2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday.
• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week you can show your bags “late”.
• Show bags individually or in a group.
• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week.
• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2019) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

Week of:
Feb. 16: Red (including burgundy)
Feb. 23: Orange & Yellow
Mar 1: Green
Mar 8: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)
Mar. 15: Violet (including purple & pink)
Mar. 22: Black
Mar. 29: Gray
Apr. 5: White & Cream
Apr. 12 Brown & Tan
Apr. 19: Metallic
Apr. 26: Jeweled and all other embellished
May 3: Multicolored

Two handy ways to find past photos:

1) Go back to the old years’ shopping your closet threads and search through posts to find yours:

• 2016 photos start with post #3569
• 2017 photos start with post #4476
• 2018 photos start with post #3237
• 2019 photos start with post #2683

2) Do a search using the forum’s search function. Click on the looking glass in the upper right hand corner. It will bring up a search box. Enter your search terms for a bag or for a phrase posted by you with your user name and it will pull up entries that match.

cowgirlsboots

Sep 28, 2018
I finally received my quarantine purchase bag! Ordered from Farfetch, and sent by a boutique in Spain. However, it spent more than 2 weeks in our Customs owing to skeleton-staffing due to quarantine. (We’re still on quarantine though on a more relaxed phase.)

I said I was not going to order a bag during the quarantine as things are not normal, but then June is my birthday month, plus I would not be able to get this bag at the sale price offered by Farfetch even inclusive of our high duties and taxes. And I had really been looking at this bag for some time. Even mentioned it on this thread before.
My Saint Laurent East Side bag!
View attachment 4772653
Color name is Rouge but it’s a bit of a rust red to my eyes. But on certain lighting it is red indeed. Leather is a bit matte so maybe it contributes to me feeling that it is not a true red. But overall I really love this bag!
Congratulations! This is a really nice bag! The matte shade of red appeals to me. It goes so well with the elegant understated design.

jblended

Mar 17, 2019
Hello dear friends! I've missed you all.
I'm not really here as I'm too tired to catch up properly, covid has really worn me out. I wanted to just pop in quickly and send you all e-hugs.
Thank you so much for the well wishes and messages of support. It means more than you know.
I hope everyone is well and safe. Keep smiling and I'll get caught up in here as soon as I'm able.
:flowers:

msd_bags

Jun 23, 2013
Congratulations! This is a really nice bag! The matte shade of red appeals to me. It goes so well with the elegant understated design.
Thanks!! I wonder though when I can have full use of this beauty. :idea:
I'm not really here as I'm too tired to catch up properly, covid has really worn me out. I wanted to just pop in quickly and send you all e-hugs.
Thank you so much for the well wishes and messages of support. It means more than you know.
I hope everyone is well and safe. Keep smiling and I'll get caught up in here as soon as I'm able.
Am I really glad to see you back!! More speedy recovery to you dear. Take a lot of rest!

muchstuff

"Add to cart"
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver
I finally received my quarantine purchase bag! Ordered from Farfetch, and sent by a boutique in Spain. However, it spent more than 2 weeks in our Customs owing to skeleton-staffing due to quarantine. (We’re still on quarantine though on a more relaxed phase.)

I said I was not going to order a bag during the quarantine as things are not normal, but then June is my birthday month, plus I would not be able to get this bag at the sale price offered by Farfetch even inclusive of our high duties and taxes. And I had really been looking at this bag for some time. Even mentioned it on this thread before.
View attachment 4772653
Color name is Rouge but it’s a bit of a rust red to my eyes. But on certain lighting it is red indeed. Leather is a bit matte so maybe it contributes to me feeling that it is not a true red. But overall I really love this bag!
Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Reactions: keodi and msd_bags

muchstuff

"Add to cart"
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver
You’re missed, take care of yourself!

Cookiefiend

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2020
Jun 6, 2017

View attachment 4772653
Ooo - that's a gorgeous red!
So nice to hear from you, we've missed you!

Cookiefiend

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2020
Jun 6, 2017
I'm going to post my June stats a little early, since this is a short week.
Purses in/ out = 0 That darn Danse Lente is still in the closet! :annoyed:
Scarves in = 2. And both happened this weekend - I was SO close to making it a month without buying anything at all! But these two are beautiful - one I had been resisting since last year… Someone listed one on Ebay, and it showed beautifully, but it was at an outrageous price. I had read on the SOTD thread that H had put up some new/last season scarves, so I went to check. And there it was! Resistance was futile :borg:
The other is a 140 mousseline grail. I never thought I'd find it, but took a chance searching for it - and there it was. I'll post them both when they arrive in July.
Scarves out = 14. Fourteen! :panic: They were all scarves I *liked* but didn't love (except for one - but I wasn't wearing it so…), the last one went out this morning. I feel really good about it. My scarf drawers aren't as full (except for the moussie drawer - it's close to overflow, so it needs rearranging) and everything I have now is something I love. Which is how it should be.

Our backyard landscaping project was finished last week, and we've had some really nice weather, so Mr Cookie and I have been enjoying it. Haven't done much else - we did go out to dinner a few times, but this last time kinda worried me… I might take another hiatus because Covid-19 cases are going up in our area (not like they are in others though… I'm so sad/scared for AZ and FL right now) and there's no sense in tempting fate right now. Haven't been doing much reading, but my cross stitch project is 2/3 done now.

msd_bags

Jun 23, 2013
Congrats and Happy Birthday!
Thanks muchstuff!!
Scarves in = 2. And both happened this weekend - I was SO close to making it a month without buying anything at all! But these two are beautiful - one I had been resisting since last year… Someone listed one on Ebay, and it showed beautifully, but it was at an outrageous price. I had read on the SOTD thread that H had put up some new/last season scarves, so I went to check. And there it was! Resistance was futile :borg:
The other is a 140 mousseline grail. I never thought I'd find it, but took a chance searching for it - and there it was. I'll post them both when they arrive in July.
Scarves out = 14. Fourteen! :panic: They were all scarves I *liked* but didn't love (except for one - but I wasn't wearing it so…), the last one went out this morning. I feel really good about it. My scarf drawers aren't as full (except for the moussie drawer - it's close to overflow, so it needs rearranging) and everything I have now is something I love. Which is how it should be.

Our backyard landscaping project was finished last week, and we've had some really nice weather, so Mr Cookie and I have been enjoying it. Haven't done much else - we did go out to dinner a few times, but this last time kinda worried me… I might take another hiatus because Covid-19 cases are going up in our area (not like they are in others though… I'm so sad/scared for AZ and FL right now) and there's no sense in tempting fate right now. Haven't been doing much reading, but my cross stitch project is 2/3 done now.
Can’t wait to see the new scarves!
If it’s possible for you not to go out or socialize (even though observing social distancing) then please stay put. We don’t know if the virus is just around.

——-
We went to visit my Dad in our hometown this weekend - there were 3 of us in the car and we’re not living in the same house. All of us wore face mask, but as an extra protection, I wore face shield for the 2 hour trip. And when we got to my Dad’s, we also observed physical distancing (plus the masks). My Dad, who is 86 years old, is taking this lockdown really hard. He is not able to go out with the few friends he has left and he might be suffering from mild depression. That’s why we really take time to visit him from time to time that the situation allows and with much precaution of course.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007

View attachment 4772653
This is gorgeous! Congrats!

Reactions: msd_bags and keodi

keodi

save mode..on.
O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
The Beauty Bar

View attachment 4772653
Very elegant bag, I love the colour too!
So happy to hear from you! i'm glad you're hanging in and doing well, hope to see you around more often where you're able. we miss you!

OOO i'm curious to know what scarves you got! i've been tempted to get the birthday cake scarf in the black colour way but I have to be good, I have 3 scarves for f/w 2020 on my wishlist! great job on pairing down your scarf collection, and keeping what you absolutely love!

More bags

O.G.
Jul 2, 2008
Canada

View attachment 4772653
Happy belated birthday! Congratulations, this is gorgeous- I love this shade of red.

Reactions: msd_bags

More bags

O.G.
Jul 2, 2008
Canada
Thinking of you and wishing you well. Sending virtual hugs and best wishes for a full recovery. :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: jblended

More bags

O.G.
Jul 2, 2008
Canada

Congratulations on your great scarf additions. Super huge congratulations on 14 scarves out!!! This must have taken a great effort to decide they were in the out pile, to list them and to follow through on all the sales and shipping. Enjoy the results of your backyard landscaping, I am sure it looks beautiful. Stay safe.

More bags

O.G.
Jul 2, 2008
Canada
Thanks muchstuff!!

Can’t wait to see the new scarves!
If it’s possible for you not to go out or socialize (even though observing social distancing) then please stay put. We don’t know if the virus is just around.

——-
We went to visit my Dad in our hometown this weekend - there were 3 of us in the car and we’re not living in the same house. All of us wore face mask, but as an extra protection, I wore face shield for the 2 hour trip. And when we got to my Dad’s, we also observed physical distancing (plus the masks). My Dad, who is 86 years old, is taking this lockdown really hard. He is not able to go out with the few friends he has left and he might be suffering from mild depression. That’s why we really take time to visit him from time to time that the situation allows and with much precaution of course.
Best wishes to you and your dad and family. I am glad you were able to take precautions and spend time with your dad msd.

Reactions: msd_bags

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007

Seriously great stats!