All about the Puff...Puffer bags!

JZ's Princess

Feb 8, 2021
I haven’t been in any stores for the past year due to COVID but a couple weeks ago when I had the day off I went to a few stores mid-day on a Monday just for some normalcy. Anywho that is where I saw the puffer for the first time. I honestly don’t feel like pictures do it justice. The leather and puffiness was perfect and I have a feeling I am going to need to have one in my life very soon. Hoping to find it on sale though. I also looked at the crinkly leather version and I hated it! I love Valentino crinkly leather but the leather YSL used felt and looked like plastic rubber and honestly looked like really cheap pleather.

Your bag is beautiful!
I agree! I hate the wrinkly look! Like why spend so much money on a bag that looks so old and worn out? for someone who knows this bag, cool, but most people don't know and might be like ew, what an ugly bag! So not risking the moola for that!

And the leather is super soft, it DOES feel like pleather lol.

Reactions: KensingtonUK

Moxisox

Mar 14, 2020
My small grey matte leather puffer is soft and squishy too. I love it! Definitely one of my favs for every day use!
Grey is one of my all time favorite colors, and it looks amazing with SHW. I just realized all of my bags and SLG‘s from YSL have SHW. Probably bc all of my other luxury bags have gold. I am loving the silver right now.

Reactions: thundercloud

thundercloud

puppy treat machine
O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
SoCal
Grey is one of my all time favorite colors, and it looks amazing with SHW. I just realized all of my bags and SLG‘s from YSL have SHW. Probably bc all of my other luxury bags have gold. I am loving the silver right now.
Mine too! I normally go for gold hw (if I had the choice), but I'm loving the grey w silver hw on my puffer!
20210206_142538.

qann77

Apr 10, 2016
It’s the softest bag I’ve ever felt. Love it!
I wish I hadn’t waited so long to get it.
I rehab and customize full-grain leather ballet flats as a hobby. I will probably seal the corners of my puffer to protect them from wear, and use carbon pro after to prevent stains or water damage. If there is any wear you can use black leather cream to restore it. That’s actually one of the reasons I chose the black for the lambskin. I knew it’d be a bit more delicate and black is really easy to match to fix scuffs, scratches or wear.
Thanks! Can I check what can be used to seal the corners? Leather cream as in shoe cream eg. Tarrago shoe cream?

Moxisox

Mar 14, 2020
Ohhhhhhh she is lovely!!!! Now you have me itching for one to hug and carry as well!
Thank you! It’s definitely my favorite bag right now. Very huggable!

Mine too! I normally go for gold hw (if I had the choice), but I'm loving the grey w silver hw on my puffer!
View attachment 5047995
This is so beautiful!
Thanks! Can I check what can be used to seal the corners? Leather cream as in shoe cream eg. Tarrago shoe cream?
I use Angelus Acrylic finisher. It comes in different finishes (matte to gloss), and I usually use the 6000 just because it’s not too glossy or matte. And instead of using a brush, I use a soft cloth and just wipe it on (like you would apply urethane) doing 2-3 thin layers allowing them to dry in between. For scuffs or rub-wear you could use Tarrago. Just a tiny bit on a cloth on the area needed, wait a couple minutes and lightly buff. Then after it dries, you could seal it, and carbon pro/Apple Guard would be last.

Amy Kennedy

Aug 22, 2018
My Loulou Puffer just arrived today! I was wondering what products anyone has used to waterproof the bag? That's always the first thing I do, so I have a bunch of different brands at home of waterproofing creams and sprays that I've used on my other leather bags, but was wondering if anyone had anything specific they liked with the Puffer.

Reactions: Moxisox

Moxisox

Mar 14, 2020
My Loulou Puffer just arrived today! I was wondering what products anyone has used to waterproof the bag? That's always the first thing I do, so I have a bunch of different brands at home of waterproofing creams and sprays that I've used on my other leather bags, but was wondering if anyone had anything specific they liked with the Puffer.
I sealed the corners since they’re prone to wear (Angelus Acrylic Sealer 600). Then I did 2 coats of Carbon Pro. I also keep a small folded nylon shopper inside. That way if it’s down-pouring I can pull it out and put my bag inside to protect it.