeaking when you walk. I am curious to see how the heel tabs will wear over time. also, the shoes did not include extra heel tabs >:sad:

Fit: this style fits tts for me. they sparkle so much, it is impossible to capture the sparkle in a picture. they are whimsical beautiful pumps and look very flattering on.

overall, although the shoes are pretty, they are certainly not worth $$$. but I will keep them since I love collecting glass slippers. these will be my one and only AM addition to my collection. I think the women getting the dupes are very smart! I love designer shoes for more reasons than just the name. I admire a well made Italian shoe, and to me, these do not represent that. I admit that I fell for the hype!

Attachments

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
yesterday I received my Amina Muaddi kitty glass pumps! firstly, I am very impressed with My Theresa. the shipping to U.S. was fast and the packaging was a pretty yellow magnetic box. also the AM packaging is lovely with the exception of the single dust bag.

Amina Muaddi Kitty Glass: this style is a pvc round-toe pump with rows of crystals that appear to be affixed to very thin white (suede?) trim. and sits on the well know AM martini style heel.

first impressions: upon opening the box and looking at the shoes, I could immediately tell that the quality did not match the $$$ very expensive price tag. it was something about the smell, they have a strong oder like a cheap plastic toy. with a leather sole and leather inner sole, I would expect a rich leather smell. also the plastic looks very thin and cheap compared to my other designer “Cinderella” shoes. as for the martini heel, it doesn’t sit flat on the floor. essentially, the heel tilts and you walk on one side of it. I am sure that is the reason some of you ladies have issues with the heel squeaking when you walk. I am curious to see how the heel tabs will wear over time. also, the shoes did not include extra heel tabs >:sad:

Fit: this style fits tts for me. they sparkle so much, it is impossible to capture the sparkle in a picture. they are whimsical beautiful pumps and look very flattering on.

overall, although the shoes are pretty, they are certainly not worth $$$. but I will keep them since I love collecting glass slippers. these will be my one and only AM addition to my collection. I think the women getting the dupes are very smart! I love designer shoes for more reasons than just the name. I admire a well made Italian shoe, and to me, these do not represent that. I admit that I fell for the hype!
Thanks for the honest review! I have been curious about this brand, but without being able to see them in person and try them on before ordering, let alone nowhere to wear them I've been hesitant. They do look gorgeous on you. What other Cinderella shoes do you have? What are the AM dupes?

label.hoe

Jan 10, 2012
miami
www.louisvuittonbag.net
Thanks Lavender. I never held a pair of AM before receiving mine, so lesson learned. I just meant dupes from Ego or other fast-fashion shoe brands.
I do love collecting glass slippers. My other “cinderella” shoes are from dolce & gabbana, valentino, christian louboutin, charlotte olympia, chanel, stuart weizman, yeezy, manolo blahnik, I even have a pair of melissa shoes when they did the collaboration with disney.

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
Thanks Lavender. I never held a pair of AM before receiving mine, so lesson learned. I just meant dupes from Ego or other fast-fashion shoe brands.
I do love collecting glass slippers. My other “cinderella” shoes are from dolce & gabbana, valentino, christian louboutin, charlotte olympia, chanel, stuart weizman, yeezy, manolo blahnik, I even have a pair of melissa shoes when they did the collaboration with disney.
Your Cinderella shoes collection sounds amazing! You should do a collection thread here. After all, the forum name is The Glass Slipper. :flowers: